Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

A 7-day hopper for early April went up $32 so I grabbed an e-ticket from UT that was sitting in my cart. I have an AP that is good until next October but my daughter needed a ticket.

DVC AP Gold, UP $21.30 per adult including ta...REALLY?:( Didn't have a choice, purchased a 4 day park hopper 60 days ago, intended to upgrade during our Oct trip. Once the news broke about the pricing structure change, I would have upgraded to the AP, but couldn't, since it has to be done in person. >:( Many "predicted" that AP would not change, well here it is!:P 4 day park hopper pass increased by $15.01 per adult, If there is a "silver" lining,:laughing::scratchin to the DVC AP Gold increase, guess at least I should be glad that I "saved" here on our 4 day hopper, 2 of us, $30.02.:goodvibes

Last edited:
I priced out tickets for myself yesterday, both full price and Canadian resident price, so that I can compare the difference. Due to my husband's work, the only time we can travel is during the busy summer season, so it will be interesting to see the difference.

As of current pricing, 4 day base pass for the four of us (3 x 10+ and 1 x child), is $1597.50 with tax, at full price. Or $1332.32 with the Canadian resident discount. Let's see what it is in about 12 hours assuming a June/July vacation.

No change in Canadian prices so bonus for us!

However regular price is up to $1712 for 4 days for June arrival. About $120 ($30 pp). I will say not nearly as bad as I thought.

For the absolute lowest times, tickets dropped $30 (about $8 pp). I didn't price the flexible use option .

System is actually very easy to use.

DVC AP Gold, UP $21.30 per adult including ta...REALLY?:( Didn't have a choice, purchased a 4 day park hopper 60 days ago, intended to upgrade during our Oct trip. Once the news broke about the pricing structure change, I would have upgraded to the AP, but couldn't, since it has to be done in person. >:( Many "predicted" that AP would not change, well here it is!:P 4 day park hopper pass increased by $15.01 per adult, If there is a "silver" lining,:laughing::scratchin to the DVC AP Gold increase, guess at least I should be glad that I "saved" here on our 4 day hopper, 2 of us, $30.02.:goodvibes

I’m in the same situation. I tried asking to upgrade noting the upcoming changes and my intention to upgrade and pleading with them that I needed to be able to budget, especially given that my currency had been falling dramatically this year. The answer was simply no. I’m now looking at about $50 extra but who knows how they will calculate it and whether they take the value of the ticket at time it was purchased or value of the ticket had I purchased it now (it’s an undercover tourist park hopper). Very disappointed as that’s about $70AU extra that I hadn’t budgeted and couldn’t predict.

I like that the Flexible Date option is on a sliding scale. This really softens the blow for those looking for more flexibility with choosing their dates. It also offers a cheap option for cruise passengers that like to visit both pre and post cruise.

I have to say, I was expecting much worse with regard to increasing prices. This really isn’t too bad in my opinion. Now, if they only offered a “no expiration” option for tickets other than AP certificates they’d be onto something! The junk drawer in my kitchen would be stuffed with forever stamps AND Disney tickets!

I checked to see the price of one adult ticket for my 7 days in May. It went down $20 after tax on the disney site ($463 vs $443). But I purchased our tickets from Undercover Tourist so they were discounted. I will probably not check their site when they release their discounted prices because I will be sad if I prepurchased and the price actually went down. :(

Is it just me but I can only see platinum and platinum plus as options for annual passes now. I was wanting to purchase the gold annual passes.

Also, it looks like it is still a significant price break per day going from 4 to 5 days - $15.

I purchased tickets prior to the change. It would have cost me only an extra $4 a ticket for a 6 day hopper pass, but at least I have flexibility with my dates. That flexibility fee is steep.

Looks like the 5-day hoppers for my February trip are about $7 cheaper apiece. Does anyone know if it's possible to call and have them apply this cheaper price to my package?

There seems to be more variability in price per day with the 2 and 3 day tickets.

And I noticed that the cost difference between peak and value prices are only $5 for 7- and 8-day passes, and increases in difference with the fewer number of days you purchase. I wish I had time to do the nerdy math on this, but I’m sure SOMEONE will! :D

Looks like the 5-day hoppers for my February trip are about $7 cheaper apiece. Does anyone know if it's possible to call and have them apply this cheaper price to my package?

You can always try. You may want to make sure the *entire* package is cheaper, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!