Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have the same concern about our December Dolphin stay now. And we booked the Dolphin as a back-up for our POFQ reservation that's unlikely to happen. :guilty:
You should consider just having a Swan reservation since your Dolphin reservation may be moved over to the Swan if the Dolphin is not open during your dates.

It is always easier to run a single 750 room hotel vs an additional 1500+ hotel without convention / company meeting bookings.

Dave

You should consider just having a Swan reservation since your Dolphin reservation may be moved over to the Swan if the Dolphin is not open during your dates.

It is always easier to run a single 750 room hotel vs an additional 1500+ hotel without convention / company meeting bookings.

Dave

We're booked at Dolphin because Swan didn't have availability for our dates when our Dreams TA checked for us.

Can't disagree with your second point. I've got several years of Hilton/IHG property management under my belt and that's absolutely the move I would expect.

That is not a very large number (88) of Loss prevention officers based on the total number of guest rooms and the vast convention spaces between the two hotels.

Dave

That is not a very large number (88) of Loss prevention officers based on the total number of guest rooms and the vast convention spaces between the two hotels.

Dave
Dave is that their generic term for security? I've never worked around the hotel industry, so loss prevention to me deals with shoplifting or that type of theft. While I can totally see some theft at the hotels, having 88 just seemed like a huge number.

Last edited:
While it certainly makes sense to make contingency plans, remember that if you cancel your reservation based on reading about layoffs, any worry about whether the resort will be open may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The resort needs guest spending to retain its employees. Heartbreaking for sure.

While it certainly makes sense to make contingency plans, remember that if you cancel your reservation based on reading about layoffs, any worry about whether the resort will be open may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The resort needs guest spending to retain its employees. Heartbreaking for sure.
I love those hotels and do not plan on cancelling, but it still makes me nervous with the way 2020 is going!:crazy2: We're going around Christmas so pretty sure it'll be in high demand then.

Curious...have any recent visitors tried/had any luck negotiating down the daily resort fee or getting it waived due to the reduced amenities? Is the resort fee any different if you sign up for Bonvoy?

How easy is it to park at the Swan or Dolphin now without a hotel or dining reservation? My husband is looking for a way to get to the Epcot resort area early in the morning to train for a marathon while we are on vacation. We are staying at BLT, which has limited area to run. The WDW hotels are being strict, and the theme park parking lots are only opening about 45 minutes before park opening.

Can anyone tell me what are the current check in procedure. I’m just trying to make sure I have the right denominations for cash tips. Specifically upon check-in,(we are arriving by town car,)does anyone handle our luggage? Secondly what is the Housekeeping situation , is it daily? Thanks in advance

How easy is it to park at the Swan or Dolphin now without a hotel or dining reservation? My husband is looking for a way to get to the Epcot resort area early in the morning to train for a marathon while we are on vacation.
If you don't mind paying for self-parking the Swan does not really care. The fee is $27+ tax the daily parking rate. Also you can't leave and return without an extra charge as that is only valid for Swan & Dolphin overnight guets.

Dave

When we drove by the Swan Reserve last week, I thought it looked nicer than I anticipated given reports that it looked like an office building. They are adding some detailing in the glass to make it more interesting. IMO it's made to look like water though, so it must have been designed when it was still supposed to be called the Cove. It doesn't look like a resort though. It looks like a high end hotel in an urban area. It was definitely designed to appeal to convention groups.

It's weird that it's part of the Swan since it seems closer to the Dolphin. If you have to check in at the Swan it will be quite a hike over with your bags. If you can check in at the Reserve, how many people will go to the Swan first by mistake since they have the same name? I feel like they could have picked a less confusing name.

It's weird that it's part of the Swan since it seems closer to the Dolphin. If you have to check in at the Swan it will be quite a hike over with your bags. If you can check in at the Reserve, how many people will go to the Swan first by mistake since they have the same name? I feel like they could have picked a less confusing name.
It was built primarily on the old Tennis court area from the Swan (part of the Swan property plat) hence the tie to the Swan. The Reserve will have it's one entry off Epcot Resort Blvd, and very distinct lobby area much larger than the Swan's small narrow one.

Dave

When we drove by the Swan Reserve last week, I thought it looked nicer than I anticipated given reports that it looked like an office building. They are adding some detailing in the glass to make it more interesting. IMO it's made to look like water though, so it must have been designed when it was still supposed to be called the Cove. It doesn't look like a resort though. It looks like a high end hotel in an urban area. It was definitely designed to appeal to convention groups.

I wonder what the bus situation will be like; presumably, there will be a bus stop at the Swan Reserve, in addition to the Swan and Dolphin. With the added capacity, that could make the early morning buses, especially to the MK, even more packed, loaded to capacity, and SRO. They may have to add more buses/greater frequency to accommodate the traffic during peak travel periods. There also probably will be more guests boarding the FriendShip boats at the Swan/Dolphin dock.

Though the property will most likely be marketed to conferences/conventions, it could be attractive to larger families, as its 149 suites will be able to accommodate large families of 6 to 8 people.

It will be interesting to see how the room rates compare to the Swan and Dolphin.

Can anyone tell me what are the current check in procedure. I’m just trying to make sure I have the right denominations for cash tips. Specifically upon check-in,(we are arriving by town car,)does anyone handle our luggage? Secondly what is the Housekeeping situation , is it daily? Thanks in advance
I believe housekeeping is every three days. I arrived Friday and departed today (Monday) and did not receive housekeeping. You can request extra towels, coffee, water, etc. in between the cleanings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter