Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can you change dates or if you have to cancel still keep the tickets?
I don't know about changing the hotel dates. As for the tickets, I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't imagine they'd take back them back from you - you paid for them, and they're attached to your My Disney Experience account independent of the hotel reservation (Costco emails you a separate confirmation code for the tickets), so I would think they're yours to keep. Note that the tickets are assigned to a particular date range, though (as is Disney policy for all park tickets now). Disney does allow you to change the dates of tickets or reassign them to anyone in your friends list on your MDE account up until the first day assigned to your tickets (if the new dates are more expensive, Disney will make you pay the difference). Again, I can't say with absolute certainty if this applies to tickets not purchased directly through Disney, but my Costco tickets do show options for "Change Ticket" and "Reassign Ticket" in my MDE account.

I know that's not much of a definitive answer, but hopefully some of that helps.

I don't know about changing the hotel dates. As for the tickets, I can't say for certain, but I wouldn't imagine they'd take back them back from you - you paid for them, and they're attached to your My Disney Experience account independent of the hotel reservation (Costco emails you a separate confirmation code for the tickets), so I would think they're yours to keep. Note that the tickets are assigned to a particular date range, though (as is Disney policy for all park tickets now). Disney does allow you to change the dates of tickets or reassign them to anyone in your friends list on your MDE account up until the first day assigned to your tickets (if the new dates are more expensive, Disney will make you pay the difference). Again, I can't say with absolute certainty if this applies to tickets not purchased directly through Disney, but my Costco tickets do show options for "Change Ticket" and "Reassign Ticket" in my MDE account.

I know that's not much of a definitive answer, but hopefully some of that helps.
Thank you that is very helpful. I’ll play around with Costco vs AAA and undercover tourist and see which makes the most sense. I need Marriott points though so I may go that route. I still can’t get the dates I want in May there must be a convention that week. I’m a little nervous about crowds the first week of June.

Can I not link my reservation to the Bonvoy app if I booked through hotels.co?

I was hoping to be able to receive a text when our room was ready.

I’m staying for a few nights at the swan using my points. I think I read here about people upgrading from the points room to a suite? And then they can purchase the CL FPP?
can you do this and if so how?

I’m staying for a few nights at the swan using my points. I think I read here about people upgrading from the points room to a suite? And then they can purchase the CL FPP?

IDK how to upgrade, but I do know that once you link your Swan alcove suite reservation in MDE you can call DSS and they will book your CL FP+ for you.

Leaving today from a split Swan/Dolphin stay in a King room. We are Platinum Elite members and were given rooms at the top (floor 14 Dolphin and 11 Swan) with free upgraded beautiful theme park views. We had to ask both time for the breakfast vouchers. Ate at the Garden Grove and paid the 8$ extra for the full buffet. The continental breakfast had no protein and very few options without sugar.

A few observations... We preferred the Swan overall. The lobby is not as impressive, but it had a calmer vibe. The rooms were very similar... with a slight edge to the Dolphin.

We were able to ride Rise of the Resistance twice during our stay. On Thursday we took a boat before 5:45! We would have walked... it's really a nice walk.. but the boat was pulling in.

Leaving today from a split Swan/Dolphin stay in a King room. We are Platinum Elite members and were given rooms at the top (floor 14 Dolphin and 11 Swan) with free upgraded beautiful theme park views. We had to ask both time for the breakfast vouchers. Ate at the Garden Grove and paid the 8$ extra for the full buffet. The continental breakfast had no protein and very few options without sugar.

A few observations... We preferred the Swan overall. The lobby is not as impressive, but it had a calmer vibe. The rooms were very similar... with a slight edge to the Dolphin.

We were able to ride Rise of the Resistance twice during our stay. On Thursday we took a boat before 5:45! We would have walked... it's really a nice walk.. but the boat was pulling in.
All sounds good to me. Welcome home when you get there.

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for April 14-19. I purchased a standard King and another with 2 Queens on points, and I had to pay for the "parlor" portion to link them.

The cost was $240 for the parlor, but with the fees and taxes it cost an additional 50%! For $1800 I think it is still a good deal for a 2 bedroom for 5 days in the Epcot area.

ETA: Do you have any status with Marriott? You may be able to secure an upgrade but not before you check in, so it doesn't help with CLFP. Alcove rooms also can be used for CLFP if you want to save some green...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I booked a 2 bedroom suite for April 14-19. I purchased a standard King and another with 2 Queens on points, and I had to pay for the "parlor" portion to link them.

The cost was $240 for the parlor, but with the fees and taxes it cost an additional 50%! For $1800 I think it is still a good deal for a 2 bedroom for 5 days in the Epcot area.

ETA: Do you have any status with Marriott? You may be able to secure an upgrade but not before you check in, so it doesn't help with CLFP. Alcove rooms also can be used for CLFP if you want to save some green...

I’m platinum but will likely be gold when it’s time for our trip since I didn’t travel as much this year. So I know I may get an upgrade when I get there. But I was wondering if there was a way to pay for an upgrade before. Right now we have a 2 queen room booked on points.

I’m platinum but will likely be gold when it’s time for our trip since I didn’t travel as much this year. So I know I may get an upgrade when I get there. But I was wondering if there was a way to pay for an upgrade before. Right now we have a 2 queen room booked on points.

You can add a parlor to just one room, but it is an expensive option. I'm quite sure that I heard of people paying for a Alcove room upgrade ahead of time. Just call the local number and select reservations and ask them for options. I don't think there is an option to upgrade with points anymore, just cash.

I don't think there is an option to upgrade with points anymore, just cash.
Has anyone tried using a suite rewards certificate and had any luck? We have enough suite upgrade rewards for 10 nights at this point and I'm wondering if they'd work at the Swan.

Hubs hit Ambassador status this week (cutting it close lol) so I'll report back on how/if that improves our experience at the Swan this year (2020).

Is there somewhere I can find out what conventions are taking place during my dates? I've been trying to book the night of March 3 (which is avail on Marriott site but for over $700/night) and it doesn't show availability on Disney site. Thanks.

The sucky thing is my dates are March 3 -11 and the 3 is avail if I book 3-10 but not if 3-11. But I booked 4-11. Don't have anywhere right now to stay on the 3. If I book another hotel onsite for that night of the 3rd I could get MB and ME inbound. If I do a split stay any issues with booking FP from 3-11 all at once? And any issues with luggage transfer (it shows they'll do this) and any issues with link MB for entire 3-11 stay? Thx.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere I can find out what conventions are taking place during my dates? I've been trying to book the night of March 3 (which is avail on Marriott site but for over $700/night) and it doesn't show availability on Disney site. Thanks.

The sucky thing is my dates are March 3 -11 and the 3 is avail if I book 3-10 but not if 3-11. But I booked 4-11. Don't have anywhere right now to stay on the 3. If I book another hotel onsite for that night of the 3rd I could get MB and ME inbound. If I do a split stay any issues with booking FP from 3-11 all at once? And any issues with luggage transfer (it shows they'll do this) and any issues with link MB for entire 3-11 stay? Thx.

You really shouldn't have an issue with FP+ or transferring luggage if you book a Disney onsite hotel for your lead in reservation. That being said, the one time I requested a luggage transfer from the Beach Club to the Swan I was told it couldn't be done. I talked to the supervisor and he was able to clear that up...

I have done quite a few split stays and only had one issue with the luggage transfer (from Swan to the BC). When the CM at the BC Bell Services checked for receipt of my bags, I was repeatedly told they were never received. Well, they were received, but she kept checking for Dolphin bags; my bags were there all the time and were located by another CM, almost immediately. You will have to check in at your second resort's Bell Services to claim your bags/have them delivered to your room.

With your split stay, you will not only be able to use DME, but you will also receive a MagicBand, if you want one.

Couple of questions...

1. What is this "extra person charge"? I am booking for 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5)....having an extra person charge in ridiculous for kids. I have the room booked as just 2 adults now but worried if i call to try and modify I may be stuck with this charge.
2. Interested in upgrading to a room that qualifies as CL...what is the most least expensive option for this and how much does it typically run? I have a basic marriott rewards account but we don't stay enough for me to have any substantial amount of points. I also have AAA.
3. If we can't do CL how likely is an upgrade to a room with a balcony.

We are booked (through Bonvoy) at Dolphin for March in a traditional 2 doubles room. This is the first time at Dolphin previously we have always stayed at Swan (hoping we don't miss the queen beds too much).

Couple of questions...

1. What is this "extra person charge"? I am booking for 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5)....having an extra person charge in ridiculous for kids. I have the room booked as just 2 adults now but worried if i call to try and modify I may be stuck with this charge.
2. Interested in upgrading to a room that qualifies as CL...what is the most least expensive option for this and how much does it typically run? I have a basic marriott rewards account but we don't stay enough for me to have any substantial amount of points. I also have AAA.
3. If we can't do CL how likely is an upgrade to a room with a balcony.

We are booked (through Bonvoy) at Dolphin for March in a traditional 2 doubles room. This is the first time at Dolphin previously we have always stayed at Swan (hoping we don't miss the queen beds too much).
Marriot does not normally charge extra for kids. It’s my understanding that the extra person fee gets applied automatically but mention it to them at check in and they will remove it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter