Walmart Info Reqd

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi there,

Please can you help us. We are vacationing in Oct 05 at the Beach Club Villas, our friend Simon will be coming too. Simon is autistic and cannot do without his favourite yoghurt.

Please can you tell me if Walmart sells the following item, as thats where we shop in Kissimee.

Yoplait Smooth childrens yoghurt, they are called "Mega Pots" and come in 4 flavours and contain no bits, eg seeds.

Any info would be grateful, many thanks in advance.

StephenKay said:
Hi there,

Please can you help us. We are vacationing in Oct 05 at the Beach Club Villas, our friend Simon will be coming too. Simon is autistic and cannot do without his favourite yoghurt.

Please can you tell me if Walmart sells the following item, as thats where we shop in Kissimee.

Yoplait Smooth childrens yoghurt, they are called "Mega Pots" and come in 4 flavours and contain no bits, eg seeds.

Any info would be grateful, many thanks in advance.
I went to the Walmart website (www.walmart.com) and used their store search function to look up the Kissimmee stores. One of the zip codes for Kissimmee is 34741. When I put that in, it actually shows 3 stores with Kissimmee addresses. They are all Superstores, which means they have a larger grocery section than a regular Walmart.
The website doesn't list things like yogurt (probably because they would not ship it from a store to someone's home), but you could email them and ask if they have the yogurt in their Kissimmee stores. Or the store locator page tells the address and phone number for each store, so you could contact the store directly.
I don't know if this link will work, but they have a "Contact us" link on their webpage that leads to this page with information on how to email, call or mail Walmart:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=121268#email

Another place to try if Walmart doesn't carry the right type of yogurt is Target (www.target.com) . They are a big retailer in the US and many of their stores have a large grocery department.

Another potential place to try would be the yoplait website to ask what retailers in the Kissimmee area carry the product you are interested in. It's possible that the product is not available in the US (but they might have something similar) or it is available, but is called something else.

finding a package with the same "packaging"...here's what we did:

I knew that the cereal bars that our boys like so well, were going to look different in the box, but the cereal bar was the same. I just saved a couple of boxes from home, did a switcheroo;) and no problems.

Could you save a few yoghurt containers?

Also, check www.albertsons.com You can't do online shopping in Orlando, but creating a grocery list would enable you to see if the yoghurt, or similar was available. You could also try www.wegoshop.com

HTH!!

:sunny:

mbb said:
finding a package with the same "packaging"...here's what we did:

I knew that the cereal bars that our boys like so well, were going to look different in the box, but the cereal bar was the same. I just saved a couple of boxes from home, did a switcheroo;) and no problems.

Could you save a few yoghurt containers?
I thought of that too. (Great minds think alike) ;)
You do what you have to do.

SueM in MN said:
I thought of that too. (Great minds think alike) ;)
You do what you have to do.

...and fools seldom differ!!!!LOL, Sue!;);)

But you're right, you just do what you have to do..I thought that our first trip was going to be a french fries, 24/7 with a little peanut butter mixed in , trip;)

WDW works magic...
they tried chicken nuggets, chocolate chip cookies, funnel cakes, Mickey Bars, macaroni...can you tell they're carb addicted?

We were shocked at how much they wanted to try, and we indulged...of course, we had to do a picture story about how Mickey Bars are ONLY at WDW!LOL

Just as an FYI,

The Super Wal-Mart on Route 27 NORTH of 192 is the newest and easiest to get to.

Take 192 West to the end and get on 27 North, it's maybe two miles up the road on your right. You'll also go past a decent Publix on the way.

It's a traffic nightmare to get to the one in East Kissimmee on 192. Even if it's a mile or two closer, it's a much longer drive due to the traffic.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter