Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

That’s not really any different than booking a throwaway room right now.
Currently that would work as long as you have valid ticket media associated with your account. Moving forward ticket media will have some sort of start timeframe right? I'm wondering if the new system will continue to use hotel stay + ticket or hotel stay + ticket within a certain timeframe to calculate FP dates.

I'd love to see one of the saved posts simply do the math and give a general breakdown of the prices:

Like --
Cheapest daily ticket is $X on Y days of the year.
Most expensive daily ticket is $X on Y days of the year.

What the new average price is .. etc. (the most common price on the most number of days of the year).

I wonder if this new pricing structure will basically give us a HUGE hint when Star Wars Galaxy Edge will open. Or will they simply just elevate all the prices from Thanksgiving on in anticipation?

Odds are this first year won't really matter as a lot of guests may have already booked their 2019 trips (with tickets) .. so the actual prices may not matter besides giving us a baseline for 2020 and beyond.

I priced out tickets for myself yesterday, both full price and Canadian resident price, so that I can compare the difference. Due to my husband's work, the only time we can travel is during the busy summer season, so it will be interesting to see the difference.

As of current pricing, 4 day base pass for the four of us (3 x 10+ and 1 x child), is $1597.50 with tax, at full price. Or $1332.32 with the Canadian resident discount. Let's see what it is in about 12 hours assuming a June/July vacation.

All of the speculative questions have been posted in this thread:
New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

which will be open for reference and for more speculation until confirmed facts are added to this thread.

This new thread is for posting facts beginning tomorrow. Pertinent info will be added to the first posts and @Robo will be updating the Ticket Sticky as facts become known.

Closing this thread for a bit while Mods confer.

Reopening for posting info and questions on New Ticket purchasing and news on old tickets for sale through ticket resellers.

FP questions will be redirected here:
FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

Posts regarding AP pricing can be found here/redirected here:
AP Pricing Concerns

Totally off-topic posts, such as marital discourse because you or your SO waited too long to make a decision, will be deleted or moved to one of the many upcharge threads so that @GADisneyDad14 doesn’t feel left out. ;)

Other than that, feel free to refer back to:
New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th as confirmed info was offered by many TAs, Disney experts, and bloggers.

And as always, :thanks:to @Robo and @ravenclawtrekkie for being the experts involved with the accurate info presented in the Ticket Sticky!

Reopening for posting info and questions on New Ticket purchasing and news on old tickets for sale through ticket resellers.

FP questions will be redirected here:
FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions

Posts regarding AP pricing can be found here/redirected here:
AP Pricing Concerns

Totally off-topic posts, such as marital discourse because you or your SO waited too long to make a decision, will be deleted or moved to one of the many upcharge threads so that @GADisneyDad14 doesn’t feel left out. ;)

Other than that, feel free to refer back to:
New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th as confirmed info was offered by many TAs, Disney experts, and bloggers.

And as always, :thanks:to @Robo and @ravenclawtrekkie for being the experts involved with the accurate info presented in the Ticket Sticky!
And thank you @hiroMYhero and the other TPAS mods for letting me create threads like this!

It looks like the price increase on a platinum annual pass is 47.92. I had 4 in my cart totaling $3616.76 and refreshed to get a new total of $3808.44
I am getting that same increased priced when I search as well

Ticket prices are available for next 14 months so until Dec 16, 2019. I cannot see where prices hint to SW:GE opening.

Updated: Appears to follow 4 prices (my names, just getting info out): Basic $109, Value $114, Regular $122 and Peak $129 (before tax) for 1 day tickets.

As of 6:59am booking resort packages does not seem to be available yet.

Last edited:
the flexible date option is interesting. Looks like a steep fee (about 58 a person) to preserve flexibility to the end of the calendar year. Price jumps don't seem too awful for my dates (mid August) but I am glad I bought in advance and didn't have to decide whether or not to pay for the flexibility option that is baked in on my UT tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!