Walt Disney studios, Seaworld & Warner bros studios Big bang theory taping!

Disneydreamsdancer

Mouseketeer
Have had this posted in the Disneyland trip report for a while but as 2 of our trip days concerned the rest of the area, thought I would post those days over here too. :) We took a 6 day trip to California on our way back from London, went to Seaworld and were lucky enough (thanks to a very dear friend) to visit the Walt Disney Studios and a taping of The Big Bang Theory, here are those days, enjoy :goodvibes

Saturday January 21st
The jetlag woke me up at 4.17am! Its funny it doesn’t matter what country i’m in, I always wake up at 4am! I managed to sleep till 6am but couldn’t last any longer so got up and had a light breakfast in the minimart of the hotel. I was really impressed with this place, it gave us everything we needed fro snacks and breakfast and at a great price! Sadly one look out the window and we saw this

tr7.jpg

Rain! At this point I was glad we were not hitting the parks today!

We were picked up by Grayline at 8.25am out the front of the hotel on Harbor, they then took us to their depot where you board the specific bus that is going on your tour.

tr8.jpg

We boarded the bus for Seaworld and at 9.15am were off! We had a great tour guide who pointed out different stars homes and sights on the trip down the 5 to San Diego. I found this drive really interesting being from overseas! The rain unfortunately got worse till it was a whiteout on the road, this atleast meant we had clear traffic all the way down and got to seaworld in an hour and 15 minutes. We were given stickers which got us into the park and grabbed a map. The park was literally empty with the rain and we headed for the undercover aquarium, where we met this fellow

tr9.jpg

This fish was HUGE!!! I fell in love with him though, for some reason i’ve always loved the Ocean and the animals in it, they interested me a lot as a child so this place was brilliant for me. We then went to see the Shamu show. I’ve never seen an Orca and I thought this show was amazing! Seaworld really is about the shows, you have to see them all, they really make the day! We then went to the Oneworld dolphin show, which was full of action, divers, birds so much! Sorry no photos here, I was too busy filming with the camcorder and not enough hands to do both!

tr10.jpg

Next up was the sealions, these guys were such a laugh! They were real posers and made the most hilarious noises!

tr11.jpg

Finally we went on the skytower ride which offered the most gorgeous views, especially as the sun was setting.

tr12.jpg

We had a lovely day, the only criticism was that on such a quiet day 8 hours in the park was a little too much for what there was to do, we found ourselves sitting a lot to just fill the time, but at least got to see everything!

Tuesday January 24th

Today is my birthday!!! We spent the day away from the parks so hope it’s ok to post this here, i’ll kepp it short!
My friend met us at 10am outside the hotel and we headed first over to companyD. Sadly when we got there there was a sign on the gate which said it was not open on Tuesdays. I was disappointed but did not mind. My friend was very apologetic, he didn’t know that, having never visited the store on a Tuesday before, he promised to take me when I come back for my next trip so we headed off to Hollywood!
We parked in the multi-storey by the Graumans Chinese Theatre and had the customary photos by the sign, unfortunately due to being able to take cameras into the shooting we were going to later I left my camera behind so only had my itouch which is bad quality. The white shiny blur behind us is the sign!
tr56.jpg

tr57.jpg

tr58.jpg

Next we headed out to the street and walked around looking at the hand and foot prints and the stars. One of my dancing idols
tr60.jpg

And the legend himself
tr61.jpg

And my favourite actor ever
tr62.jpg

We had a look around the Disney’s soda fountain and store, they had some great pins on sale, I got some of the squashed pennies and we had a Mickey waffle and vanilla coke for a birthday lunch treat!
tr63.jpg

My castmember friend then told me his birthday surprise for me, he was going to take us to the Walt Disney studios and show us around! I was so excited I couldn’t quite believe I was going to get to see the studios! We drove over there and parked in this parking structure
tr64.jpg

I walked around snapping pics of everything! I could not believe walking around the stages that this is where the beautiful Disney films i’ve watched all my life and loved were made.
tr65.jpg

This sign was gorgeous, the little Disney touches everywhere were great
tr66.jpg

We had lunch in the staff cafeteria. I was shocked at how cheap everything in here was! The three of us ate lunch for under $15. I got a free castmember magazine and we continued on our tour.
tr67.jpg

tr68.jpg

tr69.jpg

tr70.jpg

tr71.jpg

tr72.jpg

tr73.jpg

Lastly we visted the cast store. They had the usual Disney merchandise that you would expect in the Disneystore and a stand or two of Studio and company merchandise. I debated for ages but got a portfolio
tr74.jpg

And a company luggage tag and ID clip for my work keys, I know the kids at school will love that!
tr75.jpg

A castmember from the store approached me with a Disney store birthday badge with my name on, so now I have two birthday badges from Disney!

It was then time to head over to Warner Bros for our filming of the Big Bang Theory. We had guaranteed tickets and got there about 4.30pm. Our tickets were checked and we joined the guaranteed queue. We were then given a handstamp once our ID was checked and walked onto the lot and down to the stage. We were security checked twice before entering the studio and being seated. For those of you that know the show we were seated directly in front of the stairwell between Penny and the boys apartments. We had a great view! We got to watch the first edit of the episode they had filmed the previous week on some big screens then they began shooting our episode. All scenes were filmed 2 to 3 times. The MC kept us all entertained. He gave out candy and signed photos if people came up to entertain everyone. He had anyone from outside of the country come up and sing for everyone. I did and sang the New Zealand national anthem, I got a signed photo, I was so pleased! He asked about my Disney birthday badges and I told everyone how great Disneyland was!
tr76.jpg

The shoot took a long time, we were fed pizza and got out of the studio at about 10.30pm . We drove back to Anaheim and my friend gave me some more castmember things as birthday gifts.
tr77.jpg

tr78.jpg

tr79.jpg

It was quite literally the BEST birthday I’ve ever had.

v. jealous u got to go to Disney Studios AND see a taping of Big Bang...my fave show, where did u get ur guaranteed tickets from??

v. jealous u got to go to Disney Studios AND see a taping of Big Bang...my fave show, where did u get ur guaranteed tickets from??

I got the tickets from Audiences unlimited. :) They first release a small number of guarenteed tickets then once they are gone they release a number of standby tickets, which are first come first served. I think we were lucky becuase in line we were stood next to a lovely couple from Canada who told us they had been trying for 2 years to get tickets and I got ours on the first try, guess it's just luck of the draw!

I got the tickets from Audiences unlimited. :) They first release a small number of guarenteed tickets then once they are gone they release a number of standby tickets, which are first come first served. I think we were lucky becuase in line we were stood next to a lovely couple from Canada who told us they had been trying for 2 years to get tickets and I got ours on the first try, guess it's just luck of the draw!

I'm going to say my prayers for tickets like you got for a taping of The Big Bang Theory! I'll keep checking back for our December 2013 trip. Weird, though. As of right now there are no tickets available for the next 2 months......I guess those tickets go really fast! :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!