Walt Disney World Scooters on busses update

We rode all 3 and I never noticed a different zone across the aisle from us. The blue seats seemed best because they blocked seats beside the plastic barriers. On one bus we were seated next to someone directly on the other side of the barrier. We were a party of 2 and every time the zone was at least 4 seats that we sat in - usually 2 seats on each side of aisle plus blocked seats most of the time

Thank you for confirmation.

I think the blue seat bus was better, too, with the zone #2 & the zone #3 seats for the two mobility spaces. At least with a partition, I can presume the next section is zone #3

I can't find any good photos of the orange seat bus. With no orange bus partitions, it is hard to tell in the photo. I see zone #2, but no Zone #3

The purple bus has partitions. Although I can't see the numbers it looks like there are zone #2 & #3 spaces on the right next to the ramp exit for mobility scooter guests.

Attachments

• 1599842033677.png
    1599842033677.png
    608.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just to clarify because I think the title of this thread is a little misleading - you can't take WDW scooters onto the buses. You have to have your own or an offsite rental one. WDW scooters stay at the park they were rented.

Thank you for confirmation.

I think the blue seat bus was better, too, with the zone #2 & the zone #3 seats for the two mobility spaces. At least with a partition, I can presume the next section is zone #3

View attachment 525284

I can't find any good photos of the orange seat bus. With no orange bus partitions, it is hard to tell in the photo. I see zone #2, but no Zone #3

View attachment 525291

The purple bus has partitions. Although I can't see the numbers it looks like there are zone #2 & #3 spaces on the right next to the ramp exit for mobility scooter guests.

View attachment 525289

on the orange bus I believe we sat in zone 3 and it was the seats that collapse for a wheelchair/scooter directly across from the back door.

Are ECVs still Loaded first? I understand ECVs wait in line along with other guests and no longer use the area designated for “handicapped” wouldn’t you then have to maneuver your ECV back over through waiting guests to ramp to access bus?

Are ECVs still Loaded first? I understand ECVs wait in line along with other guests and no longer use the area designated for “handicapped” wouldn’t you then have to maneuver your ECV back over through waiting guests to ramp to access bus?

I don't know for sure, but I read they were loading guests from rear to front of the bus.

And even though a mobility guest is in a longer, physically-distanced, bus queue line, a castmember may pull them out of the bus queue line and give them a #3 or #2 zone group number.

I've seen and read this about CR bus queue.

I guess they might do this to keep a bus from leaving without a mobility scooter.

And I've seen the PCR bus queue wrap around near the PCR front covered entrance. I haven't heard nor seen if any mobility guest went straight to the PCR separate, short mobility queue.

I would be too afraid to bypass the very long PCR guest wraparound queue line.

It is a lot different at CR bus area with no chain queue.

But I guess they would load the rear sections of the bus until they get to the bus side ramp door and then fold up the zone #3 seats to load the mobility scooter(s). And then load the rest of the front of the bus through the front bus door.

I wish someone would post their experiences.

Great photo.

The group zone seats labeled #8 on the orange bus seats used to be labeled as group zone seats labeled #8. But there is still the same number of available seats versus unavailable seats with no additional partitions in the new #8 zones. (4-available & 6-unavailable seats.)

Same with the seats in the back of the bus.

The group zone seats labeled #9 on the orange bus seats used to be labeled as group zone seats labeled #6. But there is still the same number of available seats versus unavailable seats with no additional partitions in the new #9. (4-available & 1-unavailable seats.)

There is one pair of seats out of the picture before going down the stairs. Since they didn't change the newer zone #8 (was #5) not allowing guests to sit across from each other, I wonder which zones were changed further to the front of the bus.

Here is one of the links with photos and descriptions showing what this orange bus seat bus looked like with 6-zones.

Post #416 & post #417-WDW Bus Six Group Zone Seating Areas for the bus with Orange Seats after Re-Opening during COVID-19 - PHOTOS - from a friend - October 1, 2020.

There are five different bus versions of the bus seats.

Blue bus seats
Orange bus seats
Purple bus seats with steps to the rear of the bus.
Purple bus seats with steps to the rear of the bus.
Articulating bus seats.

I'll try and take photos this December...God willing.

There has been a change in scooter capacity. They are only taking one scooter on the bus at a time.

Wow! I'm usually solo, and even when DH goes, he doesn't use a scooter. But I feel bad for those parties where 2 people use scooters, especially if it's a married couple.

I think they allow 2 scooters if part of same group... for social distancing.
I have even heard some people form a group and “say” they are together to get on the bus...

they allow 2 scooters if part of same group... for social distancing.
This was policy since WDW re-opened. A couple of weeks ago I heard they were going to accept 2 mobility devices per bus - i’m wondering if the “new” change mentioned above is simply a revert to the original policy. Maybe they weren’t able to social-distance 2 separate wheelchair parties.

This was policy since WDW re-opened. A couple of weeks ago I heard they were going to accept 2 mobility devices per bus - i’m wondering if the “new” change mentioned above is simply a revert to the original policy. Maybe they weren’t able to social-distance 2 separate wheelchair parties.

Hopefully they allow two scooters from the same party to ride the same bus. Is there a way to confirm it?

It's just my opinion. But if they can sit different guest groups sitting across from each other, WDW could place two wheelchairs or mobility scooters parallel in front of each other and not face each other and even have a partition in front of their face.

And they are probably further apart than those facing each other.

Those guests sitting across the bus aisle like the other guests don't have a partition in front of their faces.

I can't imagine their doing it to allow more guests to board because as few as one person in a group could ride the bus.

Unless the wheelchair or mobility scooter person gets off of their device to sit in another bench. I couldn't see this as a good reason either.

That one wheelchair or mobility scooter space is across from the side door exit.

And the second wheelchair or mobility scooter space is sitting across from other guests.

But who knows what WDW is thinking.

Hopefully they allow two scooters from the same party to ride the same bus. Is there a way to confirm it?
You could try contacting Disability Services. I just can't see any logic in refusing 2 from the same party since there are at least 2 tie-down spots in the same zone on each bus.
Disability Services at (407) 560-2547, email disability.services@disneyparks.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!