Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Considering a quick F&W trip next month and looking at the Dolphin. With 10pm arrival and 6am departure times will uber be an option to MCO or should I look at something else. Always used DME til now

I posted this in the shipping thread but thought I would ask the Swan/Dolphin experts.

I am heading down to Disney on a Friday in October. Have a reservation at the Dolphin. Saturday morning I will be going to the Parisian Breakfast and then Saturday afternoon I am flying to Europe!

I want to ship my shorts/tshirt etc.. home. (I won't need them in Europe!) Anyone know if the business centers are open on Saturday for shipping (I don't want to deal with a car, see Parisian Breakfast above :) )

Considering a quick F&W trip next month and looking at the Dolphin. With 10pm arrival and 6am departure times will uber be an option to MCO or should I look at something else. Always used DME til now

You should be able to get an Uber with no problem. If you are curious about the amount of Ubers available at any time you can open the app and enter the Dolphin as your pickup point and see the cars available nearby on the map.

Ds3 and I will be t the Swan and Dolphin next week.
That's great, Mary, you certainly deserve it. Enjoy your time at WDW and the S/D. :cool2:

I need a vacation
Yes, you do! And it's right around the corner.:cool1:

Ds3, who Dan met years ago is a nurse
I remember that. Weren't there 2 or more kids? I was with John and Ray if I recall. And now a nurse?!?! Great!! :thumbsup2

Goodbye cancer stuff and hello Disney!
Words to live by, Mary. Enjoy!!! :wave:

Hi! Just booked the Swan for 4d/3n for the week before Christmas using Capital One Venture points. We're surprising our 4 yo and 2 yo as an early Christmas present. Any tips? Are the pools and restaurants kid-friendly? We've previously stayed at Coronado Springs and POR, but our oldest was really young (5 mo, and 16 mo).

Hi! Just booked the Swan for 4d/3n for the week before Christmas using Capital One Venture points. We're surprising our 4 yo and 2 yo as an early Christmas present. Any tips? Are the pools and restaurants kid-friendly? We've previously stayed at Coronado Springs and POR, but our oldest was really young (5 mo, and 16 mo).
Welcome to the dis and the S/D thread IsaKep. Hope you find both helpful.

The pools are very kid friendly, though not a zero depth entry. Great water slide, waterfall and wonderful overall pool area. One of the best on WDW property.

As for kid friendly restaurants, the Garden Grove does have character dinners every night as well as character breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Fresh Mediterranean and Picabu have kids' meals.

Please do ask more questions as you get more into your planning.

Looking at booking a reservation for right after Christmas Dec 27- Jan 2. I called yesterday and the price was a little over $400. We do have annual pass and are SPG members. She said the price can fluctuate and plenty of rooms at Dolphin but the Swan is almost full. Is $400 a pretty normal price for this time of year? Thanks!

Has anyone used the SPG keyless entry app on your phone? I downloaded the SPG app for my upcoming stay and am hoping by using the keyless feature I might actually get my room available before official check in time. So far in every single one of my SPG stays I've had 0 luck with early check in requests. It would also be nice not to have to carry around the key card.

I know you can use Dis GC's at the ticket counter in the Swan to buy tickets. Can you use Starwood GC's to buy park tickets there?

We are booked at Dolphin Dec 7-10. Considering adding the night of the 10th but looks like there's some kind of event starting there that day (price goes up, next few days blacked out for points). Anyone know how I can figure out what the event or convention is?
Last time I ran into this was at a resort in Vegas and the event turned out to be a high school basketball tournament; there were basketballs bouncing off the floors and walls 24/7. Not a good stay.
MLB winter meeting

Kristen Bell is an actress who I bet you would recognize - she was the voice of Anna in Frozen. Don't know who Josh Gad is, though. I was just coming to post that Kristen had been evacuated to the Swan/Dolphin. And she's been helping out the residents of an assisted living facility who have also been evacuated there. I love her, so think it's pretty cool she's at the Swan/Dolphin.
Josh Gad=Olaf

Kristen Bell is an actress who I bet you would recognize - she was the voice of Anna in Frozen. Don't know who Josh Gad is, though. I was just coming to post that Kristen had been evacuated to the Swan/Dolphin. And she's been helping out the residents of an assisted living facility who have also been evacuated there. I love her, so think it's pretty cool she's at the Swan/Dolphin.

Josh Gad was Olaf the snowman in Frozen, and Gaston's sidekick LeFou in Beauty & the Beast.
Kristen Bell also played on the TV show Veronica Mars

Josh Gad was the voice of Olaf in Frozen.

Josh Gad was LeFou in the live action Beauty and the Beast and the voice of Olaf in, well, everything. He also originated the role of Elder Cunningham in Book of Mormon.

Josh Gad=Olaf
A bit late here on my part, but thank you all for letting me know who they are.

As someone who has taken my two boys there twice, the last time at 4 and 2 yo last Nov., they love the pool and kiddie pool. Our 4 yo loved the waterslide (I caught him when he came out - too much for the 2 yo) and there is a large protected beach area by the playground near Swan that has a water spraying seal where they had some fun. We typically eat breakfast at the family friendly Pikabu counter service style restaurant and dinner sometimes too. Fresh Mediterranean offers a step up with ala carte and buffet options. We had a good, expensive buffet breakfast there once. The Fountain is a burgers and ice cream type place, but has always been very busy when we've gone by, especially after the parks close. Shula's and Blue Zoo are high-end and not especially family friendly. Dan mentioned the character dining at Garden Grove in the Swan. We haven't tried that yet. I'm a fan!

Hey everyone, I just booked a last minute stay Oct 27-31 in a Premium Studio King Bed at the Dolphin. We have 5 of us, Mom,Dad(Me), DD4,DS5 DS7.

I am SPG Gold and have a ton of points at other partners right now, I wanted to book on points but apparently it's not available with points. If I book the standard room on points, can I use cash to upgrade or points? I have seen others mention at check-in but I am hoping for something confirmed for a little less $$ than I had to use for the room right now.

If so, do I call SPG (as they haven't really been helpful) or do I call the hotel directly?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just booked a last minute stay Oct 27-31 in a Premium Studio King Bed at the Dolphin. We have 5 of us, Mom,Dad, Me, DD4,DS5 DS7.

I am SPG Gold and have a ton of points at other partners right now, I wanted to book on points but apparently it's not available with points. If I book the standard room on points, can I use cash to upgrade or points? I have seen others mention at check-in but I am hoping for something confirmed for a little less $$ than I had to use for the room right now.

If so, do I call SPG (as they haven't really been helpful) or do I call the hotel directly?
Do you have 5 or 6?

As someone who has taken my two boys there twice, the last time at 4 and 2 yo last Nov., they love the pool and kiddie pool. Our 4 yo loved the waterslide (I caught him when he came out - too much for the 2 yo) and there is a large protected beach area by the playground near Swan that has a water spraying seal where they had some fun. We typically eat breakfast at the family friendly Pikabu counter service style restaurant and dinner sometimes too. Fresh Mediterranean offers a step up with ala carte and buffet options. We had a good, expensive buffet breakfast there once. The Fountain is a burgers and ice cream type place, but has always been very busy when we've gone by, especially after the parks close. Shula's and Blue Zoo are high-end and not especially family friendly. Dan mentioned the character dining at Garden Grove in the Swan. We haven't tried that yet. I'm a fan!

Thanks! This is really helpful! I booked the Garden Grove for night 1, Biergarten for night 3 (because we love it and the kids will just have to deal with it), and Hollywood and Vine's Disney Jr. breakfast for day 4. Pikabu and the Fountain also sound like they would work for us.

If I want to ship a box to the Swan, how far ahead should I do so? Actually, I want to order something from Amazon and send it to the Swan. What address should I use? Is there a charge to pick it up at the Swan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter