Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
Hi!

Has anyone came across any info for this yet? We go every February and was hoping to be there for some of events for the year of the 50th anniversary. its hard to find any info on this...i know we are far out but just curious.

thanks!

Hi!

Has anyone came across any info for this yet? We go every February and was hoping to be there for some of events for the year of the 50th anniversary. its hard to find any info on this...i know we are far out but just curious.

thanks!
Nothing yet. They won’t announce much until we get closer.

I've also been trying to find out some information about this. I'm planning a 2021 trip and can't decide which month to go. Hopefully it will be a full year of celebrations 🤞

I imagine we'll get a lot of info at D23 later this month, since it's the last convention before the year of the anniversary. I've seen speculation that the celebration will begin in May of 2021 and run through the holiday season, but that seems more in line with Disneyland's celebrations than Disney World's. I'm hoping to go for my birthday in March of 2021, but realize I may have to push it until later in the year to actually enjoy some of the celebrations.

I imagine we'll get a lot of info at D23 later this month, since it's the last convention before the year of the anniversary. I've seen speculation that the celebration will begin in May of 2021 and run through the holiday season, but that seems more in line with Disneyland's celebrations than Disney World's. I'm hoping to go for my birthday in March of 2021, but realize I may have to push it until later in the year to actually enjoy some of the celebrations.
I hope we find out around the expo....that would be great for planning purposes!

I would think it would be October 1st 2021 (actually 50th) till October or December 31st 2022 as that would fall in line with other anniversary events

Then again Mickey’s 90th at WDW was Jan 2019 (a few months after actual birthday) till September 2019

I would think it would be October 1st 2021 (actually 50th) till October or December 31st 2022 as that would fall in line with other anniversary events

Then again Mickey’s 90th at WDW was Jan 2019 (a few months after actual birthday) till September 2019
Its expected the anniversary celebration will begin Summer 2021 and run into 2022. Very similar to how Disneyland does their anniversaries.

Hoping it starts October 2020 as I am going for my 50th birthday 🎂 .. too soon? Wearing 50th merch when I am 50 would be cool...cant delay another year :rolleyes1

Its expected the anniversary celebration will begin Summer 2021 and run into 2022. Very similar to how Disneyland does their anniversaries.
I hope you are right as my fiance is a teacher and will have a hard time going in October. We will be going in the Summer of 21 and I hope the celebration is on!!

I remember going in summer 2002 and I'm pretty sure they were still celebrating the 30th anniversary...oh god I just realized how long ago that was.

I remember going in summer 2002 and I'm pretty sure they were still celebrating the 30th anniversary...oh god I just realized how long ago that was.
I believe that was the 100 years of Magic celebration. That’s when we got the hat at DHS.

We are planning a trip for summer 2021 and we are hoping to catch some of the celebration too!

We're planning on going October 2021 which was just a coincidence as we want to do Halloween horror Nights (I've encouraged my soon to be husband that we have a to go to not so scary too.) I was there the year of a million dreams and we got unlimited fast passes as we came off of tower of terror so fingers crossed for other treats like that!

We're planning on going October 2021 which was just a coincidence as we want to do Halloween horror Nights (I've encouraged my soon to be husband that we have a to go to not so scary too.) I was there the year of a million dreams and we got unlimited fast passes as we came off of tower of terror so fingers crossed for other treats like that!
That's awesome! Also MNSSHP is amazing. We have gone two years in a row now and only missing it this year because we have our wedding coming up in November

That's awesome! Also MNSSHP is amazing. We have gone two years in a row now and only missing it this year because we have our wedding coming up in November
Haha were the same getting married next year so Disney had to have a wee pause. We were in Tokyo sea last year. It was amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!