Walmart or super target???

TEXASPRINCESSES

Texasprincesses
Hello--

All you Disney experts out there can you please tell me if there is a convenient Supertarget or Walmart (with groceries) between the airport and Boardwalk villas or am I just better off going to the grocery store....We seem to hit a different grocery everytime we go and this time I'd like to get stuff for vero too so a walmart or target would be better but not if it is not really on the way as time is ticking for us to meet up with others..
Hope this makes sense....

There is a Walmart SuperCenter and a Target on route 482 (Sand Lake Drive). For Walmart do a Google Map for 8101 S John Young Pky, Orlando, FL 32819 and for Target 880 Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32809. I'm not sure if they are in the best location for you, but they are about 2 miles apart. The Target is further away from WDW, but I preferred it to the Walmart. However, when we went in 2005, Walmart had great prices for park tickets (about $30 cheaper per ticket from anywhere I've seen). Their phone number is (407) 354-5665 if you want to call and check it out.
Hope that helps!

We always take 417 from the airport because it has so much less traffic than the Beeline and I-4. SuperTarget is on the Orange Blossom Trail exit (to the left of 417 as you head to WDW). There is an unstaffed toll booth, so you will need to have exact change (I think 50¢).

I always go to the Super Target on Orange Blossom Trail on the way to WDW from the airport. We don't have Super Targets in Michigan, so I look on it as a special vacation treat (I know- I'm weird).

If you go there from the airport, take the 417 South (manned toll at Boggy Creek/airport ramp = $1) to exit 11, Orange Blossom Trail (SR 441). The toll to exit at 11 is, indeed, 50 cents. There's no toll to re-enter, but you will have to pay a toll at a manned toll booth to exit for Disney. Turn right onto Orange Blossom Trail and travel about a quarter mile. The Super Target is on the right. When you leave Super Target, it's easier to exit from the side driveway on Town Center Drive. There's a light at that intersection. If you try to exit from the OBT driveway, you'll have to make a U-turn at that light anyway. Go under the 417 overpass to turn left and enter 417 South again. (Don't do what I did and turn too soon- it costs $1.25 to turn around on the 417 North! :rolleyes: ) Take the International Drive/SR 536 exit and pay the manned booth $1. The road you're actually on is World Center Drive, which turns into Epcot Center Dr once you pass through those pretty purple gates!

The tolls are a lot of hassle, but that area is just riddled with toll roads. I just try to remember that $2.50 is the cost of two small bottles of water in the theme parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter