Walt Disney Studios Tour

I can't remember the name of the two stores. One is called something like the company store and the other is something like an employee store. Which ever one is in the back is the one that is supposedly only open M-F. I thought we went there on our Saturday tour, but at the Wish event last month, they said it was only open M-F. Maybe that was just an easy thing to tell people.
The bigger store in the front is the Studio Store.

1000032349.jpg

The smaller one in the back you mentioned is the employee store. I think this one is only open M-F unless you're on the Saturday tour with D23. So you're probably right it's just easier to tell people M-F only.

1000032339.jpg

Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. I thought we went there on our tour. During the 100th Gala, it was closed. We peeked in the window and I saw a cool shirt with picture of the water tower. When we went back for the Wish event, I was disappointed that the store wasn't open.

That water tower shirt must have sold well to people on D23 tours because when I went to the Mickey's of Glendale shopping event last month, they had a spirit jersey and a bunch of new merchandise with the water tower on it.

1712191410015.png

Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't imagining things. I thought we went there on our tour. During the 100th Gala, it was closed. We peeked in the window and I saw a cool shirt with picture of the water tower. When we went back for the Wish event, I was disappointed that the store wasn't open.

That water tower shirt must have sold well to people on D23 tours because when I went to the Mickey's of Glendale shopping event last month, they had a spirit jersey and a bunch of new merchandise with the water tower on it.

View attachment 848032
Oh wow...there wasn't any water tower merch in February! We would have bought some of those. During our tour pretty much all D23 specific merch were half off, and some 100th anniversary merch were also 50% off.
That shopping event was sold out fast! Glad you were able to go!

I don’t know if I would bank on getting a tour in August around D23. A few years ago I redeemed a Studio tour through the movie rewards program and wanted to do it at the same time I was going out for D23 Expo but they told me they shut down tours around Expo as they needed everyone to get ready for Expo. I don’t know if that will be the case but just be prepared for it I guess.

I recently did the tour again, this time booked through D23 and it was great. I went on a Saturday and the Studio store and employee store were open for us.

This is the Lucasfilm entry. I know it's not that interesting, but I didn't want to get myself or the guide in trouble. The guide did say this was ok. Note that the main location of Lucasfilm is in San Fransciso. The person in the pic was the employee that the guide started up a conversation with.

Attachments

• 20240328_155240.jpg
    20240328_155240.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter