Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are home šŸ˜¢. Such a great trip. While not an expert like many of you guys here, it was my/our 4th trip at Dolphin (one with hubby, one with my good friend, two with the whole family), using Marriott points. It was also the second time booking a connecting room ā€œsuiteā€ and doing the CL FP program. So if anyone has questions about using points, upgrading or CL FP, feel free to ask!

Just a note, this time we were on the 7th floor in the West area right next to elevators. Def our fave location. While we could hear the elevators, it was such a quick trip downstairs to grab food to go from Fresh using our vouchers and a breeze to get the family downstairs and out of the building for the pool and the walk/boats to the parks. Will always request the same location! Direct view of tower of terror which made all of us very happy.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice, reviews and trip reports!

Is there a post you can refer me to describing the CL FP available for Swan guests? We will be down Thanksgiving week and have two rooms reserved on points. is there a particular way to request the connecting rooms ā€œsuite?ā€ Because we are on points we could only book base level rooms (one king and one double). We do have Marriott status if that helps.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Is there a post you can refer me to describing the CL FP available for Swan guests? We will be down Thanksgiving week and have two rooms reserved on points. is there a particular way to request the connecting rooms ā€œsuite?ā€ Because we are on points we could only book base level rooms (one king and one double). We do have Marriott status if that helps.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.
As a quick response, you would need to call in house reservations to walk you through what your options could be at this point. If you want two rooms you have to pay points for one room and then pay a cash fee to upgrade these two rooms to a suite. Bonus is that there will only be one resort fee and you would get pints back. However, I am not sure if two standard rooms turned into a ā€œsuiteā€ qualifies for the CLFPs. I believe one of the rooms has to be a categorized premium or alcove/family suite.

As a quick response, you would need to call in house reservations to walk you through what your options could be at this point. If you want two rooms you have to pay points for one room and then pay a cash fee to upgrade these two rooms to a suite. Bonus is that there will only be one resort fee and you would get pints back. However, I am not sure if two standard rooms turned into a ā€œsuiteā€ qualifies for the CLFPs. I believe one of the rooms has to be a categorized premium or alcove/family suite.

What is bedding in the suite to which we might be able to upgrade?

What is bedding in the suite to which we might be able to upgrade?
In the king alcove itā€™s a king bed and a pull out sofa. The premium studio is either a king with a 3/4 wall and then a pull out sofa in the living area. The premium studio also can come with two doubles and then the same pull out.

We are home šŸ˜¢. Such a great trip. While not an expert like many of you guys here, it was my/our 4th trip at Dolphin (one with hubby, one with my good friend, two with the whole family), using Marriott points. It was also the second time booking a connecting room ā€œsuiteā€ and doing the CL FP program. So if anyone has questions about using points, upgrading or CL FP, feel free to ask!

Just a note, this time we were on the 7th floor in the West area right next to elevators. Def our fave location. While we could hear the elevators, it was such a quick trip downstairs to grab food to go from Fresh using our vouchers and a breeze to get the family downstairs and out of the building for the pool and the walk/boats to the parks. Will always request the same location! Direct view of tower of terror which made all of us very happy.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice, reviews and trip reports!
Hii! Is there a club level at S/D or this means something else? We are booked for a parlor suite as well. Thanks!

Thanks. I would imagine that if they are good with one food allergy, they are would be good with another. I took @SteveH 's advice and spoke with SD directly. They claimed they could accommodate my son's nut allergies with the usual, just let them know in advance before ordering. I'll report back once we have traveled.

We were at the Dolphin a few weeks ago and one of my sons has severe allergies including peanuts/tree nuts and shellfish. We got the pizza a couple of nights at Pikabu no problems and he had breakfast a few mornings in the Fresh Market without problems. I'm pretty certain he told both places about his allergies and they had a chef speak with him. He could not have the pastries off the buffet as you might expect but they were able to make him waffles/pancakes, etc. - lots of options. My son does eat things labeled "made in a facility" but not "may contain" or "contains" FYI.

We were at the Dolphin a few weeks ago and one of my sons has severe allergies including peanuts/tree nuts and shellfish. We got the pizza a couple of nights at Pikabu no problems and he had breakfast a few mornings in the Fresh Market without problems. I'm pretty certain he told both places about his allergies and they had a chef speak with him. He could not have the pastries off the buffet as you might expect but they were able to make him waffles/pancakes, etc. - lots of options. My son does eat things labeled "made in a facility" but not "may contain" or "contains" FYI.
Thanks @Selket . Very helpful to know that your family had a good experience.

Iā€™m so sorry if this has been answered though I did see a mention on the first page from 2014- we just booked the Dolphin for NYrs week! Super excited and hopefully with the modified hours, our PPO BOG will still be ok with 9am hours for MK still remaining intact for the first week in January. We will have a car, but prefer to take a bus to minimize walking with DHā€™s bad back, so Iā€™m wondering how early Dolphin buses will start running for early breakfast ressies and if theyā€™re reliable. Thank you so much!

Iā€™m so sorry if this has been answered though I did see a mention on the first page from 2014- we just booked the Dolphin for NYrs week! Super excited and hopefully with the modified hours, our PPO BOG will still be ok with 9am hours for MK still remaining intact for the first week in January. We will have a car, but prefer to take a bus to minimize walking with DHā€™s bad back, so Iā€™m wondering how early Dolphin buses will start running for early breakfast ressies and if theyā€™re reliable. Thank you so much!

Buses start rolling every day by 6:30AM. Unless a park opens at 7AM, then they start rolling by 6AM.

Keep in mind, the buses are not Dolphin buses. They are Disney's buses just like the other Disney resorts. They are as reliable as Disney buses, whatever that means. I tend to shy away from Disney trans for early am reservations, but that's just how I roll.

@carimar we've never really had any issues with Disney buses. The key is either don't be in a big rush, or give yourself plenty of time. You can always take a Lyft/Uber up to TTC or Contemporary if you get tight on time. But the buses or Minnie Vans are the only ones that will actually get you right up to MK.

@carimar we've never really had any issues with Disney buses. The key is either don't be in a big rush, or give yourself plenty of time. You can always take a Lyft/Uber up to TTC or Contemporary if you get tight on time. But the buses or Minnie Vans are the only ones that will actually get you right up to MK.

Thank you (and the previous two) for your helpful replies. I had considered a Minnie Van as an alternative option to get right to the gate but then I read MVs donā€™t service the S/D. Is this false info? Thought that was my only gate option until I found out that Disney provides buses early enough, which is obviously the most cost-effective choice.

@carimar you can take the Minnie Van service to/from S/D, you just can't use the Minnie Van to from the Airport.

Dan had posted the announcement some time ago, Minnie Van Service at all WDW resort hotels

Thanks so much. I'm late to the S/D party! Staying in a Junior Alcove suite "connector" using Bonvoy from an upgrade and purchased the CL FP's. Staying from 1/1-1/5 so I will report back if anyone has any questions about CL FP's or how to get an upgrade using Bonvoy.

I found out that Disney provides buses early enough, which is obviously the most cost-effective choice.
Debatable.

Just an opinion...
For something like emm or emh, I like to have the times more solidified, and that's worth $ to me, because it's also money lost if you're late. I'll look at the bus area, but I'm probably ubering to MK or AK for early am events. Way less stress for not a lot of money. I'm not against or spiteful towards Disney trans, but for early am - the whole waking up and being ready, and then having to be "ok" with not getting there on time, OR, needing to wake up earlier to get that buffer (and then still having to be ok with not getting there on time) is just not my preferred way to do it. I've only been "burned" once for an emh at AK- once was enough. Almost happened again, but last trip, when AK had am emh, the bus q was full enough to realize that we'd probably not all fit. Ordered an uber, and it was there is 3 minutes. We got in our car just as the AK bus pulled up, and it was already quite full with Swan peeps. I'll check the bus situation once outside, but an uber will be there in just about 5 minutes - usually less.

If you can, rideshares are a very useful service, and they are all over WDW - much money to be made. Car seats can be issues if you need them - but don't rule out rideshares if possible. They've helped me make things go much smoother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter