Walmart Grocery Delivery

I just added the address of the resort as a saved address in the Walmart Grocery App for delivery from the local store.
When you set up your account in the app, did you use your actual home address or the address of the resort?

I added the address of the resort. I have several addresses saved to my account.
ok - thanks. I wasn't sure what the best way to do it was and didn't know if they required your actual home address so it matches your credit card info.

I used walmart back in end of june and it worked wonderfully, I just ordered again for this trip and I am hoping for the same great experience.

I used walmart back in end of june and it worked wonderfully, I just ordered again for this trip and I am hoping for the same great experience.
When do you travel? Yes please let us know how it goes. I just can't pay the garden grocer prices. They want $8.50 for a box of Entenmanns donuts. Pretty much everything is 70-100% more than through Walmart. I had seen a comparisson of the different services online somewhere and now I can't find it. Anyone have a link to that?

This morning I put everything I need for our Thanksgiving trip for 9 people in both Walmart and Instacart for Publix. Instacart was $33 dollars more than Walmart with free delivery and better delivery times. Instacart does not require you to be present unless you are purchasing alcohol. I am still on the fence as to which we are going to use because Walmart's last delivery is 7-8pm and I can't say we will be to the resort by then.

This morning I put everything I need for our Thanksgiving trip for 9 people in both Walmart and Instacart for Publix. Instacart was $33 dollars more than Walmart with free delivery and better delivery times. Instacart does not require you to be present unless you are purchasing alcohol. I am still on the fence as to which we are going to use because Walmart's last delivery is 7-8pm and I can't say we will be to the resort by then.
Walmart delivery requires you to be there? They won't leave it at the front desk?

That is what people have been saying here on the DIS.
Who did you choose to go with? How did your delivery go?
Setting up my order for next week, I like that Walmart carries brands we have at home and their prices aren't jacked up. Also nice that if I need anything additional I can get it delivered at the same time, things like an air mattress, lotions, OTC meds, even a crock pot for the thrifty :)

Last edited:
Went with Walmart with no issues. My son arrived before we did and I had added him as someone who could receive the order. We were staying at Animal Kingdom Kidani and he did have to meet them and sign.

To anyone who has recently gone Walmart Delivery and was not at the resort when the items were delivered (so they would have been delivered to bell services)
I ordered from them for my stay starting Sunday and I don't really know what to expect. I chose Sunday night 8-9 pm as the delivery time but I likely won't be there. When I called the resort they said Walmart will deliver to bell services. How did tipping work? Did you tip the Walmart delivery people? Did you have an opportunity to using the credit card you paid with? Ideally I won't actually be seeing the Walmart delivery person so I can't hand them a cash tip. How about when bell services brought up your stuff? How much did you tip? (my order is about $120 with a few cold items) Thanks in advance!

Yes and they have a promo code on their site of $10 off right now
I'm starting to lean toward ordering from Wal-mart even though we have a very short stay. Do they regularly have promo codes? Where do you see them? I went to Wal-mart's grocery website but didn't see anything about a promo code right now. I leave in a couple of weeks. Will it just be lucky timing if I get a promo code?

A general question to all who've used it--How do you choose to have it shipped rather than picked up?

I'm starting to lean toward ordering from Wal-mart even though we have a very short stay. Do they regularly have promo codes? Where do you see them? I went to Wal-mart's grocery website but didn't see anything about a promo code right now. I leave in a couple of weeks. Will it just be lucky timing if I get a promo code?

A general question to all who've used it--How do you choose to have it shipped rather than picked up?
If you're using Walmart grocery, which it sounds like you are, there is an option for "delivery" in the upper right corner. It will ask for the address, then warn you that some items may change depending upon locations and stock (and price) and your order needs to be reviewed. At checkout, after you enter your CC there is a place for a code. Right now if you use "FRESHCAR" it will take off the delivery fee. Note, the fees change depending on demand for that slot. Seem to range between $7.95 and $9.95.

I have my order set to go but am holding off submitting it to see what else we may forget or want. Little things usually. I also don't want to be surprised by things going out of stock and not being delivered.

Last edited:
If you're using Walmart grocery, which it sounds like you are, there is an option for "delivery" in the upper right corner. It will ask for the address, then warn you that some items may change depending upon locations and stock (and price) and your order needs to be reviewed. At checkout, after you enter your CC there is a place for a code. Right now if you use "FRESHCAR" it will take off the delivery fee. Note, the fees change depending on demand for that slot. Seem to range between $7.95 and $9.95.

I have my order set to go, but am holding off submitting it to see what else we may forget or want. Little things usually. Also don't want to be surprised by things going out of stock and not being delivered.
I am on grocery.walmart.com. I see no option for delivery. The only thing in the top right corner is Favorites and Sign Out. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I think you need to click on “reserve”. The pick up or delivery option will be available then. Delivery is not available in my area so I had to add the resort address. HTH

I think you need to click on “reserve”. The pick up or delivery option will be available then. Delivery is not available in my area so I had to add the resort address. HTH
Yep. That did it. I see you can only order a week out. So I guess I'll wait until next week to submit my order. Do you know how long the promo code FRESHCAR lasts?

What does everyone do about having items cancelled? How do you then go about getting what you need?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter