Walt Disney World October 2018: 2 kids at heart

HatboxGhoul

There's always room for one more...
Adventure is out there. I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before, a long time ago when I was very young. To live would be an awfully big adventure. To infinity and beyond. I know every mile will be worth my while. I will touch ride, I will fly chase the wind and I will touch the sky. Every adventure requires a first step.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

It's a lot of words to start and none of them have to do with the trip report so if you follow along be in for a lot of Disney references, quotes, random facts and hopefully some laughs.
This is my first trip report so please bear with me while I do the pre-trip report and then when in Walt Disney World do the trip report itself.

I should preface this with a little insight to the travelling party, I got to the end of writing everything and realised I didn't even mention once who we were. Travelling for this trip will be myself and girlfriend(Japs, its just her nickname), my 35th trip to WDW (48th trip to Disney-somewhere) and her 7th trip.

The plans laid out so far is: October 20-28, 2018. Head from home to DTW, see our TSA friends, hopefully not spend to much time with them and then fly from Detroit to Orlando and our usual 2:10 pm flight arriving into Orlando at 4:45 pm, collect ourselves and tram over, catch the Magical Express and enjoy that nice air conditioned motor coach ride to one of our homes at Bay Lake Tower. Spend the 20th to 24th at Bay Lake Tower, the specifics of each day aren't nailed down yet as we aren't able to actually book anything yet. Within the time at BLT there will be a pool day, a MK day, a day resort exploring and buying from the resort specific merchandise.
On the 24th switch over to Boardwalk Villas if we can(probably not as it's Food and Wine and its a non-home resort) but have both Old Key West and a second stint booked at BLT for the 24th to 28th. Fingers crossed we can get something at Boardwalk for the 24-28th though so we can stumble back to the room after drinking around the world showcase. Again specifics aren't nailed down yet but there will be an EPCOT day just for drinking and and EPCOT day for less drinking, maybe a couple trips on Test Track. We will have a day somewhere in the mix to experience what's new at Downtown Disney...sorry Disney Springs but sans Springs portion.

We'll be aiming for some really good ADR and right onto them at the 180 day booking window, going to try some places we haven't been to before and/or ones we haven't been to in a while. There will be of course some staples that we always go to because well I love me some Olivia's and Liberty Tree Tavern. Some of the list of newbies to meals are: Yachtsman Steakhouse, Trattoria al Forno, Hollywood and Vine, Sanaa, California Grill (this will be a very special meal I'm hoping anyways).

As things become bookable I'll be posting updates, and when we're in Disney I'll be doing daily updates. So if you have made it though all of this novel I hope what is on the horizon is worth it to all of you coming along for the adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter