Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

Does anyone know what the Disney price of a 10-day park hopper was (with tax) before the changeover?
$554 if my notes are correct.

ETA: Now they are $546 on the low days and $619 on the most expensive days of December.

Last edited:

I was just able to price out a "gift of magic package" which came to the exact same total of our booked "Kid's sized gift of magic" package I booked last week, but when I tried to price it out as the kid's size package I got the "enhancements are coming" red message. Possibly they are updating the different packaging information one at a time for these packages as we speak? I will keep checking it throughout the day because when I originally booked our package the "kid's sized" version was less expensive than the standard "Gift of Magic". Just some info for those with questions about packages!

****UPDATE 11:20am-Was able to get into the packages and play around. The packages I was pricing last week went UP (Feb 10-15) even when I priced the last week of Jan which is usually the cheapest option (Marathon maybe?) The Kid's Sized package and the regular Gift of Magic Package are the exact same price. I'll keep watching it just in case adjustments are still being made, but we're keeping our original booking dates and package price.

Last edited:
@rteetz
Is it possible to start some questions that can be added to the FAQ page, but don't have answers yet?
Some important things that maybe someone can get answers to

How will length of ticket valid use period and resort stay work with concurrent split stays? And non-concurrent ones?
Will it still be possible to activate package tickets prior to check in/arrival?
Will tickets purchased separately still be valid use period for length of stay (same as packages)?

@rteetz
Is it possible to start some questions that can be added to the FAQ page, but don't have answers yet?
Some important things that maybe someone can get answers to

How will length of ticket valid use period and resort stay work with concurrent split stays? And non-concurrent ones?
Will it still be possible to activate package tickets prior to check in/arrival?
Will tickets purchased separately still be valid use period for length of stay (same as packages)?
Yes, we can. I will put any questions we currently don't have answers to on the bottom of the FAQ post.

I was just going to ask some of the same questions as ANgieTN just mentioned. I posted on the other thread, but wanted to be sure.

With non package stays, are tickets still good for the length of your resort stay? I know I've been told yes by people here on the Dis, but don't see it on the first page here under the official info gathered. It only mentions packages, not room only.

Then, a related question, what about split stays? 4 nights/4 nights, and you buy a 4 day ticket. Do you have 7 days to use them, or can you use them through both stays? That makes a big difference, if you only have 7 days you can't use them at the beginning and end of the stay, since they will have expired by then, but you are onsite the entire time.

I was just going to ask some of the same questions as ANgieTN just mentioned. I posted on the other thread, but wanted to be sure.

With non package stays, are tickets still good for the length of your resort stay? I know I've been told yes by people here on the Dis, but don't see it on the first page here under the official info gathered. It only mentions packages, not room only.

Then, a related question, what about split stays? 4 nights/4 nights, and you buy a 4 day ticket. Do you have 7 days to use them, or can you use them through both stays? That makes a big difference, if you only have 7 days you can't use them at the beginning and end of the stay, since they will have expired by then, but you are onsite the entire time.
We won’t know Split Stay answers until a poster with a Split Stay and new tickets without the “Flexible Option” books FPs.

Asking a CM won’t help because the majority don’t comprehend Split Stay Windows. And, this question won’t be answered for awhile because most DISers purchased tickets prior to the restructuring.

The safest bet for a Split Stay is to purchase the Flexible Option if you don’t have the old MYW tickets linked to your account.

We won’t know Split Stay answers until a poster with a Split Stay and new tickets without the “Flexible Option” books FPs.

Asking a CM won’t help because the majority don’t comprehend Split Stay Windows. And, this question won’t be answered for awhile because most DISers purchased tickets prior to the restructuring.

The safest bet for a Split Stay is to purchase the Flexible Option if you don’t have the old MYW tickets linked to your account.

It won't apply to us until out APs expire, but I'm going to be waiting to see what the answer is. I agree it's going to be awhile, since most people here bought tickets ahead of time for trips through at least 2019, and most people get tickets to cover most of their days. But I still think it's a scenario that will come to play for enough people it would be beneficial to know. I am also assuming/thinking that it won't be able to be automatic with a split stay, and might be a headache to get corrected/working right if it does turn out that you can use them throughout both or all stays that are contiguous. It might happen more often that people have multiple continuing reservations at the same resort due to booking/availability issues - I've seen that scenario play out quite a bit.

The one place there MAY be a way to get an answer, DSS.
Folks working at DSS could be able to provide an answer if anyone staying CL asks. Since CL can make the FP, it's feasible to ask them, explaining that you are thinking of adding a day at the start of your stay, or something like that. We have a CL stay and I'd do it but we have AP and it doesn't make sense that we would ask about ticket activations/valid use, they'd just point out with our AP it wouldn't apply.

It's up for me now!

Still not up for me yet. I even called the number and the CM said it's not up for her yet either, lol.

I found out about all this yesterday as I was getting the itch to go to DW again. I came to the DIS boards and started reading through the other thread and my head started to hurt. Last time we went was Spring Break 2017 and I was thinking of doing a Summer 2019 trip. I was just toying with the idea and now not sure what to do. We did a relaxing week stay at US Summer 2017 for the first time and it was such an easy trip to plan. My teenage DD saw WWOHP and was in tears. I still love DW better myself but these changes do make it harder to keep costs down when you're tied to a school schedule.

A7DEAF2A-86B5-4750-9E39-8627590451A4.png Here’s my question. The idea is that more popular days will be a higher price correct?? Like holidays and during sports events.

I’ve checked on WWOS and there is nothing actually happening during our stay. There are cheer competitions the weekend before and some other competitions the start Saturday after we leave and President’s is the following Monday. But nothing should be going on during our stay.

The Monday through Friday we are there are now, with the change, the highest priced days of the entire month(February).

Should we plan for high crowds, since it’s my understanding that the more expensive the day the busier Disney thinks it will be??

We’ve already purchased our tickets before the change and booked through David’s dvc rental, so it is what it is and we can’t change our current plans. I just want to make sure I fully understand it all, as well as be prepared for anything.

Do we have any idea how it will work if a guest wants to add another park day AFTER their trip actually starts? The modification option says that changes have to be made before the start date, right? I'm sure Disney isn't going to turn down their money and tell them they can't do that, but will they pay an extra day at the rate of their original ticket, or will it the full single day ticket price (ouch) or something else entirely?

View attachment 358816 Here’s my question. The idea is that more popular days will be a higher price correct?? Like holidays and during sports events.

I’ve checked on WWOS and there is nothing actually happening during our stay. There are cheer competitions the weekend before and some other competitions the start Saturday after we leave and President’s is the following Monday. But nothing should be going on during our stay.

The Monday through Friday we are there are now, with the change, the highest priced days of the entire month(February).

Should we plan for high crowds, since it’s my understanding that the more expensive the day the busier Disney thinks it will be??

We’ve already purchased our tickets before the change and booked through David’s dvc rental, so it is what it is and we can’t change our current plans. I just want to make sure I fully understand it all, as well as be prepared for anything.
Is it possible there is a school break in FL during that time? I’m guessing Disney has data that the week you are going will be higher crowds which is why they are pricing it higher. I wouldn’t expect crazy crowds but it seems higher than the base.

Do we have any idea how it will work if a guest wants to add another park day AFTER their trip actually starts? The modification option says that changes have to be made before the start date, right? I'm sure Disney isn't going to turn down their money and tell them they can't do that, but will they pay an extra day at the rate of their original ticket, or will it the full single day ticket price (ouch) or something else entirely?
You have to go to guest services or concierge at the hotel like before to add on a day. While we don’t have definite answer my guess is it would be the same price to add another day as it would be before the start of your trip.

It’ll be a regular ticket upgrade to add a day at a ticket window.

Still not up for me yet. I even called the number and the CM said it's not up for her yet either, lol.
That makes no sense. Sounds like you got a hold of a CM working remotely and is rather clueless on how to do their job (scary, huh?)
You probably have some sort of cookie issue, if you are seeing the old site. Because the new info is up, both on the app and the website. It's a matter of getting rid of the old data stored on your PC/Phone.
So try a browser you never use, clear all cookies with Disney in the name or open a private browsing window.
If it's the app, close it and reopen it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter