Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We're booked at the Swan for our December trip and I got the "reservation system" email from Disney. That being said, the wording of the email states "because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.", which means that the priority access to park reservation does appear to be tied to having park tickets and not just a resort reservation.

Does anything think Swolphin may not open with the rest of the resorts? I'm debating booking there via Priceline but I'm slightly nervous with all the chatter about some resorts potentially not opening. Since they're technically not Disney resorts I think they probably will open since they want the money, right?

Does anything think Swolphin may not open with the rest of the resorts? I'm debating booking there via Priceline but I'm slightly nervous with all the chatter about some resorts potentially not opening. Since they're technically not Disney resorts I think they probably will open since they want the money, right?
We simply don't know when the Swan & Dolphin will reopen. They are officially closed thru June 30, 2020 as of their latest public information.

Dave

Anyone considering a trip this summer? Disney resorts are not available but Swan and Dolphin have plenty of availability for July and August. Certainly a roll of the dice but you can cancel S&D reservations up to 24 hours before your arrival date. I can't get my head around if the restrictions will make a better or worse experience (less people and no FP vs wearing a mask, no fireworks, etc..)

I couldn't make it in a mask in that heat. I wear one around where I live, but I don't think I could stand it for very long down there in the summer.

So I went for it and booked the first week in August at Dolphin resort. They had plenty of availability, it was relatively cheap, and I am able to cancel up to 24hrs prior. Now all I have to do is renew my AP when it expires the end of June and hope to score park reservations for multiple days. I’ve decided that if I am only able to reserve 1 or 2 days then I will just cancel the trip.

So I went for it and booked the first week in August at Dolphin resort. They had plenty of availability, it was relatively cheap, and I am able to cancel up to 24hrs prior. Now all I have to do is renew my AP when it expires the end of June and hope to score park reservations for multiple days. I’ve decided that if I am only able to reserve 1 or 2 days then I will just cancel the trip.
Not sure if this is correct or not, but if your AP expires at end of June, and your trip is early August, wouldn't the AP extension that Disney is doing, extend your AP into August, maybe September (not sure about number of extension days they are doing)?

You should be able to have a park reservation for each day of you stay at the Dolphin. You will have a valid ticket for admission and a reservation for an "on-site" resort. Priority for having a ticket + resort reservation.

The way I read the AP discussion would be similar to how anyone with an AP could only make the FP+ reservations for up to 7 days but if you were staying "on-site", you get the same default length of stay.

You may not even have to renew your AP based on it being extended during the period of the closure.

Dave

So unfortunately when everything was up in the air I had called and got a partial refund for my fully paid AP. So I would assume since I’m getting a partial refund my pass will end at the original end date.

Well that is what Disney indicated when they announced the ability to request the refund for a partial AP. Just keep watch for the ability to renew your AP as it would be your valid ticket for admission in the new park reservation system.

Dave

I just booked July 29. They have to be kidding me. This whole thing has been so frustrating I am about to just cancel everything including my AP and get some money back. I know we are living in different times but I have played by all the rules put in place and then they just up and change the rules on me multiple times. ADRs cancelled, FP, cancelled. I have had multiple trips wrecked over Rona but now even trying to go while they should be open seems to not be a thing. Sorry for the rant...just incredibly frustrated.

The proposed timeline for MLS would match up. If they started on June 24th and played for 35 days then it would make the resorts (dolphin at least) available for the public starting July 29th. I looked on Marriott and Dolphin is showing rooms available but not Swan until August 12th.

The proposed timeline for MLS would match up. If they started on June 24th and played for 35 days then it would make the resorts (dolphin at least) available for the public starting July 29th. I looked on Marriott and Dolphin is showing rooms available but not Swan until August 12th.
That is what I saw as well when I booked 7/29 so I figured the Swan was blocked out for a sporting league.

I have August 1st- 8th booked at Dolphin. Haven’t received any type of cancellation notice and I hope I don’t. I do wonder how they worked it out between Marriott, Disney, and MLS.

@hedberg1661 I hear ya, guess I'm glad we got our Feb trip in. Nothing planned, until September 2021 and if we don't have a vaccine we won't be going then either. It's hard on everyone.
Yeah I lost one in March, May, and now perhaps July. The inability to resort hop for food and beverage seems silly to me. If you pass a temp check to get in (same to get in the parks) then what's the big deal? After July I have October and November but we shall see. If I can't go and use my AP it really doesn't make sense for me to keep it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!