Walnut & Magic Way to Esplanade - Options?

Dr. G

Disney Addict, Not Recovering
Hi! We've always stayed on Harbor but our next trip we are trying a condo that is basically near the intersection of Walnut and Magic Way. Trying to figure out the best way to get to the Esplanade. Is this correct: Walking we just take Magic Way by Mickey & Friends to either Disneyland Hotel road or Downtown Drive then walk to near the Disneyland Hotel then into security into Downtown Disney and walk to the Esplanade. Is it that easy?

Does it make any sense to take the Tram instead, if that is even possible? Would it save the feet in any substantial way? Can we even get into the Mickey & Friends parking area at all from Magic Way? Google Earth looks like the entrances to the Parking structure and Tram are blocked by fences/gates.

Thanks for any help. :)

Looks like I stumped the internet. :) I've confirmed we can walk all the way to the Downtown Disney security entrance by the DL Hotel. And the monorail into the park looks like an option for us too. So we'll just experiment with the tram option if needed but will assume for now there's no way to get into the tram area if you don't arrive by car into the parking structure, and we'll plan accordingly.

You can definitely get into the parking structure from Magic Way. There are stairs/elevator close to the walkway over Magic Way to DtD from the Pixar Pals garage. Heading north from that area into the structure will take you to the trams if you decide not to use DLH/DtD security and walk through DtD or take the monorail.

We stay at the Holiday Inn beck there and know that walk well. Easy peasy...Magic Way then turn right at the pedestrian walkway which will dump you into DTD right where ESPN Zone used to be. No need to cut through the DLH parking lot and to get on a tram is more of a backtrack into the garages. While it may save just a few steps, it is always quicker just to walk though DTD to the gates.

There is no way to cut through any of the parking structures from Walnut...Magic Way is the only access.

We stay at the Holiday Inn beck there and know that walk well. Easy peasy...Magic Way then turn right at the pedestrian walkway which will dump you into DTD right where ESPN Zone used to be. No need to cut through the DH parking lot and to get on a tram is more of a backtrack into the garages. While it may save just a few steps, it is always quicker just to walk though DTD to the gates.
About how long do you think it takes? I'm avoiding Harbor in future and want to find other walkable hotels for when I can't stay on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter