Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Mernin'!
PSA:
If anyone is ready to pounce, Costco has a Swolphin Disney deal as part of its xmas deal a day promo. If your dates fit with the restrictions, it's worth a look. It's basically the standard deal + the semi-regular "kids eat free" but also a 100.00 resort credit, and a balcony room upgrade instead of just a "resort view" upgrade. The 100.00 credit - if it can be used at Fuel (it just says "Resort Outlets) - that's a lotta really good sammiches! Might do well at Picabu, too!

Costco, FTW!

In days leading up to today, the promo just advertised, an upcoming "Orlando Travel Deal." I was secretly hoping for something at UOR to pounce on. Planning on a 1st time visit next fall.

If anyone is ready to pounce, Costco has a Swolphin Disney deal as part of its xmas deal a day promo. If your dates fit with the restrictions, it's worth a look. It's basically the standard deal + the semi-regular "kids eat free" but also a 100.00 resort credit, and a balcony room upgrade instead of just a "resort view" upgrade. The 100.00 credit - if it can be used at Fuel (it just says "Resort Outlets) - that's a lotta really good sammiches! Might do well at Picabu, too!

Costco, FTW!

In days leading up to today, the promo just advertised, an upcoming "Orlando Travel Deal." I was secretly hoping for something at UOR to pounce on. Planning on a 1st time visit next fall.

A few more details on what is included:
  • 5-Day Disney Theme Park Tickets with Park Hopper® Option
  • Accommodations at Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin Resort
  • Daily resort fee
  • All applicable taxes

Valid For TravelNightsBook By
1/1/20 - 2/29/20512/12/19
4/13/20 - 9/30/20512/12/19

Not sure what is going on with the Costco website, but I've tried numerous dates in January and February and every time I try, I get a message that says "Warning: Package not available on dates selected. Please enter alternative dates."
Could they possibly be sold out already?

Not sure what is going on with the Costco website, but I've tried numerous dates in January and February and every time I try, I get a message that says "Warning: Package not available on dates selected. Please enter alternative dates."
Assuming you're looking at Jan/Feb 2020, it's likely that dates that soon might be sold out already. We booked our upcoming May 2020 trip back in August when Costco had a similar deal, and the same days in May have long-since been unavailable, so there's a good chance that Jan/Feb are too.

If you're trying to search for Jan/Feb 2021, those dates likely won't be available through Costco until sometime next year (They're also outside of the valid date range for the current offer).

I just tried 1/1, and 4/13, no issues - able to book. I tried one or two other dates, and got a "not avail" message. It's a minimum of 5 days - you'll get a "no-no" msg if you go under 5. It's very possible some dates are sold out, no idea how many pkgs they can sell, but it's definitely not infinite. This is only a 2 day deal, ppl might be pouncing for the few slots avail if it fits their needs. I will also say this - call the Costco travel line - THEY ARE AWESOME REPS. The ones I have spoken with are just fantastic, very informed, smooth as silk, and they've worked around some of the issues I needed to overcome to customize travel pkgs because the website couldn't handle what I needed (they have to keep it simple / cookie cutter or else ppl would screw it up all day long - I completely understand and agree.) They are just great, imo.

Assuming you're looking at Jan/Feb 2020, it's likely that dates that soon might be sold out already. We booked our upcoming May 2020 trip back in August when Costco had a similar deal, and the same days in May have long-since been unavailable, so there's a good chance that Jan/Feb are too.

If you're trying to search for Jan/Feb 2021, those dates likely won't be available through Costco until sometime next year (They're also outside of the valid date range for the current offer).
Definitely looked at Jan/Feb 2020, guess I just picked popular dates. Thanks

I just tried 1/1, and 4/13, no issues - able to book. I tried one or two other dates, and got a "not avail" message. It's a minimum of 5 days - you'll get a "no-no" msg if you go under 5. It's very possible some dates are sold out, no idea how many pkgs they can sell, but it's definitely not infinite. This is only a 2 day deal, ppl might be pouncing for the few slots avail if it fits their needs. I will also say this - call the Costco travel line - THEY ARE AWESOME REPS. The ones I have spoken with are just fantastic, very informed, smooth as silk, and they've worked around some of the issues I needed to overcome to customize travel pkgs because the website couldn't handle what I needed (they have to keep it simple / cookie cutter or else ppl would screw it up all day long - I completely understand and agree.) They are just great, imo.
I guess I just picked the wrong dates. I have a trip booked for the week of January 12, staying at Pop Century, so was just curious to see what the price difference would be. When those dates didn't work, I just tried a random week in February, and got the same message.

Just looked at this for our trip in April, as I'm not sure we will have enough points to cover it. Subtracting out the park hopper ticket, it looks like it is about $1630 for just the room portion, or about $400/night including all taxes and fees. As with most "packages", not sure this is worth worrying about...

When did you start having to pay in full? I've been pricing out dates in May and June and they want full payment for the room. This is through Marriott. I don't want to do anything non-refundable so Costco is out.

When did you start having to pay in full? I've been pricing out dates in May and June and they want full payment for the room. This is through Marriott. I don't want to do anything non-refundable so Costco is out.
Check near the top the default is prepaid but standard rates should be to the left in the Marriott appC19D7A48-B882-44AE-B8F2-EDA336FC9D6C.jpegC19D7A48-B882-44AE-B8F2-EDA336FC9D6C.jpeg

Check near the top the default is prepaid but standard rates should be to the left in the Marriott appView attachment 458411View attachment 458411
I'm not looking at prepaid rates just AAA and member refundable rates. I found 4 nights in May that just required the one night deposit, but I need 5 nights. The only dates and rates that work for me are the first week of June. The rate details list each night individually to get the 208.00 rate and each night must be paid in full. It's weird. Since this is a trip I may or may not take I'll probably just book a package through Disney and pay the extra 250.00. The pay in full rates are refundable, but I don't want to fork out the money right now. I've got other things to pay for right now like Christmas. I figure by the time I get around to buying tickets those would have gone up too so the package may only be 200.00 to 150.00 more. Since I'm not 100% committed to this a package may be the best route.

I'm not looking at prepaid rates just AAA and member refundable rates. I found 4 nights in May that just required the one night deposit, but I need 5 nights. The only dates and rates that work for me are the first week of June. The rate details list each night individually to get the 208.00 rate and each night must be paid in full. It's weird. Since this is a trip I may or may not take I'll probably just book a package through Disney and pay the extra 250.00. The pay in full rates are refundable, but I don't want to fork out the money right now. I've got other things to pay for right now like Christmas. I figure by the time I get around to buying tickets those would have gone up too so the package may only be 200.00 to 150.00 more. Since I'm not 100% committed to this a package may be the best route.
I’d give them a call and see.

I'm not looking at prepaid rates just AAA and member refundable rates.
If you use any kind of special rate like senior or AAA discount, it defaults to pay in full. You have to call to make the reservation if you only want to pay the one-night deposit. It's annoying because the official policy is that only one night's deposit is required and they probably have PIF as the default setting so people who don't know better pay the full freight when they don't have to.

If you use any kind of special rate like senior or AAA discount, it defaults to pay in full. You have to call to make the reservation if you only want to pay the one-night deposit. It's annoying because the official policy is that only one night's deposit is required and they probably have PIF as the default setting so people who don't know better pay the full freight when they don't have to.
I’m getting the pay in full with every type of rate.

@smmco Do you have an account with Marriott? Are you using the Marriott website or App? Are you trying to book starting at the Swan/Dolphin website or straight to Marriott.com Are you in the US or elsewhere? Sorry for the questions just try to help out. Your other option is to just call S/D direct or the Marriott call center; Give us a call: 407.934.4000 Reservations: 888.828.8850

When I bring up Marriott for reservations I show the following 4 options;
The Special Rate is AAA, Standard is the full, but both are 1 night, it's not until you get into the Prepay and Save that you pay for the whole cost up front.
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 11.35.37 AM.png

@smmco Do you have an account with Marriott? Are you using the Marriott website or App? Are you trying to book starting at the Swan/Dolphin website or straight to Marriott.com Are you in the US or elsewhere? Sorry for the questions just try to help out. Your other option is to just call S/D direct or the Marriott call center; Give us a call: 407.934.4000 Reservations: 888.828.8850

When I bring up Marriott for reservations I show the following 4 options;
The Special Rate is AAA, Standard is the full, but both are 1 night, it's not until you get into the Prepay and Save that you pay for the whole cost up front.
Yes I’m Marriott Gold. The dates in May are AAA and are requiring one nights deposit. In June it wants full payment with any rate. Its weird maybe it’s just a glitch.
View attachment 458506

@smmco that is very odd. I think I'd break down and give a call, I can't figure out why the policy would change like that.

@smmco that is very odd. I think I'd break down and give a call, I can't figure out why the policy would change like that.
I’d really like to do the Costco deal to get the park hoppers but the non refundable part scares me, but I think I could get dates in May with it. I’ll have to think about it.

I’d really like to do the Costco deal to get the park hoppers but the non refundable part scares me, but I think I could get dates in May with it. I’ll have to think about it.
On the Costco Travel site, you should be able to select "Contracted Rate" for the Swan or Dolphin by clicking "Modify Room" on the Hotels page when configuring the Swan/Dolphin package. This will add a little to the price (as the cancelable rate is higher than pre-paid), but you will not have to pre-pay for the hotel portion of the package price. However, you will still have to pay up front for the price of the tickets and airfare (although including airfare in the package is optional), and that money is non-refundable.

On the Costco Travel site, you should be able to select "Contracted Rate" for the Swan or Dolphin by clicking "Modify Room" on the Hotels page when configuring the Swan/Dolphin package. This will add a little to the price (as the cancelable rate is higher than pre-paid), but you will not have to pre-pay for the hotel portion of the package price. However, you will still have to pay up front for the price of the tickets and airfare (although including airfare in the package is optional), and that money is non-refundable.
Can you change dates or if you have to cancel still keep the tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter