Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I don't think there's any need to apologize! All the regulars on this thread are pretty kind and helpful. We don't see too much drama around these parts (searches for wood upon which to knock). Better to ask than wonder, I should think!
Thanks!!! I love this board. Been super helpful. With two upcomg trips for 2018 we are so excited to learn as much as we can from the experts!!

For people who typically stay here, any idea transportation options and costs from MCO to the hotel?

Some of my group used FL Tours last fall. They were 4 adults and two babies. Car seats and a grocery stop were included. Another family rented a car at MCO and dropped it at the Dolphin car rental count. The worker in that group travels extensively for business and got the rental nearly free with reward points.

To get back to MCO, I took Uber with two others and we paid $35ish one way.

There are no gates or anything but to get towels I recall needing a room key. Not trying to spark an ethical debate but I think this would be fine as long as you are sensitive to how many guests you have (bearing in mind the Swolphin guests have paid to get to enjoy the amenities there, not hogging too many chairs, etc).

If you need towels and don’t have a room key, there are plenty of them for the taking over at the pool by the Swan.

Welcome to the dis, Lpamama. And the S/D thread here.

I always stay at the Swan so can confirm the steps question. I would think though that there is an elevator for those floors, in addition to stairs.

I would describe the fridge as a slightly large size 'dorm fridge', not a huge amount of room.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1.......0...1c..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.fdN_EqSrza0

The Green option has already been addressed.

Charging food bought at S/D is easily charged to the room, including those with AAA discount.

Have a great trip. Ask more questions if need be.

Disney first timer here- mom, dad, 3 boys- 20, 10, and 8. We are tagging along with DH who is attending a conference in April. Since there are 5 of us, we know we'll be in the Dolphin.

A few questions:
We love having the option to take the stairs. Can someone verify that stairs are only the option on 3rd and 4th floors? Can you take stairs both up and down?

We plan to go heavy on snacks to save money (as this trip was completely unplanned and unbudgeted until mid-last week!). How much room is there in the fridge.

If we go Green, how does the $5 credit get credited to us

Are we able to charge food to the rooms easily, even with the 20% AAA discount?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. I've had quite the crash course in WDW and the Swolphin in the last 5 days and this board has been very helpful! Currently on hold with WDW getting our reservation linked so we can get the 60 day window for Fast Passes...

Some of my group used FL Tours last fall. They were 4 adults and two babies. Car seats and a grocery stop were included. Another family rented a car at MCO and dropped it at the Dolphin car rental count. The worker in that group travels extensively for business and got the rental nearly free with reward points.

To get back to MCO, I took Uber with two others and we paid $35ish one way.

If you need towels and don’t have a room key, there are plenty of them for the taking over at the pool by the Swan.

Good to know! Somehow we always end up at that recreation shack thingy in between the two hotels (I think we just always find loungers near the pool that has the columns in it). In fact we always get great bar service there and something suddenly makes me want a rum drink with an extra floater (per the expert recommendation of course) :rolleyes1

LOL @pepperandchips!

Early in the morning over by the Swan pool, they bring out a big towel cart and place rolled towels on each chaise. You can take a towel out of the cart or grab one off a chair.

They stock the towels early for people using the pool to swim laps, but you can get towels there any time of day. :)

Hi! I'm helping a friend who is staying at Dolphin plan her Disney trip, and I have a few questions.

First, she bought her tickets online and has an email confirmation that needs to be taken to a ticket window to get her physical plastic ticket card. Can she do this at the Disney ticket counter at the Dolphin (related: I know there is a Disney ticket counter at the Swan; is there one at the Dolphin too)?

Second, is there a separate Disney bus stop for the Dolphin, or do Dolphin guests use the one outside of the Swan?

Thanks!

Hi! I'm helping a friend who is staying at Dolphin plan her Disney trip, and I have a few questions.

First, she bought her tickets online and has an email confirmation that needs to be taken to a ticket window to get her physical plastic ticket card. Can she do this at the Disney ticket counter at the Dolphin (related: I know there is a Disney ticket counter at the Swan; is there one at the Dolphin too)?

Second, is there a separate Disney bus stop for the Dolphin, or do Dolphin guests use the one outside of the Swan?

Thanks!
Both resorts have Disney ticket counters.
https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/disney-planning-center.html

The bus first picks up guests at the Swan, then picks up at the Dolphin, before heading over to the park.

Thanks!
She should try inputting the ticket numbers to MDE so she can make FPs. If she has magicband she from a previous trip, no need to pick up the plastic tickets

She should try inputting the ticket numbers to MDE so she can make FPs. If she has magicband she from a previous trip, no need to pick up the plastic tickets

Thanks! Ticket numbers are in MDE and ready for FPs, but she’s never been to Disney so no old MBs, hence the need for physical tickets for park entry and FPs.

Can Disney gift cards be used at the hotel restaurants and stores?

The Boardwalk shop (Screen Door General Store) is very close if you need to burn some Disney gift cards. We also really enjoyed the new quick service/grab-n-go in the Yacht Club. I think it was called Ale & Compass Market (but everything is called Ale & compass these days so I could be remembering incorrectly)

Both resorts have Disney ticket counters.
https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/disney-planning-center.html

The bus first picks up guests at the Swan, then picks up at the Dolphin, before heading over to the park.
I *think* to get the hard copy ticket you need to go to guest relations at entrance to the park,not the desk at the Dolphin (?) please correct me if I'm wrong here. (last trip I walked over to HS to get some tickets put on a hard copy at the gate GS,it was easy) Oh- if I wanted to add a day to my ticket, could I do it inside the Dolphin, or likewise have to go to GS at the park entrance? and each hotel has their own bus stop.

I *think* to get the hard copy ticket you need to go to guest relations at entrance to the park,not the desk at the Dolphin (?) please correct me if I'm wrong here. (last trip I walked over to HS to get some tickets put on a hard copy at the gate GS,it was easy) Oh- if I wanted to add a day to my ticket, could I do it inside the Dolphin, or likewise have to go to GS at the park entrance?

I really don't know about the Disney ticket counters at the Swan and Dolphin being able to do anything"special," such as ticket upgrades or exchanging vouchers for tickets.

They do not have a breakfast perk. I also have SPG Business. We are supposed to get a free room upgrade if available. When I stayed, they tried to sell me an upgraded/renovated room for $40 per night. I declined. I contacted SPG to see if I should have gotten that room as an upgrade and according to them I should have gotten the upgrade. Seems some of the help at the counter do not know all of the benefits for the SPG Business card holders.
So....if I have the SPG bizcard,I can request an upgrade via the concierge request form, or at checkin? which is the best way? ANd to confirm, there's no additional lounge access benefits here,since there's no lounge? And no comparative perk to replace it?

How has bus transportation from Dolphin to the parks been lately? Also, we want to go to TRex at Disney springs for lunch one day. Do the DS buses at Dolphin run pretty regularly or should we get an Uber (would have to get UberX with DD age 5). Thanks.

How has bus transportation from Dolphin to the parks been lately? Also, we want to go to TRex at Disney springs for lunch one day. Do the DS buses at Dolphin run pretty regularly or should we get an Uber (would have to get UberX with DD age 5). Thanks.

It's been my experience that the Swan/Dolphin buses run the same as all the other resort buses. There are good days and bad days.

I was curious if anyone has booked a Club Level qualifying room at Dolphin/Swan and has gone through the purchased FP process. Still deciding whether to book a suite combo for our November trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter