Walt Disney World September 2010

WdwforLife

Mouseketeer
I have decided to start my trip report 6 MONTHS before I leave! This will be a good way for me to keep calm as I patiently wait to leave. I will document everything from now until the minute I leave!

As of right now I have booked myself, my friend Aleda and her two kids: Kylee and Gavin (7, 8) for September 20 - 28 of this year at Pop Century. I have decided to treat all 3 of them to a Disney vacation! And the kids have never been there. So a big reason is I want them to experience it before they've reached the age where they can no longer enjoy it with the innocence of a kid. Plus I feel that going to Disney World at least once is a rite of passage for a kid.

I've told Aleda a couple of times that I was treating them. And we've gotten in a couple of texting "arguments" about it. I don't think she knows I'm 100% serious. But I'm waiting to surprise them.

I bought a little wooden chest from Michael's. I painted the top black and the bottom red with yellow buttons. I cut out ears out of black foam and glued them to the top. Inside I'm putting all Disney goodies. Like shirts I got them last year from WDW. And two "First Trip" WDW gift cards as well as an "invitation" inviting them to Disney World, a travel DVD, pin lanyards, candy, souvenir park maps from disneyworld.com. They're gonna be blow away! I'm going to give it to them when I get everything in the mail.

I'm waiting for the free dining to start and then I'm going to rebook it and tack on an extra day. I've got 6 days until I can make ADRs and I've already started working on my Disney Vacation Binder. I like to stay organized while on my trip!

I'm also waiting on Southwest to open up their schedule to see if their fares can beat AirTran this year. I'm not against flying down with one airline and flying back with another.

Anyway, that's today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! I know it seems like a long time now but before I know it, it'll be here! And then...before I know THAT...it'll be over!!!! :sad1:

But I'm not gonna think about that now. All I'm going to concentrate on is making this the BEST Disney vacation I have ever had!!!

You are not only WdwforLife but a FriendforLife! This will be a vacation they will never forget. pixiedust:

You are not only WdwforLife but a FriendforLife! This will be a vacation they will never forget. pixiedust:

Oh hecks yeah. And even though the vacation is booked, if she STILL gives me any trouble, I'm gonna book her plane tickets TOO. And then we'll see what she does! Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

That's so great of you to treat your friend and her kids! I've been trying to do that for a friend of mine and her daughter for a couple of years now and she won't have it, haha.

That's so great of you to treat your friend and her kids! I've been trying to do that for a friend of mine and her daughter for a couple of years now and she won't have it, haha.

Yeah. She's stubborn. But I laid out the facts for her: her kids are 7 and 8 going to be 8 and 9. And if they don't go now she'll miss out on that part of their lives and she'll never forgive herself!

I know I'm playing the guilt card but it's for a good cause! Plus she'll thank me later :goodvibes

I'm going to move you to our pre-trip board.
When you return home from WDW, give me a PM and I'll move this back to our regular TR Board.
OhMari

I'm going to move you to our pre-trip board.
When you return home from WDW, give me a PM and I'll move this back to our regular TR Board.
OhMari

I didn't even know there was a pre-trip board. That's perfect.

Aaah. My first page of this years Disney binder is complete. I really like the way it came out.

920q.jpg

I have decided to start my trip report 6 MONTHS before I leave! This will be a good way for me to keep calm as I patiently wait to leave. I will document everything from now until the minute I leave!

As of right now I have booked myself, my friend Aleda and her two kids: Kylee and Gavin (7, 8) for September 20 - 28 of this year at Pop Century. I have decided to treat all 3 of them to a Disney vacation! And the kids have never been there. So a big reason is I want them to experience it before they've reached the age where they can no longer enjoy it with the innocence of a kid. Plus I feel that going to Disney World at least once is a rite of passage for a kid.

I've told Aleda a couple of times that I was treating them. And we've gotten in a couple of texting "arguments" about it. I don't think she knows I'm 100% serious. But I'm waiting to surprise them.

I bought a little wooden chest from Michael's. I painted the top black and the bottom red with yellow buttons. I cut out ears out of black foam and glued them to the top. Inside I'm putting all Disney goodies. Like shirts I got them last year from WDW. And two "First Trip" WDW gift cards as well as an "invitation" inviting them to Disney World, a travel DVD, pin lanyards, candy, souvenir park maps from disneyworld.com. They're gonna be blow away! I'm going to give it to them when I get everything in the mail.

I'm waiting for the free dining to start and then I'm going to rebook it and tack on an extra day. I've got 6 days until I can make ADRs and I've already started working on my Disney Vacation Binder. I like to stay organized while on my trip!

I'm also waiting on Southwest to open up their schedule to see if their fares can beat AirTran this year. I'm not against flying down with one airline and flying back with another.

Anyway, that's today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! I know it seems like a long time now but before I know it, it'll be here! And then...before I know THAT...it'll be over!!!! :sad1:

But I'm not gonna think about that now. All I'm going to concentrate on is making this the BEST Disney vacation I have ever had!!!

hi i going disney world i'm stay pop century i cant wait i going sept. 3-9 2010 i waiting for the free dinning too i got great rate with jetblue airlines for 89.00 each way from nyc maybe you check with them good luck:yay:

I have finished the cover pages of every single day in my Disney binder now! They have all of the correct park times and everything!

Tomorrow I am able to make ADR. TOTALLY pumped! I'm leaving one night open for MNSSHP. I know the dates for the party aren't up yet on DisneyWorld.com. However the event usually starts at 7 p.m. And seeing as the park hours up until the end of September are already posted, I think we can safely assume when it will be held :goodvibes

I have started working on the menus for all of the restaurants we will be eating at. What can I say? I like to be prepared. I put them in the Disney binder just in case anyone wants to know what kind of food they have.

At Borders the other day, I was perusing Disney travel books and was in such a Disney centric mood I simply had to buy the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It will keep me busy for the next couple of months.

Also, I splurged! Uh oh! I know I shouldn't have because it was a cool $300 but I bought the Olszewski Cinderella's Castle model. I couldn't help it. I've been eyeing it up for at least two years. I just moved into a new apartment and I simply needed something to put on top of my entertainment center. I've decided the entire wall the entertainment center is up against will be completely Disney. Complete with ear hats and everything.

Anyway, fingers crossed I get all of my ADRs. Wish me luck!

Made most of our ADRs today! I was not able to make the one I wanted for Mickey's Backyard BBQ because we don't have the dining plan yet. But all in due time.

Monday 9/20 is Liberty tree Tavern
Tuesday 9/21 is Coral Reef
Wednesday 9/22 is Yak and Yeti
Thursday 9/23 is going to be Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Friday 9/24 is going to be MNSSHP
Saturday 9/25 is San Angel Inn
Sunday 9/26 is Sci-Fi Dine-In
Monday 9/27 is 'Ohana (Thank god I was able to get reservations)
and
Tuesday 9/28 is Tusker House with Donald for breakfast

I think it's a pretty good line up restaurants for two kids and their first time. It has a little bit of everything.

Now I'm off to start making ADRs pages for the binder!

Oh and I also bought a new hat already for WDW. It's a tradition of mine for like the last five years. Every year before WDW I always buy a new pair of sneakers, a new pair of sunglasses and sometimes I buy a new hat. And I saw the perfect one and I couldn't resist:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20124095

I'm not ghetto in any sense of the word. The brim will be elegantly curved.

Right now I'm just waiting on my souvenir maps in the mail to put in the kids' Disney box and then I FedEx to them in KY. They're gonna love it. I'll post pics up when it's all ready to go!

Made most of our ADRs today! I was not able to make the one I wanted for Mickey's Backyard BBQ because we don't have the dining plan yet. But all in due time.

Monday 9/20 is Liberty tree Tavern
Tuesday 9/21 is Coral Reef
Wednesday 9/22 is Yak and Yeti
Thursday 9/23 is going to be Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Friday 9/24 is going to be MNSSHP
Saturday 9/25 is San Angel Inn
Sunday 9/26 is Sci-Fi Dine-In
Monday 9/27 is 'Ohana (Thank god I was able to get reservations)
and
Tuesday 9/28 is Tusker House with Donald for breakfast

I think it's a pretty good line up restaurants for two kids and their first time. It has a little bit of everything.

Now I'm off to start making ADRs pages for the binder!

Oh and I also bought a new hat already for WDW. It's a tradition of mine for like the last five years. Every year before WDW I always buy a new pair of sneakers, a new pair of sunglasses and sometimes I buy a new hat. And I saw the perfect one and I couldn't resist:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20124095

I'm not ghetto in any sense of the word. The brim will be elegantly curved.

Right now I'm just waiting on my souvenir maps in the mail to put in the kids' Disney box and then I FedEx to them in KY. They're gonna love it. I'll post pics up when it's all ready to go!

i just found your PTR I am also going tin sept this year!! Our dates cross paths i am going sept 9-18th and staying at CSR. I love your plans so far:) and that is so nice that you are planning a the trip for your friends also and trying to make it the best trip possible:) Also you have very good ADRs choices:) we are going to try yak and yeti and also sci fi for the first time this year. ARe you hoping for free dinning to come out also? I know i am !!:banana:

Hi, Joining in on your PTR!!! What a great thing to do for your friend and her kids. Can't wait to hear about how excited they are when they get your package. I love your Disney binder page. I have a notebook going. I'm not that creative on the computer.

And, we'll be there the same week! 9/18-9/27!!! WooHoo. We're planning on the MNSSHP on the 9/21

Oh, and I started my PTR a year out!

i just found your PTR I am also going tin sept this year!! Our dates cross paths i am going sept 9-18th and staying at CSR. I love your plans so far:) and that is so nice that you are planning a the trip for your friends also and trying to make it the best trip possible:) Also you have very good ADRs choices:) we are going to try yak and yeti and also sci fi for the first time this year. ARe you hoping for free dinning to come out also? I know i am !!:banana:

Yes. I am hoping for free dining. My theory is, the time to book for that "kids eat and play free" deal is May 8. So I figure they'll probably announce it sometime after that. Hopefully.

Sci-Fi is definitely worth a look! It's amazing. The food is okay but the ambience is stellar. As for Yak and Yeti. The food is pretty good. The ambience is okay but I just like eating at a restaurant in Animal Kingdom at least once.

Hi, Joining in on your PTR!!! What a great thing to do for your friend and her kids. Can't wait to hear about how excited they are when they get your package. I love your Disney binder page. I have a notebook going. I'm not that creative on the computer.

And, we'll be there the same week! 9/18-9/27!!! WooHoo. We're planning on the MNSSHP on the 9/21

Oh, and I started my PTR a year out!

They won't be opening it until she tells them they're going which probably won't be until right before they go! I guess she wants to surprise them at the last minute. Ah well. I'll tuck it away in a closet until the time comes.

I could make up a Disney binder for you if you'd like. I love doing Disney crap like that. All I would need is $ for supplies. i.e. paper, ink, a binder. That's about it. And I could ship it to you before you go! I even do menus for the restaurants we're going to eat at so everyone knows what kind of food they serve. My binder is always nifty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter