Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The Executive Suite at the Swan has a sofa bed. I think it’s queen size and the bed itself is fine. Obviously not as luxurious as the Heavenly beds, but comfortable for a pull-out.

The parlor room has a wet bar area with a refrigerator. No microwave and a single cup coffee maker. There is an additional refrigerator inside a dresser under the TV. The room also contains a full sized dining table and a full bathroom.

The suites are wonderful for our situation. We have four children under the age of 3 and can hang out in the parlor while they sleep in the rooms.

Prior to the recent makeover, the Dolphin had a King Murphy bed in the parlor area, making it perfect for my family: Kids in a connecting double room, grandparents in a connecting king, and my wife and I on the Murphy bed. Now, all the suites are the same with just a double sofa bed.

I have a 2 bedroom suite booked for President's Day weekend and not really sure if paying the $200 extra/night for just extra room is worth it. Already had to add an extra, separate room on points for my parents due to the new setup.
Aw, that's too bad about the bed! Am I correct in my knowledge that if you were to book a regular hotel room on points, you can only add on the Parlor area only using cash? That's not available to book on points, right?

Aw, that's too bad about the bed! Am I correct in my knowledge that if you were to book a regular hotel room on points, you can only add on the Parlor area only using cash? That's not available to book on points, right?

Perhaps you missed this reply from the last page:

Depending on the representative you speak with, you may be able to spend 10,000 more points per night to get a 2 bedroom suite. However, over the last 4 years I have only been able to use this option once- generally have to pay at least $200/night for the addition of a "parlor" to make the 2 hotel rooms a 2 bedroom suite.

Perhaps you missed this reply from the last page:

Depending on the representative you speak with, you may be able to spend 10,000 more points per night to get a 2 bedroom suite. However, over the last 4 years I have only been able to use this option once- generally have to pay at least $200/night for the addition of a "parlor" to make the 2 hotel rooms a 2 bedroom suite.
Thanks - I did see this, but my question relates to a 1 bedroom suite, not a 2 bedroom. So depending on the rep, do you think it's possible to maybe add on the parlor to 1 room on points? I'm getting a bit nitpicky, I know :) My husband and I are going at the end of April and I honestly would want to see this parlor room to even see if any add ons would be worth it. I wonder if we could do that if it's vacant.

Thanks - I did see this, but my question relates to a 1 bedroom suite, not a 2 bedroom. So depending on the rep, do you think it's possible to maybe add on the parlor to 1 room on points? I'm getting a bit nitpicky, I know :) My husband and I are going at the end of April and I honestly would want to see this parlor room to even see if any add ons would be worth it. I wonder if we could do that if it's vacant.

1 or 2 bedroom is the same issue.

:eek:
I had a hard time with two boys under the age of three (many years ago).

LOL! They aren’t mine. They are my great nieces. Two belong to one of my nephews and two belong to my other nephew. My nephews are brothers, and I have been traveling with them and their parents (who are my brother and his wife). The babies stay in their rooms while we hang out in the parlor room at night.

The big dining table in the suite parlor really comes in handy for both late night snacking and breakfast with the babies.

Kind of need some advice asap.... I'm trying to help my brother get his MDE setup today (he's thrilled) and the Conf. # that he got in the email isn't taking.... what's going on? He said he got a drop down menu of Disney springs hotels to choose from, none of which are dolphin...help!!!! He booked thru SPG using points- and got the email confirming the dates- has something changed or is this a dreaded glitch? I used the same method with no issues

Kind of need some advice asap.... I'm trying to help my brother get his MDE setup today (he's thrilled) and the Conf. # that he got in the email isn't taking.... what's going on? He said he got a drop down menu of Disney springs hotels to choose from, none of which are dolphin...help!!!! He booked thru SPG using points- and got the email confirming the dates- has something changed or is this a dreaded glitch? I used the same method with no issues
Have him place a zero in front of the confirmation number and try again.

When did he book the room? It takes a day or two before you can add it to MDE.

he booked it a few months ago..... I had him call dolphin directly. They told him they'd input with disney again and to wait 24 hours. I'm really hoping this goes smoothly for him...(I could never be a real travel agent,I'm too stressed at things going wrong for the people I'm assisting lol) Anyway for myself I would roll with it, but it's his first big trip and I've been assuring him it'll all be straightforward....

he booked it a few months ago..... I had him call dolphin directly. They told him they'd input with disney again and to wait 24 hours. I'm really hoping this goes smoothly for him...(I could never be a real travel agent,I'm too stressed at things going wrong for the people I'm assisting lol) Anyway for myself I would roll with it, but it's his first big trip and I've been assuring him it'll all be straightforward....
I just had the same experience, myself. It worked immediately, after I placed a zero in front of the confirmation number.

@hsmamato2 if that doesn't work have him call the Dolphin, they were very helpful when I called with similar questions. 407.934.4000

The Executive Suite at the Swan has a sofa bed. I think it’s queen size and the bed itself is fine. Obviously not as luxurious as the Heavenly beds, but comfortable for a pull-out.

The parlor room has a wet bar area with a refrigerator. No microwave and a single cup coffee maker. There is an additional refrigerator inside a dresser under the TV. The room also contains a full sized dining table and a full bathroom.

The suites are wonderful for our situation. We have four children under the age of 3 and can hang out in the parlor while they sleep in the rooms.
Thanks. Have you ever booked this parlor room using points?

Thanks. Have you ever booked this parlor room using points?

No, I have not. I don’t travel for business so I don’t earn any.

I will tell you that we pay around $500 cash for the 2 bedroom suite. They charge only one resort fee for the whole suite so split between two or three parties, it’s a heck of a deal.

What a great thread! We are booking our first trip to Disneyworld through Costco Travel. We have chose the dolphin since we are a family of 5 with 3 kids, (17,13,6). I called the dolphin direct to price check it and the hotel was $3k for 8 nights. We are getting 8 nights plus tickets for 7 days through Costco for $3700. Which leads my husband to ask “why? What’s going on at that hotel lol”. Is the dolphin a good hotel for our family for our first trip to WDW (we are Disneyland veterans and I used to work there). We are going in mid-June for my sons graduation trip, a little worried about the heat and the crowds. Thanks again for sharing all your tips and experiences. I appreciate it!

What a great thread! We are booking our first trip to Disneyworld through Costco Travel.
We've stayed at S/D a couple times before, this will be our third time and first time in 10 years after being Disneyland AP holders for a couple of years and the moving again. What I LOVE about S/D is the proximity to Epcot & Hollywood Studios, we also found transportation to MK and AK to be very good in the past. Our kids usually wanted to walk through Epcot and take the monorail to MK - heck its the first ride of the day that way :)

While the theming of the hotel isn't as "Disney" as the Disney hotels it's still very classy and at least to me it's only a room, I spend my time sleeping there, plus the beds are the best. The only two deluxe hotels that really appeal to me are the Poly & Wilderness Lodge, but price of S/D is just too good to pass up for still being on site.

I'll be posting in a couple weeks about our trip, including my thoughts after using the Costco program for our room/tickets and rental when we go to Clearwater Beach after WDW.

This thread is great, it's a lot to read but if you go back to about the first post you'll find that Dan has some great information that's easy to access, then jump page 200 and read current you'll gather a lot of good info, at least it worked for me.

Dumb question, does anyone know if the Dolphin WDW pkg through Costco offer a dining plan? Or is it something you can add on?

Dumb question, does anyone know if the Dolphin WDW pkg through Costco offer a dining plan? Or is it something you can add on?
No such thing as a dumb question. You cannot get the Disney Dining Plan when staying at the S/D as it's not a Disney Hotel. You can purchase Magic Bands, but you can't back charge to your room using them either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter