Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Didn't realize there wasn't a bus to Epcot. Learn something new every day!

I used the Swan/Dolphin concierge link a little over a week ago to make a room request. I have always heard back within a day or too. I haven't heard anything. Should I follow up?

Unless things have changed, I would avoid trying to enter Epcot thru the front. With all of the construction going on, it is a bit of a mess!! Ran into some looong bag check lines there last trip.

Didn't realize there wasn't a bus to Epcot. Learn something new every day!

I used the Swan/Dolphin concierge link a little over a week ago to make a room request. I have always heard back within a day or too. I haven't heard anything. Should I follow up?
I would send again. Just preface it that the request may not have gone through on their end.

Unless things have changed, I would avoid trying to enter Epcot thru the front. With all of the construction going on, it is a bit of a mess!! Ran into some looong bag check lines there last trip.

We have an 820 reservation with a 9am opening. Hopefully not too bad if we get to the bag check by 745/8am? It's a good mile or more to walk it via IG and rather save those steps if possible. All ears if there's a better solution :)

We have an 820 reservation with a 9am opening. Hopefully not too bad if we get to the bag check by 745/8am? It's a good mile or more to walk it via IG and rather save those steps if possible. All ears if there's a better solution :)

I would aim to get to bag check no later than 745. Remember Disney wants you to check in for your ADR at least 5 minutes prior. And you will still need to walk to the restaurant.

Yes
I would not have thought it was that far, but just checked with Google Maps measuring tool. It is just a bit over a mile walking from S/D to The Land pavilion. :faint:

How about from the International Gateway to the Land? I'd boat to the back of Epcot to save steps.

So I have been reading some reviews of the Dolphin, and I see a few mentioning mold. We are staying there the week before Thanksgiving, and I’m super nervous because mold triggers my son’s asthma. Two years ago we wound up rushing him to the ER while staying at the Swan, and I’m scarred from it.
What is the best way to contact the hotel and tell them he absolutely cannot stay in a room with mold issues? This is more important than a typical room request, so I wanted to make sure it goes through the right channels.
Thanks in advance!

We are 9 days from our first stay at the Swan ! I’m so excited to try out this resort . I have a feeling I will love the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot for Food and Wine festival , and DHS for those early early mornings !
We booked a standard room through Priceline . Do you think there is any point in making any room requests ? I would prefer not to overlook a garbage bin or something awful but I’m not terribly picky. I’m actually kind of hoping we might be able to pay to upgrade to a Balcony room when we arrive. I’m not counting on it by any means though , as I know it’s a really busy time and there might not be any rooms to upgrade to . I guess we will wait and see !

@AliceandPete I wouldn't put in a request as a priceline buyer, but that's just me. However, as you said if you are wiling to pay for an upgrade by all means ask when you check-in. Looking at the nightly rates starting Oct 25th I'd say it doesn't look great at least for Saturday or Sunday as nightly rates are showing up as about $650/night, the other nights are in the $200's though.

@AliceandPete I wouldn't put in a request as a priceline buyer, but that's just me. However, as you said if you are wiling to pay for an upgrade by all means ask when you check-in. Looking at the nightly rates starting Oct 25th I'd say it doesn't look great at least for Saturday or Sunday as nightly rates are showing up as about $650/night, the other nights are in the $200's though.
Thank you . I think I will just wait and see. I’m not too concerned either way.
Just happy to be there. :-)

So I decided to email the room request instead - I'm sure it all goes to the same place, but I received an email back right away. I emailed: GuestRelations@swandolphin.com Maybe that's a good way to contact in-house people??

Also - any dirty martini drinkers out there??? What bar/lounge makes the best one at Swan/Dolphin????

So I decided to email the room request instead - I'm sure it all goes to the same place, but I received an email back right away. I emailed: GuestRelations@swandolphin.com Maybe that's a good way to contact in-house people??

Also - any dirty martini drinkers out there??? What bar/lounge makes the best one at Swan/Dolphin????
I can’t speak for their martinis but I do like the bar at il Mulino.

Hi All, looking at booking the Swan for a week in December. We normally stay at DVC but this trip is a late change in plans. Is there anything we should know before hitting that non-refundable go button? Would be me, my wife, and our 4yo.

Hi All, looking at booking the Swan for a week in December. We normally stay at DVC but this trip is a late change in plans. Is there anything we should know before hitting that non-refundable go button? Would be me, my wife, and our 4yo.
There is a daily resort fee of $34 added on to the price you’re quoted for each day. There is also a parking fee (maybe $25 a day but I’m not totally sure the price). There is no magical express to or from the airport. You cannot charge things through a magic band; you actually won’t get a magic band but can use an old one. There’s not really a Disney “feel” to the hotel.
Besides that, everything else is the same as Disney hotels...you get bus and boat transportation provided by Disney, the pool is huge, and the location is great.

Enjoy your trip!

I agree about the bar at Il Mulino. We have done happy hour at Blue Zoo as well from 5-7 pm nightly if they still have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter