Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary & New Park Reservation Guidelines

smcilwain

Earning My Ears
With the new announcement of the park reservation extending to 2021, what are the thoughts on how this will impact guests who want to book for October 2021?

With the new announcement of the park reservation extending to 2021, what are the thoughts on how this will impact guests who want to book for October 2021?

Well the announcement only puts "reservations" to September 26, 2021.

True! But do you think they will do away with it at that point. I highly doubt it...but I don't see them wanting to limit capacity too much as this is supposed to be one of their biggest events!

True! But do you think they will do away with it at that point. I highly doubt it...but I don't see them wanting to limit capacity too much as this is supposed to be one of their biggest events!

I'm going to put on my "not a virologist/epidemiologist" hat and hazard a guess they are hoping by that point in time, which will be almost 2 years since the virus appeared, there will either be a) a functional vaccine and/or B) it will die out.
Or that's just the end date of their fiscal year and it's an easy date to use.

But nobody has a crystal ball

That is also a good point. Does anyone know if park tickets will be available to purchase past September 26 2021 when they go back on sale?

I fear you opened this thread WAAAAAAAAAY in advance.
We are barely getting info on how we'll do things this year :)
This is one of those stay tuned sort of situations

I would also agree, but I am interested in peoples thoughts around this. If they are putting policies in place up until September 28, 2021, it is not as far out as it appears!

There is no reason to assume the parks will be running at full by September of next year, and there is absolutely no reason to assume that there will be any special events planned for it. The closest you can expect to a 50th anniversary celebration is "table service is open."

Disney is going to be running on reduced revenue for almost two years. The 50th is lost. Try again in 8 years for Mickey's 100th.

There will be two other celebrations before Mickey's 100th. We have America's 250th and Star Wars 50th just before.

Hard to know. For the bicentennial in 1976 WDW had a special parade from June to September. We can hope that they do better in 2026. Star Wars I am sure they will celebrate.

Celebrating America has a lot different meaning 50 years later. I don't know if Disney is interested in doing it, but I'm certainly not. 2026 is also Walt's 125th, that might be a better thing to have an event for.

But at any rate, if you were hoping for special entertainment, you now have to wait at least 5 more years.

Can anyone point me into the direction of whatever this announcement was? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts