Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by rteetz, Oct 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Marionnette

Marionnette Children see magic because they look for it

A 7-day hopper for early April went up $32 so I grabbed an e-ticket from UT that was sitting in my cart. I have an AP that is good until next October but my daughter needed a ticket.

2. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

My 8 day park hopper for November 2019 went up $60.31.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

DVC AP Gold, UP $21.30 per adult including ta...REALLY?:( Didn't have a choice, purchased a 4 day park hopper 60 days ago, intended to upgrade during our Oct trip. Once the news broke about the pricing structure change, I would have upgraded to the AP, but couldn't, since it has to be done in person. >:( Many "predicted" that AP would not change, well here it is!:P 4 day park hopper pass increased by $15.01 per adult, If there is a "silver" lining,:laughing::scratchin to the DVC AP Gold increase, guess at least I should be glad that I "saved" here on our 4 day hopper, 2 of us, $30.02.:goodvibes

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    cmarsh31 likes this.
  5. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

No change in Canadian prices so bonus for us!

However regular price is up to $1712 for 4 days for June arrival. About $120 ($30 pp). I will say not nearly as bad as I thought.

For the absolute lowest times, tickets dropped $30 (about $8 pp). I didn't price the flexible use option .

System is actually very easy to use.

ErinBoBerin and MommaBerd like this.
  6. ozliz

ozliz Mouseketeer

I’m in the same situation. I tried asking to upgrade noting the upcoming changes and my intention to upgrade and pleading with them that I needed to be able to budget, especially given that my currency had been falling dramatically this year. The answer was simply no. I’m now looking at about $50 extra but who knows how they will calculate it and whether they take the value of the ticket at time it was purchased or value of the ticket had I purchased it now (it’s an undercover tourist park hopper). Very disappointed as that’s about $70AU extra that I hadn’t budgeted and couldn’t predict.

7. Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL Idn't know I was supposed to be lookin for him sir

I like that the Flexible Date option is on a sliding scale. This really softens the blow for those looking for more flexibility with choosing their dates. It also offers a cheap option for cruise passengers that like to visit both pre and post cruise.

I have to say, I was expecting much worse with regard to increasing prices. This really isn’t too bad in my opinion. Now, if they only offered a “no expiration” option for tickets other than AP certificates they’d be onto something! The junk drawer in my kitchen would be stuffed with forever stamps AND Disney tickets!

AngiTN, scrappinginontario and runwad like this.
  8. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

I can't get the site to pull up ticket prices. Any suggestions?

AnnaKat likes this.
  9. samsonjs

samsonjs Mouseketeer

I checked to see the price of one adult ticket for my 7 days in May. It went down $20 after tax on the disney site ($463 vs $443). But I purchased our tickets from Undercover Tourist so they were discounted. I will probably not check their site when they release their discounted prices because I will be sad if I prepurchased and the price actually went down. :(

10. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

Is it just me but I can only see platinum and platinum plus as options for annual passes now. I was wanting to purchase the gold annual passes.

11. runwad

runwad Dis Veteran

But man did you see the price of a one day ticket!!

Not too many people will be just stopping in for one day!

mshanson3121 likes this.
  12. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

I didn’t see that. The highest I saw for a 1-day was $129?

13. jarestel

jarestel DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

$184 (before tax) is for a one day with park hopper option added. The base ticket maximum appears to be $129 before tax.

14. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

Also, it looks like it is still a significant price break per day going from 4 to 5 days - $15.

15. Vertical

Vertical Mouseketeer

I purchased tickets prior to the change. It would have cost me only an extra $4 a ticket for a 6 day hopper pass, but at least I have flexibility with my dates. That flexibility fee is steep.

ashmac8 and TheMaxRebo like this.
  16. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

There seems to be more variability in price per day with the 2 and 3 day tickets.

MommaBerd likes this.
  17. dlavender

dlavender DIS Veteran

Not as bad as I thought.

Once you remove the flexible option, MK is about a 5% increase and the others are about 10%?

18. BorderTenny

BorderTenny Mouseketeer

Looks like the 5-day hoppers for my February trip are about $7 cheaper apiece. Does anyone know if it's possible to call and have them apply this cheaper price to my package?

19. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

And I noticed that the cost difference between peak and value prices are only $5 for 7- and 8-day passes, and increases in difference with the fewer number of days you purchase. I wish I had time to do the nerdy math on this, but I’m sure SOMEONE will! :D

MinnieWebster and 10CJ like this.
  20. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

Can someone link the pricing? I can't pull it up for some reason. It just doesn't load anything

21. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

You can always try. You may want to make sure the *entire* package is cheaper, though.