Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Feelings about which to book..Swan or Dolphin? We are a family of 4 with kids ages almost 6 and 10 when we'll travel in February.
I like the Swan because of the Queen beds as the Dolphin has doubles. When boarding the bus the Swan is picked up first, the boats it doesn't matter. If you are going to Picabu's its closer if you stay in the Dolphin, but not a big deal IMHO.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all these pics. I so want this to work out but hubby still wants the two separate standard rooms (connecting). Will be home tomorrow for a snow day and I’m going to work on him some more ;)
Your welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Saying "hello" to everyone as I begin planning our first stay at Swan/Dolphin for February 2019! Heard some great things here and from family about these hotels so I'm hoping for a magical stay despite it being non-Disney. Feelings about which to book..Swan or Dolphin? We are a family of 4 with kids ages almost 6 and 10 when we'll travel in February.

Either one is great. I’d go with whichever one gave me the better rate.

That said, the arcade is inside the Dolphin building so if you want to try giving your kids some independence, that would be a reason to choose it over the Swan.

Here is yet another update regarding my quest to book a room category at Dolphin that qualifies for Club Level status in order to have the opportunity to purchase extra FPs.

So hubby was not a fan of the four of us all being in one room, even if it was a Premium Studio b/c there wasn't true separation from us and the kids. He liked the idea of two connecting standard rooms. I called Dolphin again today while being snowed in, and after a 45 minute conversation and going back and forth with Starwood, I think I found a happy medium.

Both rooms are still booked on points - one standard double room and one King Alcove Room - these are connecting. There was an upcharge fee of $90/night. I was hesitant with this, but once I realized that we would only be charged one daily resort fee, then about $60 total per night for the upcharge sounded better. So, I made the switch. Now, since we have the King Alcove Studio booked, we now qualify for Disney Signature Services. However, I am still waiting on the actual phone number and confirmation that we do indeed can take advantage of this opportunity. I will let you know when I find out for sure. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know where the Swan/Dolphin bus stop is located at AK? I was wondering about how long of a walk back to bus at AK so that we can head back to Dolphin for a mid-day break. And is it a straight shot back or does that bus stop at one of the water parks too? I remember staying at YC and sharing a bus with Swan/Dolphin and stopping at one of the water parks on either our way to AK or on our way back. I wasn't sure if they still did that.

@ginny65 Last September, AK had one bus for the Swan & Dolphin, one bus for the Yacht & Beach Club, and another for the Boardwalk. We did not stop at the water park.

Coming back from AK, I recall taking the Yacht Club bus because we had just missed the S&D bus. It was an easy walk from the YC to the Swan.

The ability to take any of the three buses when returning to the S&D is a really nice feature. :)

Here is yet another update regarding my quest to book a room category at Dolphin that qualifies for Club Level status in order to have the opportunity to purchase extra FPs.

So hubby was not a fan of the four of us all being in one room, even if it was a Premium Studio b/c there wasn't true separation from us and the kids. He liked the idea of two connecting standard rooms. I called Dolphin again today while being snowed in, and after a 45 minute conversation and going back and forth with Starwood, I think I found a happy medium.

Both rooms are still booked on points - one standard double room and one King Alcove Room - these are connecting. There was an upcharge fee of $90/night. I was hesitant with this, but once I realized that we would only be charged one daily resort fee, then about $60 total per night for the upcharge sounded better. So, I made the switch. Now, since we have the King Alcove Studio booked, we now qualify for Disney Signature Services. However, I am still waiting on the actual phone number and confirmation that we do indeed can take advantage of this opportunity. I will let you know when I find out for sure. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the update. Please let us know when you get info about the extra Fps. You'd be the first person who was able to get anyone at DSS to admit it's possible .

@ginny65 Last September, AK had one bus for the Swan & Dolphin, one bus for the Yacht & Beach Club, and another for the Boardwalk. We did not stop at the water park.

Coming back from AK, I recall taking the Yacht Club bus because we had just missed the S&D bus. It was an easy walk from the YC to the Swan.

The ability to take any of the three buses when returning to the S&D is a really nice feature. :)

Another reason I love all the Epcot resorts! There are always 2 or 3 buses from MK or AK back to the resorts to choose from! If you miss the Swan/Dolphin bus, take the BC/YC or BWI bus! Then it's a short walk to your resort! ;) (I said 2 or 3 because there are times when BWI shares with the Swan/Dolphin bus.)

Good to hear. And I agree. If they have separate buses for the Epcot area resorts, and we see the BW or YC/BC bus there, we will just hop on. Thanks!

Hey guys. Just putting the finishing touches to our honeymoon trip in October. We’re booking through virgin holidays in the uk. Anyone had any experience of how good their lake view standard rooms are? Just wondering if there’s any need to go for the upgrade.

Cheers!:-)

Hey guys. Just putting the finishing touches to our honeymoon trip in October. We’re booking through virgin holidays in the uk. Anyone had any experience of how good their lake view standard rooms are? Just wondering if there’s any need to go for the upgrade.

Right now, at least for when we are going, an upgrade to a resort view with a balcony isn't much more per night. To us, having a balcony is so worth it to sit outside in the morning drinking coffee enjoying the sights and sounds of the morning. You might look into it.

I wanted to ask the experts on here first before calling Dolphin again. I spent a nice amount of time on the phone with them yesterday and I need a little break :)

We are now paying, including tax, $101 extra per night as an upgrade charge on our connecting suite rooms. I was reading Dolphin offers an Educator's Discount (which I am). Is it worth asking them if the discount would apply to the upgrade charge? Anyone know what the discount is?

Thanks!

I do think a balcony is a nice upgrade, especially on your honeymoon. Congrats and have a great time!!!

We are now paying, including tax, $101 extra per night as an upgrade charge on our connecting suite rooms. I was reading Dolphin offers an Educator's Discount (which I am). Is it worth asking them if the discount would apply to the upgrade charge? Anyone know what the discount is?
It never hurts to ask about a discount. I would definitely call them and ask. I believe the educator, nurse and AAA discounts are all 10%, but I could be mistaken.

Saying "hello" to everyone as I begin planning our first stay at Swan/Dolphin for February 2019! Heard some great things here and from family about these hotels so I'm hoping for a magical stay despite it being non-Disney. Feelings about which to book..Swan or Dolphin? We are a family of 4 with kids ages almost 6 and 10 when we'll travel in February.

As someone posted, the beds might be somewhere near the top of the list of deciding factors. You can get 2 queens at Swan.

By all means ask! All they can say is no. What I found is that the teacher rate was for a set room, not an over all discount. I found that rates for AAA and Costco beat those teacher rates every time.

Also being an SPG member helps. I have the SPG rate booked and it is a few dollars cheaper than the AAA rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!