Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi folks!
Today is 180 days for us and I am unable to book the plus 10. The app teases me and lets me see options, just won’t let me book. If I use a browser, it only gives me arrival day as option. I sure wish there was consistency on this! Fortunately we aren’t trying for any hard ADRs so I don’t need to be up early each day.
HTH someone!

Hi folks!
Today is 180 days for us and I am unable to book the plus 10. The app teases me and lets me see options, just won’t let me book. If I use a browser, it only gives me arrival day as option. I sure wish there was consistency on this! Fortunately we aren’t trying for any hard ADRs so I don’t need to be up early each day.
HTH someone!
Curious if you booked a package or bought your tickets separately?

Curious if you booked a package or bought your tickets separately?

Separately (we’re AP holders).

To say Dining was glitchy for me today is an understatement. I just now was successful in booking all the days via Safari (despite the +10 days previously being greyed out). The app is still useless for me for booking at the moment (but I know have all my reservations).

My two cents about staying at Sheraton LBV, if you’d like...Sheraton LBV has drastically increased at points. We stayed there once and found it to be really dirty. This was when I was paying 3,000 points a night (9,000 Marriott points). It’s now 25,000+ points per night (what would be 8,333 SPG points). It was so dirty the one and only time we tried there, though, I personally wouldn’t stay there for free. I realize it could have been a one off situation, but I wouldn’t risk it.

Definitely agree with the great increase in points, but we have stayed here probably a total of 100 nights over the past 8 years and have never had a problem. My wife and I stay here for a 4-5 night, no kids trip every May. We hit the pool every day and have many, many cocktails. They never complain about us bringing in our own which, if you don't, runs up a SERIOUS bar tab. Me, my brother, and 4-6 friends stay here for 5 nights every October for our annual golf trip. And we have stayed here for an occasional Disney trip as well. We have had no problems with the room cleanliness, and the pools are TOP NOTCH for the price. In the past when it was 3k points a night, I believed it was the best point value in the world. They have recently remodeled many of the rooms which was certainly needed, and they also still recognize status and frequent guests as we usually get free upgrades and late checkouts (4pm usually) when needed.

Definitely agree with the great increase in points, but we have stayed here probably a total of 100 nights over the past 8 years and have never had a problem. My wife and I stay here for a 4-5 night, no kids trip every May. We hit the pool every day and have many, many cocktails. They never complain about us bringing in our own which, if you don't, runs up a SERIOUS bar tab. Me, my brother, and 4-6 friends stay here for 5 nights every October for our annual golf trip. And we have stayed here for an occasional Disney trip as well. We have had no problems with the room cleanliness, and the pools are TOP NOTCH for the price. In the past when it was 3k points a night, I believed it was the best point value in the world. They have recently remodeled many of the rooms which was certainly needed, and they also still recognize status and frequent guests as we usually get free upgrades and late checkouts (4pm usually) when needed.
A friend of mine has stayed several times and never had a problem. He always is trying to convince me to give it another shot. I’m just so skeeved out by our last stay that I don’t think I can ever try again.
I was expecting bare bones but clean. I found it to be surprisingly well appointed (esp for the price) but filthy. Not only was our room gross but the pools (which were awesome for the price) were beyond dirty.
It seems we just happened to pick a bad weekend, though, as others have liked it. It was so bad, though...

I have stayed at the Swan in the past, using points to book the room online. Now my DDs will be 19 & 17 so extra adult fee and need more space. I can book separate rooms with points, but thought a suite would be better with only one resort fee.

Questions for those who called in to request suites .... I called the number listed on the Dolphin/swan website for suite bookings: 1-800-227-1500. I was on the phone for 40 minutes without getting any info. Firstly, the person is obviously not in Florida. She was very sweet but didn’t know the Dolphin and Swan were two separate hotels. She said suites were not available at either. And rooms were only available at Swan. I’m booking Aug 1-10. Online shows plenty of availability for both. And connecting rooms cannot be guaranteed.

For those who have successfully booked a suite with points AFTER the merger, do you remember how many points they were per night? Comparably, Two rooms would be 100,000 points a night, plus two resort fees. Also, I read you could call and book connecting rooms at a fee. Is this correct? Again, the person left me on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up.

Is there a way to book suites at the Dolphin/swan directly where they know room configurations? Not some random call centre? I’m calling internationally.

TIA.

I have stayed at the Swan in the past, using points to book the room online. Now my DDs will be 19 & 17 so extra adult fee and need more space. I can book separate rooms with points, but thought a suite would be better with only one resort fee.

Questions for those who called in to request suites .... I called the number listed on the Dolphin/swan website for suite bookings: 1-800-227-1500. I was on the phone for 40 minutes without getting any info. Firstly, the person is obviously not in Florida. She was very sweet but didn’t know the Dolphin and Swan were two separate hotels. She said suites were not available at either. And rooms were only available at Swan. I’m booking Aug 1-10. Online shows plenty of availability for both. And connecting rooms cannot be guaranteed.

For those who have successfully booked a suite with points AFTER the merger, do you remember how many points they were per night? Comparably, Two rooms would be 100,000 points a night, plus two resort fees. Also, I read you could call and book connecting rooms at a fee. Is this correct? Again, the person left me on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up.

Is there a way to book suites at the Dolphin/swan directly where they know room configurations? Not some random call centre? I’m calling internationally.

TIA.
Yes, you can call them directly. I call them like once a week, ha. I always stay on hold for at least 15 minutes, but typically whoever I get is super helpful and seem to know all the ins and outs. I call: 407-934-4000

I have yet to find out the points needed for a suite. I was told I needed to call Marriott for that and I went around in circles and never got an answer.

But, I know this:

Book a standard room for 50,000 and upgrade to a King Alcove for $90, a Premium Studio for $130 or a King Alcove with connected Double room for $200. I got this info 2 weeks ago directly from Dolphin/Swan.

I am not sure about paying to guarantee a connecting room.

Hey! I have a question for the S&D experts. I’ve always stayed at an official Disney resort, so this is new to me. I got it cheaper than the moderates, so I had to book it. Am I able to link my reservation at the Swan to the MDE app? Thanks!

Hey! I have a question for the S&D experts. I’ve always stayed at an official Disney resort, so this is new to me. I got it cheaper than the moderates, so I had to book it. Am I able to link my reservation at the Swan to the MDE app? Thanks!
Yes, and congrats on getting a good rate. It's what moved us over from going to Coronado to S/D too.

But it takes about a week to 10 days to get the Disney reservation number for MDE as everything is done manually as I understand it. If you just booked and you're not close to any reservations windows sit back and relax for a week or two. If not call S/D and see if they can move things along quicker.

Yes, and congrats on getting a good rate. It's what moved us over from going to Coronado to S/D too.

But it takes about a week to 10 days to get the Disney reservation number for MDE as everything is done manually as I understand it. If you just booked and you're not close to any reservations windows sit back and relax for a week or two. If not call S/D and see if they can move things along quicker.

Oh ok, great. Thank you! I figured it was manual. Looking forward to my first stay, I’ve actually never even been to the resort!

Oh ok, great. Thank you! I figured it was manual. Looking forward to my first stay, I’ve actually never even been to the resort!
For me S/D is all about location, ability to walk/boat to two of the resorts is huge. I would highly suggest reading over this thread, there is a ton of good info and tid bits. Like discounts for eating if you are a AAA member. If you're not, join the Marriott Rewards to earn points during your stay, unless you booked through sites like Priceline, Hotwire or Costco. Do keep in mind the property isn't run by Disney, some are let down when it's not the Disney theming, but we like it and I remind myself how much I saved! Welcome to the group, and feel free to ask away you'll find a great group in this thread that can usually answer most S/D related questions.

For me S/D is all about location, ability to walk/boat to two of the resorts is huge. I would highly suggest reading over this thread, there is a ton of good info and tid bits. Like discounts for eating if you are a AAA member. If you're not, join the Marriott Rewards to earn points during your stay, unless you booked through sites like Priceline, Hotwire or Costco. Do keep in mind the property isn't run by Disney, some are let down when it's not the Disney theming, but we like it and I remind myself how much I saved! Welcome to the group, and feel free to ask away you'll find a great group in this thread that can usually answer most S/D related questions.

Thanks so much, Steve! I’m a DVC member at SSR and I was planning on using my points. I thought about it for a day or so, went back, and the weekend was gone (as well as every other DVC resort), so that’s how I ended up with the Swan. I’m happy because of the location, price, and amenities. I love the Deluxe resorts and don’t enjoy the values/mods.

Completely agree about the location being key. I’m curious what impact the Skylines will have on crowds at HS and especially Epcot’s International Gateway?

As much as we love the location, the different types of suites offered were the biggest factor in us choosing the S&D. As a party of 5, 3 adults and 2 children, Disney Resorts don’t really offer many options, other than 2 (hopefully) connecting rooms. We loved staying in Executive Suites in 2011 and 2013 and to top it all off, the Suite cost less than 2 moderate rooms! :thumbsup2

I just booked a 4 night pre-Disney vacation for September next year. We were going to do off site but got a great deal on an alcove room in Dolphin. I’m so excited! Even though we’re not doing any park days while we’re at dolphin I stayed at BC last year and loved the area and am so excited to have lots of time to explore it more and spend some time at the pool. I’ve never been to the resort and have no idea what the rooms are like. Does anyone have a room layout of the double/double alcove room I could have a look at? Thanks again for all the great info, I’ve read through over 40 pages so far!

Does anyone have a room layout of the double/double alcove room I could have a look at?
This might be it.

https://www.swandolphinmeetings.com/space/floorplans/s_deluxe_alcove_dolphin.html

D_DeluxeAlcove.gif

Anyone else having issues getting their resort reservations linked correctly of late? I had the Dolphin send the number to the Disney system twice. No luck. Then I contacted Disney IT support and they said they would work directly with the Dolphin to get it linked. It has now been a week since that call and still nothing. Any help or direction is appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter