Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Request for a future traveler to post the Bonvoy elite breakfast voucher image or the info on use as listed on the voucher. Thanks

Random odd occurrence.

I booked my room through Marriott website on 2/28 for 2473.38 and went into the reservation today as I needed to update the credit card on file. I noticed when I pulled up the reservation the total had increased (no date changes have occurred) by about 300.00?? I call the 1-800# and the CS person could see my initial booking history and changes in rates and couldn't explain why the change had happened?? She could not apparently do a change back to the correct booking amount but had to open a case for the Dolphin and request a correction.

Has anyone had this happen before and the hotel corrected the error??

Random odd occurrence.

I booked my room through Marriott website on 2/28 for 2473.38 and went into the reservation today as I needed to update the credit card on file. I noticed when I pulled up the reservation the total had increased (no date changes have occurred) by about 300.00?? I call the 1-800# and the CS person could see my initial booking history and changes in rates and couldn't explain why the change had happened?? She could not apparently do a change back to the correct booking amount but had to open a case for the Dolphin and request a correction.

Has anyone had this happen before and the hotel corrected the error??

The only time I saw something similar was when I opened an existing reservation to modify it, and the rate would have increased, if I went through with the modification; as the resort’s rates increased, since the original booking, my change (I don’t remember what the change was, but it was for same dates and room type) would have increased the nightly rate. I ended up not making any changes to the booking, to keep the same nightly rate. Obviously, as availability goes down, rates go up.

Is it possible that when you updated the payment info, the system treated the booking as new?

@marymoo86 I'd call the Dolphin and ask for In-House Reservations. They may correct it though Marriott but I think the Dolphin would be quicker way to get if correct. The number to call is 407.934.4000, if you call the toll free number I'm pretty sure you'll end up at the Marriott call center not the Swan Dolphin itself.

Not sure if this is relevant but Marriott will let you book for 2 but anything else, including kids, triggers the $50 a night fee. If you book for two online and then call in house reservations to add two kids you don't get any additional fee. Marriott says it is a IT glitch and the don't seem to have any desire to fix it. They wouldn't take down any information from me flagging this should be fixed.

Last week I booked my first cash stay at the Dolphin, ever. Have always stayed on points before. When booking, it told me that my one night deposit amount that would be charged was $166. I booked on the 9th and still nothing is pending on my credit card. Is that normal?

@amalone1013 Congrats on your upcoming trip. Is your stay showing up on your Marriott account/app? If you're unsure you can call S/D direct, see post a couple above you with the In-House Reservation #. I would think the withdraw would have shown by now, but sometimes things don't make sense. But in thie day of everything being automated it does seem very odd.

@amalone1013 Congrats on your upcoming trip. Is your stay showing up on your Marriott account/app? If you're unsure you can call S/D direct, see post a couple above you with the In-House Reservation #. I would think the withdraw would have shown by now, but sometimes things don't make sense. But in thie day of everything being automated it does seem very odd.
It's so strange. I see it in my Marriott account, in my app, I linked it to MDE no problem. Just no room hold charge.

It's so strange. I see it in my Marriott account, in my app, I linked it to MDE no problem. Just no room hold charge.

They may not put the actual deposit charge through immediately. I have booked a couple of reservations recently in which the deposit wasn't charged in advance but it all reconciled on my room folio, and the entire room rate was charged at the time of the stay. I booked less than a few weeks out, however.

They may not put the actual deposit charge through immediately. I have booked a couple of reservations recently in which the deposit wasn't charged in advance but it all reconciled on my room folio, and the entire room rate was charged at the time of the stay. I booked less than a few weeks out, however.
I booked about 16 days out, so maybe it's similar to yours

I'm not sure about your CC, my work Visa shows Transactions as well as Pending Charges. I stayed at a Marriott last Thrusday and checked out Friday, as of just now there are not Transaction charges for my room, my total was $197.26, but there is a Pending Charge for $200. My guess is that the Marriott system is slow, I'm not overly impressed with the IT department. I can only imagine how challenging it is to deal with 6,500 locations and 1.2 million rooms, but the SPG/Marriott merger was not a good experience for many, and the ongoing issues with getting your S/D stay to show up on MDE for some as well as the system breach doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

If we arrive and our room isn’t ready, will we be able to go to the pool and get towels? I keep reading about the need to show a room key to get a towel, but it’s unclear how this would work if the room isn’t ready.

If we arrive and our room isn’t ready, will we be able to go to the pool and get towels? I keep reading about the need to show a room key to get a towel, but it’s unclear how this would work if the room isn’t ready.
Yes they will give you a card that gives you access to all of the resort amenities while you wait for your room. We often get in early and change once we get to the resort and head to the pools. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter