Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

Thank you jerseygal for responding to my question. I can get the page that shows the base one day pricing options with the title "A Ticket for Every Kind of Visit" but when I click on the link below it that says "View All Ticket Options" it takes me to a page with a phone number that tells me to call WDW for assistance. I'm just wondering if the site is not quite working yet for mobile phones/iPads yet and you need to be on a laptop to see the pricing for now.

Ticket prices are available for next 14 months so until Dec 16, 2019. I cannot see where prices hint to SW:GE opening.

Updated: Appears to follow 4 prices (my names, just getting info out): Basic $109, Value $114, Regular $122 and Peak $129 (before tax) for 1 day tickets.

As of 6:59am booking resort packages does not seem to be available yet.
Thats the price range that was in that Forbes article I shared on the other ticket thread a week or two ago. I thought for sure it was too good to be true. Guess not.

Thank you jerseygal for responding to my question. I can get the page that shows the base one day pricing options with the title "A Ticket for Every Kind of Visit" but when I click on the link below it that says "View All Ticket Options" it takes me to a page with a phone number that tells me to call WDW for assistance. I'm just wondering if the site is not quite working yet for mobile phones/iPads yet and you need to be on a laptop to see the pricing for now.

not sure if this helps or not, but I was getting that too (and looked like things were not working right) - but then just waited (maybe a minute or 2?) and eventually the correct screen came up where I had to first pick the number of days I wanted and then the first date of my planned visit

So priced out what the tickets would be for our trip next year - we are planning to go next August for the planned DIS event and figured others might be thinking of that as well.

A 5 day with park hopper starting on August 7th came up to $519.72 with tax. ... I paid $458.33 from UT yesterday with their get a 5th day free on a 4 day pass - so like $61.39 savings or ~12%, so I'll take that!

I have added AP pricing increases, images, videos, and much more to the first page. In the FAQ section please let me know if there are more questions and answers you think I should include or if you have questions yet.

Does anyone have a clue when information about upgrading will be available? Or it just a wait and see approach?

I have 10-day park hoppers to upgrade on December 29. Jut wondering what value I’ll get for the tickets.

Does anyone have a clue when information about upgrading will be available? Or it just a wait and see approach?

I have 10-day park hoppers to upgrade on December 29. Jut wondering what value I’ll get for the tickets.
Upgrading should be available immediately. As for value I believe you get as least what you paid for.

If I have a previously purchased Magic Your Way Tickets tickets in my account (3 day hopper) and I decide I want to upgrade it to a 5 day hopper can I do that online now? Will that change it to this new type of ticket with date restrictions?

I haven't seen this posted yet, but in the fine print it says that the dates on non flexible tickets can be changed up to the day before the start date. Users changing to the higher price would have to pay the difference. Guests changing to a lower price will not be credited for what they overpaid. From the text of the notice it looks like you will also be allowed to add days to the ticket or make other options as long as they are more expensive. Here is the exact text:

"You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date, Dec 30, 2018. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices."

I believe this makes the "flexible option" a suckers buy unless you need the 14 day use window instead of the use window that comes by default with the number of days you are buying. The ability to change dates is included

I echo @scrappinginontario and thank you for setting this up - I am really intrigued to see how it plays out

I just think all the nuances related to specific trips will be interesting - and also what happens if you want to change, plans, etc. .... and obviously the scale of the increase and how much the most expensive varies from the "cheapest" - like will New Years or 4th of July be like double the price of a "value" day? Could we see a $200 day?

Lastly, also interested to see if we get an idea for when Galaxy's Edge will open as I figure there might be a jump for ticket prices at that point - and related if there will be any impact to Annual Passes such as a new tier for non-FL residents that includes blackouts for DHS when GE opens
No changes to AP types (but we knew at least this much from ravenclawtrekie)

DVC AP Gold, UP $21.30 per adult including ta...REALLY?:( Didn't have a choice, purchased a 4 day park hopper 60 days ago, intended to upgrade during our Oct trip. Once the news broke about the pricing structure change, I would have upgraded to the AP, but couldn't, since it has to be done in person. >:( Many "predicted" that AP would not change, well here it is!:P 4 day park hopper pass increased by $15.01 per adult, If there is a "silver" lining,:laughing::scratchin to the DVC AP Gold increase, guess at least I should be glad that I "saved" here on our 4 day hopper, 2 of us, $30.02.:goodvibes
The AP TYPES wouldn't change, there was no assumption one way or the other regarding price increases

$184 (before tax) is for a one day with park hopper option added. The base ticket maximum appears to be $129 before tax.

Looks like the 5-day hoppers for my February trip are about $7 cheaper apiece. Does anyone know if it's possible to call and have them apply this cheaper price to my package?
I'd say no because their fine print says if you change dates and the prices go down you won't get a refund. Besides that, you can always go in and rebook your package yourself

our October trips tickets increased 11% with the new pricing- if you take 10% across the board that’s a lot of $$$ Disney is getting
It's not 10% across the board. Most increases are less and some even dropped in price.

Does anyone know if UT (and other third-party sellers) will be discounting tickets under the new system?
They confirmed right after the price change announcement they will. They have known the prices, just couldn't discuss them.

It is mentioned on the website that you can still upgrade but you won't get a refund if you change to a cheaper day

I haven't seen this posted yet, but in the fine print it says that the dates on non flexible tickets can be changed up to the day before the start date. Users changing to the higher price would have to pay the difference. Guests changing to a lower price will not be credited for what they overpaid. From the text of the notice it looks like you will also be allowed to add days to the ticket or make other options as long as they are more expensive. Here is the exact text:

"You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date, Dec 30, 2018. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices."

I believe this makes the "flexible option" a suckers buy unless you need the 14 day use window instead of the use window that comes by default with the number of days you are buying. The ability to change dates is included
Also, if you are staying on site you won't need to worry about the 14 day use window since they will automatically be valid for your length of stay (based on knowledge we had at least, don't think that changed) and for those that didn't need them to be valid till 2019, this is a benefit as I think their making this an add on is what has made some tickets go down in cost.

Does anyone know what the Disney price of a 10-day park hopper was (with tax) before the changeover?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!