Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We got our room for late January at the Swan! We got a resort view room, we'd requested a King but appears we have double Queen which is also just fine with my wife and I, I'd rather have a better view. Is there any list of the number of queen/king resort view rooms? Anyone have any thoughts on this? We're both pretty easy going about things.
For the most part, the rooms with two beds have a tub with shower, and the King bed rooms have a shower stall, only. The King rooms also have a sleeper sofa.

Resort view rooms have pretty views for the most part. Courtyards, the Causeway or the pool.

There may be odd rooms that you can get stuck with if the resort is packed, but the buildings mostly overlook beautiful places. It’s not like being at the Wilderness Lodge or the Beach Club where you might get a room overlooking a rooftop or drainage ditch.

My brother had a standard view at the Swan in September that I loved. It faced the canal that leads to the Studios. You could see the Boardwalk Resort straight ahead and to the left, you got Crescent Lake with the Yacht/Beach Club and Spaceship Earth in the background.

Thank you @JerseyJanice for some reason I had thought resort view meant park view, but I see now they are traditional, resort, epcot, deluxe. We've never had a bad view so I'm good and happy I won't be looking at a roof top or drainage ditch! My wife likes the bathtub idea so the double queen is probably good for us.

Yikes @Dan Murphy that's worse than a rooftop for sure!

There are some not-so-good views at S/D also, JJ.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...se-read-post-1.2137287/page-114#post-35823306

(click to enlarge Tara's photo on that linked post)

I have had a similar view only from the other side of that service area. It was the very last room on the third floor (lobby floor) East. The ceiling height was so low that I could place my flat palm on it and I am only 5'4" tall. Our view was a close up of the employee area for smoking/breaks with all the lovely noise from the trucks going to and fro. We didn't stay in that room an requested a move. It had a really odd layout as well.

There are some not-so-good views at S/D also, JJ.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...se-read-post-1.2137287/page-114#post-35823306

(click to enlarge Tara's photo on that linked post)

Yeah - we had a standard Dolphin room years ago overlooking a roof top. It stunk!

We have two 2D Dolphin balcony rooms reserved for our upcoming stay (booked with points). I have requested connecting rooms on a high floor with an Epcot fireworks view. I wonder what my chances are of getting that? Checking in Dec 16. Any tips? Figure I should call the day before and then again the morning of while we're driving.

Just wanted to add a bit of follow-up in case anyone is planning to be there close to Christmas . . .

Dolphin lobby tree lighting at 6:00pm on Fri/Sat/Sun in Dec and then nightly beginning on Dec 21 (lasts about 15 minutes).

The bedtime elf tuck-ins follow a similar schedule with additional times being added on Dec 21. I booked 10:30pm (latest time available) on Dec 16. For two "kids" (they are 17 lol), the cost was $70 inclusive of taxes and fees. The prices were quite a bit higher beginning on 12/21, but I didn't write down an exact figure. No prepayment required. Cost gets added to my hotel bill. I wanted to find a way to surprise the girls - should be a hoot!

Yikes @Dan Murphy that's worse than a rooftop for sure!
It's pretty nasty, Steve.

I wonder what my chances are of getting that? Checking in Dec 16. Any tips? Figure I should call the day before and then again the morning of while we're driving.
Use the concierge link also to give them your requests in writing.

https://www.swandolphin.com/concierge/index.html

The bedtime elf tuck-ins follow a similar schedule with additional times being added on Dec 21. I booked 10:30pm (latest time available) on Dec 16. For two "kids" (they are 17 lol), the cost was $70 inclusive of taxes and fees. The prices were quite a bit higher beginning on 12/21, but I didn't write down an exact figure. No prepayment required. Cost gets added to my hotel bill. I wanted to find a way to surprise the girls - should be a hoot!
That all sure sounds like fun. I bet they'll love it.

We are staying at the Dolphin for 10 days over Thanksgiving in 2018. If we have an annual pass, will we be able to book FPs for all 10 days, or will we be limited to the 7 days?

We are staying at the Dolphin for 10 days over Thanksgiving in 2018. If we have an annual pass, will we be able to book FPs for all 10 days, or will we be limited to the 7 days?

You can book FP+ for the length of your stay at 60 days when staying at Swan and/or Dolphin.

Yeah - we had a standard Dolphin room years ago overlooking a roof top. It stunk!

We have two 2D Dolphin balcony rooms reserved for our upcoming stay (booked with points). I have requested connecting rooms on a high floor with an Epcot fireworks view. I wonder what my chances are of getting that? Checking in Dec 16. Any tips? Figure I should call the day before and then again the morning of while we're driving.

We also have a 2D Dolphin Balcony reserved on points over President's weekend, and I'm SPG gold - what are the best realistic room requests to make? Is an EP fireworks view even in the room category, or is there a chance at an upgrade? Also - what are the chances of an upgrade with SPG Gold?

Also - we are DVC and AP holders on a split stay - will our MB work for anything other than park entry during the Dolphin part of our stay? We are used to charging everything to our MBs and I understand you can't do that at the Dolphin.

Also - we are DVC and AP holders on a split stay - will our MB work for anything other than park entry during the Dolphin part of our stay? We are used to charging everything to our MBs and I understand you can't do that at the Dolphin.

You are correct in your suspicions. The only think you can use your MB for is park entry and FPs while staying at the Dolphin.

I was attempting to look at room rates yesterday, and the reservation system was down. Looks like it is still down this morning. Oh well.

On a completely unrelated note, I am in RI, and we are having a thunder storm...the day before Thanksgiving! Crazy weather.

On a completely unrelated note, I am in RI, and we are having a thunder storm...the day before Thanksgiving! Crazy weather.
I think I would take rain over snow almost anytime, Patty. Snow on Christmas Eve is okay.

Have a great Thanksgiving, Patty. And Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone here on the S/D thread.

I think I would take rain over snow almost anytime, Patty. Snow on Christmas Eve is okay.

Have a great Thanksgiving, Patty. And Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone here on the S/D thread.

Dan, I can't agree with you more about rain vs. snow. I'm at the point where I don't even want it on Christmas Eve!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well...and everyone here. Heading out for one last (I hope) grocery run and then the cooking begins!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :wave2:

I will be at the Dolphin 12/13-18. Can’t wait to see how they decorated the new Dolphin lobby!

You are correct in your suspicions. The only think you can use your MB for is park entry and FPs while staying at the Dolphin.

I was attempting to look at room rates yesterday, and the reservation system was down. Looks like it is still down this morning. Oh well.

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Actually having to use a CC to buy food and gifts in the park is going to be a new one for me (new since 2013 at least).

We had a crazy thunderstorm in NYC too. I’d rather have snow though. Somehow it doesn’t feel as cold and I don’t have to shovel.

We arrive tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day!! We have one room at the Swan and two rooms at the Dolphin, booked through Priceline! The Swan was 95.00 a night and the Dolphin was $86! There's no availability left for the two days we are there so I pray I don't get the dumpster view!! :worship: :goodvibes:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter