Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers are at the S&D rooms? Are they the pod, Kcup or regular drip style? Do they give you coffee and tea bags and if so does anyone know what brand?

Thanks for your help! :)

Does anyone know what type of coffee makers are at the S&D rooms? Are they the pod, Kcup or regular drip style? Do they give you coffee and tea bags and if so does anyone know what brand?

Thanks for your help! :)

They use Starbucks products; the coffee maker uses pods.

ohhh yeah!! Starbucks :cheer2:

Thanks!
You're welcome. Here's a photo of the coffee/tea setup in the room:

IMG_6439a.jpg

And you can ask for as many pods (they are larger than store bought pods, but still single serve) as you want. Regular, decaf, tea.

Thanks to Mom Poppins for the wonderful threads for the Swan/Dolphin. Congrats to Dan!

I read a lot about people using online check in. Is that available to Swan and Dolphin guests now that we are linked into MDE?

I read a lot about people using online check in. Is that available to Swan and Dolphin guests now that we are linked into MDE?

Curious about this as well. The Swan is the 2nd part of our stay and it would be nice to check in while at the park and know when our room is ready for our break.

I am doubtful this will occur. The only "connection" between MDE and the S&D is a nightly download of reservation info that allows them to link your reservation in MDE...

We'll be checking into the Swan for our first stay there in less than two weeks!! Any tips, tricks or advice? Would love to hear any must-dos and avoids from a resort perspective. We're WDW vets but new to this resort.

Are they still offering a rewards card for the restaurants and is it worth it? Are there other restaurant discounts (Tables in Wonderland, DVC, AAA, etc)?

Heard somewhere that they don't always stock towels at the pool so need to bring from room? Speaking of the pools, is it hard to find lounge chairs mid- afternoon? Which pool is your favorite? And while I'm on a pool roll, any favorite poolside adult beverages from the bar???

Can't guarantee it, but MAY want to workout...any difference between the two health clubs?

Will walk to Epcot and DHS but how are the buses to other parks and Downtown Disney?

Sorry for so many questions...so excited for this trip! :) Many thanks to the experts on this thread & the prior iteration for all the great info!!!!

We'll be checking into the Swan for our first stay there in less than two weeks!! Any tips, tricks or advice? Would love to hear any must-dos and avoids from a resort perspective. We're WDW vets but new to this resort. Are they still offering a rewards card for the restaurants and is it worth it? Are there other restaurant discounts (Tables in Wonderland, DVC, AAA, etc)? Heard somewhere that they don't always stock towels at the pool so need to bring from room? Speaking of the pools, is it hard to find lounge chairs mid- afternoon? Which pool is your favorite? And while I'm on a pool roll, any favorite poolside adult beverages from the bar??? Can't guarantee it, but MAY want to workout...any difference between the two health clubs? Will walk to Epcot and DHS but how are the buses to other parks and Downtown Disney? Sorry for so many questions...so excited for this trip! :) Many thanks to the experts on this thread & the prior iteration for all the great info!!!!
I'm jealous, good for you!
At the Dolphin, we really haven't dined there other than Fresh for breakfast buffet which Is good. We always go for the antioxidant juices. They have got to be good for you, right?. Something to combat the effects of pancakes, sausages & bacon. lol I love to browse at Lamont's, the shop at the lobby. The sales rack is located near the fitting rooms. We just go to the biggest pool, I may be wrong, is it called Grotto? The one time we took a bus from walking to the Boardwalk to DTD it took forever to get back to the Swan. Maybe because it was late and super busy. on a Saturday. Try it earlier in the day. Now we drive a rental car.

at the dolphin, if the outdoor towel places were closed, we went into the health club and got some from the desk by asking.... the pools are great, and we loved Picabu -AAA discount was great- I had read somewhere about a disney visa discount at the restaurants? buses etc were about the same as everywhere else.... just fine for our needs.... we LOVED the Dolphin. Previous onsite stays totaled at least 20 times in various resorts...:thumbsup2

We'll be checking into the Swan for our first stay there in less than two weeks!! Any tips, tricks or advice? Would love to hear any must-dos and avoids from a resort perspective. We're WDW vets but new to this resort.

Are they still offering a rewards card for the restaurants and is it worth it? Are there other restaurant discounts (Tables in Wonderland, DVC, AAA, etc)?

Heard somewhere that they don't always stock towels at the pool so need to bring from room? Speaking of the pools, is it hard to find lounge chairs mid- afternoon? Which pool is your favorite? And while I'm on a pool roll, any favorite poolside adult beverages from the bar???

Can't guarantee it, but MAY want to workout...any difference between the two health clubs?

Will walk to Epcot and DHS but how are the buses to other parks and Downtown Disney?

Sorry for so many questions...so excited for this trip! :) Many thanks to the experts on this thread & the prior iteration for all the great info!!!!

Only stayed at the Swan once, and have 5 more stays booked for the coming year, but the only real difference I noticed with the transportation is that the buses make a lot more stops that any other resort we've stayed at. If you get on at the Swan, the bus to DTD will also stop at the Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club. I think some of the buses stop at the Boardwalk Inn before the Swan too, though our bus from DTD back to the Swan didn't. Both directions the bus ride seemed to take a long time, and the ride to DTD was very crowded after making all the stops.

1. I always get the refillable mug, then I come back to Picabu for coffee and soda refills.

2. Great ice cream counter bottom level of the Dolphin

3. Pools are not very crowded- definitely a conference crowd- never had a problem with lounge chairs

3. I have eaten at Sushi place, Shula's and BlueZoo, all excellent, but typically overpriced for Disney. Picabu has great Pizza!

how muchis the refillable cup? I love Picabus, very reasonable(disney style:rotfl:) for a family-

I have a question about the Spas at the Swan and Dolphin. My daughter (10 years old) has been growing her hair to donate it to Locks of Love. Her favorite aunt had breast cancer and she has been growing it out since her diagnoses. She is not cancer free and so A is ready to cut it off. She really wants to have it cut and mailed from the Magic Kingdom. However, I'm afraid that since she has never cut more than a half an inch off her hair, so will be upset if she does not get a stylish cut. Plus, I want to make this special. I looked into places and I thought the Mandara Spa might be a good place to go. Any one have experience getting a hair cut here? Will they make it special?
Any suggestions are welcome!
S :)

....Are they still offering a rewards card for the restaurants and is it worth it? Are there other restaurant discounts (Tables in Wonderland, DVC, AAA, etc)?

If you have an SPG account (Starwoods), and charge to you room, you will get points. If you have a Starwoods AMEX card, you will get more.

TiW is taken at the signature restaurants, AAA at the others. Garden Grove takes both.

Towels and chairs are fine.

Each resort has its own lap pool nearby. The large Grotto pool are is equidistant from both resorts.

I think the health workout areas are about the same for each.

In all my stays I have never encountered a bus problem.

I have a question about the Spas at the Swan and Dolphin. My daughter (10 years old) has been growing her hair to donate it to Locks of Love. Her favorite aunt had breast cancer and she has been growing it out since her diagnoses. She is not cancer free and so A is ready to cut it off. She really wants to have it cut and mailed from the Magic Kingdom. However, I'm afraid that since she has never cut more than a half an inch off her hair, so will be upset if she does not get a stylish cut. Plus, I want to make this special. I looked into places and I thought the Mandara Spa might be a good place to go. Any one have experience getting a hair cut here? Will they make it special?
Any suggestions are welcome!
S :)

I got a cut & color there once. It was ok. WAY overpriced. I'm ok with spending $150 for cut & color, but this was double. DOUBLE! :scared1: I'm sure they'd make it special. Not sure what they'd do though.

3. Pools are not very crowded- definitely a conference crowd- never had a problem with lounge chairs

I think this just depends on certain factors: we were at the Dolphin Easter week 2012 and the pool was very crowded when we would return in the mid to later afternoon. Hard to get a chair, tons of people in the pool, long line to get a drink at the bar. Probably just because it was Easter week and there were multiple conventions going on so the hotels were at or very near to capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter