Walt Disney World Skyliner Gondola cabin video, photos, info.

The character cabins are adorable! I was secretly hoping one of the orange ones would have the Orange Bird and/or one purple one might have my beloved Figment, since they're specifically park-based characters, but I knew it wasn't very likely. Still very happy with how they turned out!

https://www.wesh.com/article/images...ndolas-revealed-as-testing-continues/27433899

Walt Disney World has unwrapped and begun testing its new gondola transportation system.

Chopper 2 was overhead, getting a first look at some of the unwrapped gondolas that will take guests to different theme parks and resorts.

The gondolas had images featuring characters from Mickey to Tigger and even a scene depicted in the Haunted Mansion.

The gondola system, named Skyliner, will connect Hollywood Studios and Epcot to Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and a proposed vacation club property called Disney's Riviera Resort.

WESH-TV showing a new video from the air of the Disney Skyliner Gondolas without the coverings at DHS and over the roads of Walt Disney World.

Last edited:

Passport to the Parks just posted a video of the heavy rain and strong winds at the EPCOT International Gateway Skyliner Gondola Station. The gondolas were not moving. I like his videos and know that this particular one isn't very informative. It is just about the rain and nothing much else. Not a big deal if you ask me. I have been at the Magic Kingdom with those sideways rain and wind and this looks pretty tame if guests are worried about the gondolas. If you advance to a little after one minute you can see the heavy winds slightly moving the gondolas.

Last edited:

jH78tI66SFTCMPPQ_0F2YnyW4TgYfIob15IJS_2r_Od-R_Yd75ex-9jG7vU6-QY2bjQg6JfebsYwu07xV20kOfDMXQiJaJuKT0_xuAC5PZmKL4PKdOoY_35p5niEvKKm6G76h0F9HFmsdtfSgpaNIAc6DByqEQaJKczs4f-IJkDrTX6LNV9X2A2V1nnsJTFcKCqufq6vxt9AHjOKHrJur7BmShGaHWfFBS1XBahn1PKV5lOT5gRj_sDF6pNvXmEkBuiCaZS8hcivBQ_wIFx_KDs9pQGFlcXMy63UrYtHArYFoUUtuxgl2Ax1exfMlztiWNSiuix0X7SpEF2MGjygdMIJxiVT46merLxNRjCAh2neeOpMM6ln6Xq_BjrTC374ZkLTHXOCVf4t5EUpGZKBTNLVvxJ_D-S2ZCdxVKNqoHvNpBnvaBTI0NL8jDIblx1oIATMYwXexMtx-xaifeRRXFV9jeEb5ijlvitO-t8CYnBg5uHXBKa21ovDTNgbTYD43H2BJCeV-D9cp5oOY9kQHV9r3p1KhFSzuh3S_z-9ph9-yJN7GTj7j0XToXIZgfRMgO5qcpXYZHeYoF_lPv9Len5CmkDBueVBbEEXb7_OO1c7pUEdaT9cxLxOL5rjqlfl0Ssx7pnVzagFjaX7XaH67ocVBfnWAGo=w660-h422-no

The Disney Skyliner Gondola entrance is 820mm or 32.2-inches wide and the interior length is 1840mm or 72.4" long. Disney limits for a wheelchair or ECV is 30" by 48". And the seats do fold up if needed. Plenty of room for any size wheelchair or ECV that meets the Disney requirements for buses, etc. I can't wait to use them. I am not worried about the heat at all.

I am more worries about how hot those Gondolas will get during the summer when severe weather causes them to stop with no AC.
They will likely be emptied. Like other outdoor attractions, CMs will stop loading and just wait for them to empty before stopping. Time between each station is only 5 minutes, so they only really need a 5-10 minute alert to an incoming storm before stopping.

They will likely be emptied. Like other outdoor attractions, CMs will stop loading and just wait for them to empty before stopping. Time between each station is only 5 minutes, so they only really need a 5-10 minute alert to an incoming storm before stopping.
What happens during a catastrophic failure like what happened at Sea World San Diego where it takes 5+ hours to get everyone off? This WILL happen at some point in time.

What happens during a catastrophic failure like what happened at Sea World San Diego where it takes 5+ hours to get everyone off? This WILL happen at some point in time.
Disney is prepared taking 5 hours will not happen. An hour if everything in the world goes wrong maybe but not 5

Like I said you have a chose to ride it or not since you are so concerned I would go with not riding it and taking another mode of transportation

I am more worries about how hot those Gondolas will get during the summer when severe weather causes them to stop with no AC.

Hi, cmwade77. I have seen a lot of other posters say the same thing. Just my opinion, I am okay with it.

I’m more interested in how are they supposed to get someone in a mobility device off.

You might have missed those photos in this thread showing the Disney staff and Fire Department practicing emergency procedures showing them with there large machines capable of evacuating guests and a surface platform much larger than any mobility scooter.

neW5Onx7htaGJEfCWLzkh03gpg5eY5DQpRDpZs2QGK4qAQFcbhmlNwCaCzbrRMC0SJylUG5IolYaiebOeyTGmcdg8oWkUQsImT6KRNYMIUfgIx10ybh3yhX7_VjrWAMeaT5GkJt6F0C6_cFpsn68STaUAE3kWNnxiw3HtJ5O80sOmIUOHZN5nc18cG6hHKPyAGke-N_oqoQaD4NFz6goR0S9-cCa7CvkHV2psrPvVyCM9j0_a_Z86jXnMsPG5LMfYE3toYkmMap__2cryOMc7vFDpWXmclRFa0WskdqvoPjRtRreKQX7NrFm_o2QWK4FIiif7pOUv8-828g79nSU-VUVfubzzkegugf7tvVctOg5blRaCUG22IhbuUdWokgTNkQtBNwkWDPQRB2PNLZlx2ZyLloOs8TkRYzKok7lgRmr-C77tax7p8m_zPU6sZ-mqW4gpGg24vak517YMmIjTL1bzrOmzY32L6LbdjSTM1ZI3iRnrx2o0FxoTbzWArB-NHMZMKUrgfTvHT5uYvrnEcch5btj6cCn42AXCjKx2I6UungotRhSavMRf-LMcVp-T9cjhb-fIk2PNt6yI8DS9N9B4HrFOdKE_pqsDQTGoAmVcGc-XbBMDP05MomNzvLZJkeLL3nGWQGy2pDUwDvpMeGgTS9HAb4=w1087-h724-no

BWntC8VkRK4-E6f36jr54_DuNJmZjblG-edo72lCXxW1_453qZ5hjI4KaRO-eVGvD_R95absSYgiV9ByAqQYoYwmplFgiZ94DZVkUux8JFtvZrHMr8iyJBYFkDNmChIg95OGPj4yVUULmA60pBsGG0JlnTCcpGgYBKhuhY5wkjZbZrDOUbIdMVllM0nPiNbDV52Td32YCN5ACKWJvkJgboHJjyc9iR_ijTzfUqs61VZNkwO0LfFl6STg6E25fQuJ0c_Fn0dcL8zpZ7P7ta9xPzQ2-Qxtr07E3_F08n2AUnKM0bzxXqbVZT_TgQr9F7Sl9hlloBL9ZsIOUr5LlHFQqBS2EiofOK6uF6In0Tfn4nrj-kOwRwd9nvUfH5h7TV1zBduJVNxZMzjBr_K9gVTJA28DIQTtfhVaehRW01MlQCAA1PjSE4eSnZnY4PI0ECWkkkG5wIlJ5rASR9XuaFKexnaxTqEpX4dPom6xpCS2eF4_Z_cBDVrFz0dDK1RCFLsMExnvCq0w97WN8lvPHbOtJ6TZ01dtsnYzyrrsMGQyqB-cqv0eBi6-13URAg5jdCTq5GcrfJosVnrwmnjerPTKTPSH0r-KuU5mNt8-kCfyyBjKNKB8nZsthiwWwRxjn73GRd6BJ-aEQI26LK_90e0P2PeOY-kPy4Y=w1087-h724-no

nNieEhCUW8MSDIRUB7oZZX6J__BZtys6NGFjkOFES49NwU1b5e2DyDWjCNBRLH6U-veNbEJqXySjIel_lCG6Q3OsbRyiBM7xGc5FNncwWLgQFWG8AFKfOl5zSaZVALzY7D_ThT_cnTlJV0_JGQLqv2CB-TV6QiFBLilP9F1bO-5T_XeDB3S6hZH0oF02IVlOZclJI6JVph-aBWtsGFnfot88vm5iUjM-1UzkHwaa_Fh16f9p1PjlU285cUuUV1j0jTKx29LKbKp6tuF1rbgzWYF00tFbNqQJLX2m2auJcvCkPHuG0yYo7PKlfpRJHTeASnmNs67wkA0lAXWnV8C56vMoy4NiM8-piT39AWcCQ3ED960ev5GeutTleN0Au7tCtal3bjpsCUj8ppR2gaSyHuSUiA9QOwsm5W1HebObMDuzSILraO2HpMoC_frVFPwB0K5HxQNrDSM30oCcNv6_97xvbQZ2BQRLDyVlQf6ycE2sdSVY3M0xnrOM9oqwM9ppIeQLADCo4yJVmJ4i7pJ4OtNYZtrK63jI5Vtu79VQ8qNYBv3DUb0iAjiaQuiq4jhm9--O2FgujkjlahX0NQtcBABhpvRxtIjM3P8N-eN9NMFrKMWfd6-vsOYin53QFsKhjWptLAuOa_qDtnozAeL67tMEJiY1FJw=w1087-h724-no

yCPqESr3j__krhN2GYkt0-BP6Dyzcf4QftUbxB_6E16Y2-wBH76o2c8bJ2srYfHVYW2vR08yGD5cO03zkoW_vk7A3k3JRCP5hrOJOr3yPcRKy9nDYskb89yk5C9BdKSH-ms-lbt2ynOPZQvdtgl7gLPIJ73nFpbb6KjNOfxKBaSR7YqcQECp15mUcOw1tyscxT-QWHbKPMBQjUHtDDV0QhXXoSsMtGc5Nr-0QZr5TU1WJPqoThmHumlC9aC_RoTSZV7bz3d4XTI6EeSfkDyUG7v7fvXshDecitxQPx57tkbWaPLzGW_icRibTd2B8Qkzhb4f0CLVX1qEgRRR2J2wce_iVzwnlZJXjzdz0YKw8Xz4E8TFEDeGnRq46PPRdcTcRmLOojYeeIPChIQBL1CXSIF9tz4Vbl7glu-jAxWiTgczwez9vSt9m5ksyZHrhaTnjnPWTqQO6Oc7Um7-9aTCNC-2H9QYFZiz-Nd-PcNGB5SMKsZ5iiW5CrRlcnu4Wg6kQpXAedAkK7axl3yu8X-YuQA2iWUMB2m3RfpkH5fwsgAjMLpWJT5JarCjxdbQ7HWJn5D-u6mKbZKeXFQcRKaa39r7NIhGBUIpk-qG5QopTnO7X6TmFeToOis77MQDNCq9VZk3HTdBuwiZ8Ti-t0iEn8HbLOmv-Ac=w859-h724-no

LJlzeA0KKZAIlsFbZyFRWpUzoe63zjjHbKOY21ZNTyMYNq9fV_g8SweIz6VrgAmymUqR7o4mqQZc_VGNbL-lUYPTyXohcaeB-1PXo2h-xVnzzHZe7vrCVS0XV45CeeZi8zbYViwW0DctiStpfh5rRlUqw7dBhw0yx6wyvMA1mmEjWBFDHopcHwTUbXs2tKTZMn8MkzEechei2ykvkUxG1Ne-BIqQ5u_NaY9HF_bM3BE-kBCa-zZlkRy2FnxKsouWKqY9lgrpbr1iuSyeuUarLih0YXBEOTHmUscnRPSSkLYk7OzNnkpu68UWPl6CCImMqWhNOXb4xyasNEnhBSOvAf2U5xw3bIGTU-63MFVmz2YhsQrtHhdrev6mGjY9GBKwDfpTXxrOgKWTcfGt7-wyXNkczOPc-iN-CdEa2p6afDSrkvj5vgAcT0ieOy5R-B02Sviurr6R6_22weSuQJ2DeLttLinAB4xmUCfRqv3vxf_DDeoGSxWXntIBSQ1ueOaD80PnpiJp4Q_FftSyTH__KmT4GRb_BzDgop3DVE7cwRVdVF6FH2lO-bjCwEOQr5ldFEz8i_sR_pPR4Q9V14jcEsVrSc043qmPVh-HKGIo2s_jfqGcmIW5KcwmTs8MxPm_yWTmfOuaJbPlDq8MHKMbF3Wb2zQFPG8=w1087-h724-no

C3sEp1Do6O2QmMgY7IoxgQ_f1kII8m6bpJ5a4s7fP9Qn6CUgqwhfV5ZivxKRd8yNnwhRmynsd6HD4MHBt_DacFRlj6S-PDIuDcW_ZcewIoVofvpT7zGnVgedXdb1uyb2ZdVxzXDt5pfnpXwwBub7asnVlwMxNl95N856f1VSdlRc56VVEoPBpKv2qTovxTlXHjBsyD9tZqrycljbKXq2QfSveNP63XdmP7q9yLV2UICr93V3gIjEPklsN-482dOYDX8XwWu00BD8uXq8NC_InGXzD0JAFSiy-xItRb5MBfnVhTxKuz6ozIV54e88dkUDE9XENhM7PDMBf_Pel9yLSXfjqhjDw4A_jKz8KYgN2hgNdnVqWvwH_I-SCDVLb8Lu10vBL_BGCqAPpE2R2FudZuaybETGQpDNWXijiqeKSfDwfMs_lT40sJQ9KhaVoR710ST7xKsTwHwh1-l_PC0b9bXB3PXaQ1N3PVwaLh1el2PR8feMlmQfdPuNIyiPqZGye_HXhnS-nsQdNiEA1PUeVSfdDcdGjV43qDXCuF_a6ipUl-nICesVvv-kyuX9kiz3VbTCTwIWSKvzFTZwg0-kvsXT7bbl5QnMnNl_EPByJjEPc65_i5RZdF2PF4Yv4V_O_ieEyKvxQkYRm-hOs9zXQncXnepKrrc=w1087-h724-no

This last photo looks like it could hold all guests onboard the one gondola with a wheelchair, mobility scooter or strollers plus all six of the men in the photo above.

I haven't seen photos about any rescue over the water like at Pop Century lake and Epcot lake, but I will keep an eye out in the future and post those when available.

I know every person has their own concerns for their own reasons and I am certainly not discounting those concerns or anyone's feelings posting on the forums. They are all real concerns for that individual.

I have a fear of falling because of imbalance when using my cane. I travel solo and I have no family, and it is just my personal feeling of not liking to depend on strangers to help me if I fall down and I can't get up by myself. I have been helped many times before by many kind strangers. But I just don't like to put myself in that situation and it is one of fears and concerns.

Guests have their own right to communicate their own concerns on these forums as I am sure all of us can agree.

I hope that my printed words do not indicate that I am commenting on anyone else's personal concerns or that I am commenting on anyone else's personal feelings.

Typed words cannot replace a face to face conversation with facial expressions and tone of voice.

Last edited:
Those emergency evacuation platforms are an E-ticket ride for sure! Personally, I will be quite interested to see what the plan will be if there is an over-water rescue required.

Like @cmwade77 I have real concerns about the heat of summer; where we live (eastern Oklahoma) we often have high humidity and high temperatures in the summertime, very similar to WDW. From about 10:30 am to about 6:30 pm, it's miserable in an open un-airconditioned vehicle until you reach at least 35 to 40 MPH, I don't care if every window is open, or if it's a convertible.

When we dismiss someone's (very real) fears or concerns out of hand (by saying "Just don't do X", for example) we send a message that that member of our group doesn't matter, and we all know that's not the case.

An example (for me) is that I can't get into or out of the majority of the boat rides at WDW. My mobility issues won't allow it, and so as a result, I can't ride Pirates at MK, or Frozen at Epcot, or NRJ at Pandora. Telling me to just "get over it" or to "just do something else" doesn't address the issue. It just tries to shut me up. I can't sit down, or stand from a sitting position in those boats; it just doesn't work with my mobility issues. I would *love* to ride those rides, but I can't, and there is no (official) alternative for me to be able to even experience, short of watching someone's POV YouTube video, and saying "Oh, I see why you love it so much" to my family.

I don't speak for @cmwade77, but for me, the reason that I have very real concerns about the temperature and air quality in a gondola cabin is because I don't tolerate heat at all any more; something I have learned the hard way very recently. So, no - until someone I know and trust can ride and tell me personally about their experience, I just won't ride the gondolas. But in the interim, at times, it feels like being punished for not being able to.

We need to all extend the same compassion to each other *here* that we want to experience from others, both here and in the Parks.

Those emergency evacuation platforms are an E-ticket ride for sure! Personally, I will be quite interested to see what the plan will be if there is an over-water rescue required.

Like @cmwade77 I have real concerns about the heat of summer; where we live (eastern Oklahoma) we often have high humidity and high temperatures in the summertime, very similar to WDW. From about 10:30 am to about 6:30 pm, it's miserable in an open un-airconditioned vehicle until you reach at least 35 to 40 MPH, I don't care if every window is open, or if it's a convertible.

When we dismiss someone's (very real) fears or concerns out of hand (by saying "Just don't do X", for example) we send a message that that member of our group doesn't matter, and we all know that's not the case.

An example (for me) is that I can't get into or out of the majority of the boat rides at WDW. My mobility issues won't allow it, and so as a result, I can't ride Pirates at MK, or Frozen at Epcot, or NRJ at Pandora. Telling me to just "get over it" or to "just do something else" doesn't address the issue. It just tries to shut me up. I can't sit down, or stand from a sitting position in those boats; it just doesn't work with my mobility issues. I would *love* to ride those rides, but I can't, and there is no (official) alternative for me to be able to even experience, short of watching someone's POV YouTube video, and saying "Oh, I see why you love it so much" to my family.

I don't speak for @cmwade77, but for me, the reason that I have very real concerns about the temperature and air quality in a gondola cabin is because I don't tolerate heat at all any more; something I have learned the hard way very recently. So, no - until someone I know and trust can ride and tell me personally about their experience, I just won't ride the gondolas. But in the interim, at times, it feels like being punished for not being able to.

We need to all extend the same compassion to each other *here* that we want to experience from others, both here and in the Parks.
I guess for me when I can’t do something I just do not complain about it. There is a lot I will never be able to do. And I just move on with my life. The PP had said a number of time they are concerned about the heat and a number of time someone has said that it will not be as bad. These will be different then a vehicle that has to stop move often ( to let people on for red light and so on. When those slow down they are under cover not out in the open and beside the wheelchair ECV ( that might stop for a minute ) they really do not stop so the passive cooling works better. Will it be like being in an AC room no will it be like standing in the shade with a breeze yes. They normily do not break down and saying tht becuse one system did and it took 5 hour to get people off so this is going to happen at Disney I feel is just not right. We have no idea if that system thought about oh what happens if this breaks and Hs to come up with a plan on the fly ( witch we have seen Disney doing. Evacuation testing they have even built a board for water rescues ) I just can not see it taking 5 hours I am more concerned about the old run down monorails going down because the AC ( if you can call it AC any more) stops working then you have to clear the line of other ones get out the thing that pullls it back and those have the smallest window that barely open.

Yes I get your point the first few times but at some time you have to take responsibility for your self and say ok this is not going to work for me what are my other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter