Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

View attachment 358765

I know! But here’s a screenshot...and I definitely selected ParkHopper

ETA: I just did it again and got the same as I did before...

:confused3 Here's a random thought . . .could they be offering pricing based on geographic location, or how often someone visits, or some other random, arbitrary thing we don't know about? I mean, when we log in, they have all our history, so I guess it's possible, but it's not something I would have expected. I can't think of any logical reason that two people would put in the same search criteria and come up with different prices.

:confused3 Here's a random thought . . .could they be offering pricing based on geographic location, or how often someone visits, or some other random, arbitrary thing we don't know about? I mean, when we log in, they have all our history, so I guess it's possible, but it's not something I would have expected. I can't think of any logical reason that two people would put in the same search criteria and come up with different prices.

No, if you scroll down, you’ll see that I didn’t see that was the total before tax.

Platinum Pass Pricing

1 x Ages 10+ ($894.00/pass)
$894.00
Tax
$58.11
Subtotal
$952.11USD

1 x Ages 3-9 ($894.00/pass)
$894.00
Tax
$58.11
Subtotal
$952.11USD

It looks like the price increase on a platinum annual pass is 47.92. I had 4 in my cart totaling $3616.76 and refreshed to get a new total of $3808.44
Holy moly! Glad I bought mine last night. Can confirm I paid $849 about 8 hours ago.
Not shocking .. but that saved me about $150.

Two price increases in one year though .. this is getting crazy.

Someone above figured it out - the difference is with and without tax! When they give you that "total", you actually still have to scroll down and choose how many tickets you want to purchase, and then you get the complete total, with tax included. The way it was worded sounded like the complete total for me, and since I wasn't actually looking to buy I didn't scroll down further at that time.

Thank you everyone for your help in checking my December dates! I just bought from UT for the first time :scared: What happens now? Once I get the eTicket can I link it in MDE?

Thank you everyone for your help in checking my December dates! I just bought from UT for the first time :scared: What happens now? Once I get the eTicket can I link it in MDE?
Check your email. They will want to confirm your purchase, before the tickets are issued.
Once they receive your confirmation, the order will be processed, providing you with a ticket number that can be added to your MDE account. If you have a MagicBand, you will not need to do anything further. Otherwise, you need to print off the info and present it at a WDW ticket counter or Guest Relations to validate.

I wonder if they just have one set price for the “flexible” tickets and this it is a bigger gap to get there from the “value non-flex” than from the “peak non-flex”

That's possible. I also looked at 10-day tickets which was less to add the "Flexible" while that option costs more for 3-day tickets. So my guess is they have a set "high priced" ticket it varies to get to that point depending on what you have purchased. It's too early...I didn't try to do the math and figure it out!

must come before :teacher:

ETA: it really seems to be based on ticket price and not so much length, though length of ticket will (obviously) add to the ticket price. The higher the ticket price, the less it costs to add that "Flexible Option" and the lower the ticket price, the more that option costs.

I'm on my iPad and having trouble pulling up tix info as well. What link are you using to see the pricing?

We are going 11/2-11/11. Got 2 - 10 day hoppers from UCT a few months ago at $1011. I believe they were around $1080 through Disney at the time. Same tickets are $1148 through Disney now.

Ten days starting on Labor Day is $1105. So $43 more for two people to go during Jersey Week.

So seems like an average 5% increase of ticket prices? (again). Except this year they've increased prices twice... last time was 8 months ago.
In general though, it seems like the prices vary by only $5-10 .. going around Christmas day is only $9 more expensive than going at the beginning of December.

I bought my parents 4-day non-hopper tickets at the beginning of the year (before the Feb price change) for $713.90 (from UT).
Buying those tickets for the same time range (Nov. 11 - 16) of our trip (just in a month) would be: $847.58.

That is a significant increase in less than a year. $133 more -- 18% increase.

I have old tickets (5-day) that don't have an expiration that I got for $350, but didn't get one for my daughter (she didn't exist yet :)). It is distinctly possible that when we go back in 2020 or beyond that the single ticket we will need to buy for her will be near $500 (for a 5-day child ticket).

Word of advice -- don't tell your spouses that prices increase all the time and buy how much. Just give them the bottom line. They feel less "grumpy" when they don't know prices increase this much year to year :).

Most price increases in our society aren't as advertised as Disney's .. prices go up all the time at restaurants and such (or they keep the price the same but give less quantity). We just don't seem to track those "little" price changes as much (except maybe gasoline).

I’m in the same situation. I tried asking to upgrade noting the upcoming changes and my intention to upgrade and pleading with them that I needed to be able to budget, especially given that my currency had been falling dramatically this year. The answer was simply no. I’m now looking at about $50 extra but who knows how they will calculate it and whether they take the value of the ticket at time it was purchased or value of the ticket had I purchased it now (it’s an undercover tourist park hopper). Very disappointed as that’s about $70AU extra that I hadn’t budgeted and couldn’t predict.
I "feel" your frustration!

I need to upgrade my 4 year old’s Ticket to a Gold AP in 10 days. We had an UT ticket so I couldn’t upgrade ahead of time. Basically my savings is being eaten up now when I upgrade
I totally hear you...frustrating to say the least!:(

I'm on my iPad and having trouble pulling up tix info as well. What link are you using to see the pricing?
Go into the Disney world website, under tickets, it should come up, then enter number of tickets, type of ticket, and first day that you will need ticket, FIRST day that you will use ticket is the determining factor here.

So seems like an average 5% increase of ticket prices? (again). Except this year they've increased prices twice... last time was 8 months ago.
In general though, it seems like the prices vary by only $5-10 .. going around Christmas day is only $9 more expensive than going at the beginning of December.

I bought my parents 4-day non-hopper tickets at the beginning of the year (before the Feb price change) for $713.90 (from UT).
Buying those tickets for the same time range (Nov. 11 - 16) of our trip (just in a month) would be: $847.58.

That is a significant increase in less than a year. $133 more -- 18% increase.
Most price increases in our society aren't as advertised as Disney's .. prices go up all the time at restaurants and such (or they keep the price the same but give less quantity). We just don't seem to track those "little" price changes as much (except maybe gasoline).

The current rate of inflation is around 2%. Which means your average price of things at restaurants is going up 2% give or take a little. Not 18% in 1 year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!