Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The last time I was at the Swan, the seating areas in the corridors which lead to the east and west elevators were still there - with the old, worn-out furniture replaced with new, very nice conventional (no pun intended) seating. I believe that the long table with decorative display and stools that are situated in the lobby, near the front desk, are more decorative, than functional.

There was also lots of new seating at tables, just outside of Il Mulino's, that was heavily utilized by conventioneers on their laptops.
Where is Java actually located? I'm straining my brain looking at the pictures, trying to imagine where it is. And the area you mentioned outside of Il Mulino's, now with Java not there, is the old Java area redone into a now larger seating area?

Where is Java actually located? I'm straining my brain looking at the pictures, trying to imagine where it is. And the area you mentioned outside of Il Mulino's, now with Java not there, is the old Java area redone into a now larger seating area?
The new Java is located off the lobby, near the front desk, but before the gift shop. A portion of the original gift shop space was used to build out the new Java. The former location of the Java coffee bar (near the exit to the causeway and Dolphin) is now home to "Chill," which is open from 3:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. every day. "Chill" serves adult beverages, as well as non-alcoholic beverages and light food options.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...k-counter-opens-at-disney-worlds-swan-resort/
The seating area I mentioned, that was used by conventioneers on laptops, was at the space on either side of the back doors, leading out to the causeway. Part of that seating area was where the Christmas display was normally located. That area was not the same as shown on the post on the Disney Food Blog.

The new Java is located off the lobby, near the front desk, but before the gift shop. A portion of the original gift shop space was used to build out the new Java. The former location of the Java coffee bar (near the exit to the causeway and Dolphin) is now home to "Chill," which is open from 3:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m. every day. "Chill" serves adult beverages, as well as non-alcoholic beverages and light food options.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...k-counter-opens-at-disney-worlds-swan-resort/
The seating area I mentioned, that was used by conventioneers on laptops, was at the space on either side of the back doors, leading out to the causeway. Part of that seating area was where the Christmas display was normally located. That area was not the same as shown on the post on the Disney Food Blog.
Very interesting, shoreward. Thanks for the update. Had no idea about Chill.

Where does chocolate Santa go now?

I forgot that area near the front desk used to be seating. The Swan has plenty of seating scattered about the ground floor but it is helpful to have a place to sit near the main entrance. Still, I like the intimacy of the Swan compared to the sprawling lobby of the Dolphin, as fun as it is to hang out there.

I'm curious to see how functional the whole area is when I'm there in April.

Whoop, whoop, back at Dolphin Jan. 21-25. Just booked a standard room so I'm guessing all probably have a view of ACs but as long as I'm at Disney, who cares. I'll admit on my last trip having a balcony with a view toward BW was pretty special but I'm semi-retired now so no up charges for me.

We were just there this past week and we said that the area looks tiny for a hotel to go into. I’m wondering if they’re going to make a bridge to the Swolphin pools because I don’t think they’d be able to fit a decent pool in that space.

They're putting it where the Swan tennis courts were, so, yeah, there's not much space (although it looks like they're shifting the parking lot a little to make a little more room).

Even though it's a separate tower with it's own parking lot, it's technically just an addition to the Swan (the full name is "The Cove at the Walt Disney World Swan"), so it will share the Swan/Dolphin pool area. Since it's where the Swan tennis courts were, there's already a walking path from the area to the pools.

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Dolphin and Wow! It was awesome! DH and I stayed there ten years ago pre-kids. We stayed at the Swan in 2017.
I will say that I was super nervous about staying there because since the Marriott takeover we haven’t had much luck with Sheratons. I was also reading TripAdvisor reviews, and a lot of them were scathing. I was actually almost dreading the stay.
I was there for a work conference and booked the no view plain room. I was upgraded to a view of Hollywood Studios in the West wing. It was an excellent location- close to pool, dining, buses, etc. The room was surprisingly spacious and clean (I’m super super nitpicky about cleanliness!) We had one issue with a stained shower curtain and they fixed it right away.
I waived housekeeping (opted for the points but I haven’t seen them yet), but I used the Bonvoy app to ask for towels and sheets a couple of times. It was so easy and efficient!
We only ate at Picabu but the nachos were amazing! It was pricey but not more so than any other area resort restaurant, and I would say that the quality was better than the Disney resort quick services. The people who worked there too were so friendly and welcoming!
The pool was huge yet nice and relaxing!
They had Christmas music playing and it was so fun and festive! My heart was full of Christmas Spirit!
The location can not be beat! We wound up scrapping some fast passes and plans to hang out on the boardwalk and explore the lobbies of the neighboring hotels. That is not our typical touring style at all, so it says a lot about the location that we didn’t that. So fun and relaxing! The friendship boats are super easy and the drivers on there were entertaining.

A few imperfections I’ll note...none of these are cause not to stay there by any means, just figured I’d list what would make it absolute perfection...
-The WiFi was spotty especially in the conference facilities which I found surprising
- the full sized beds were a bit to get used to
- some of the signage isn’t great so it was easy to get lost
- the bathroom door is a pain like most hotels. You had to bathe with it open in order to be able to get in and out and of the shower
Again, none of these are true “Cons” to the resort. Just imperfections that I noted.

Overall, I was so happy with our stay and can’t wait to go back! I’m having major withdrawal now back at work.

I even got a message from lost and found that we left something in the room (idk what it is yet), but I thought that was such a thoughtful touch!

@MarBee Thanks for the report, glad your stay went well! I think those Trip Advisor reviews are heavily based on those attending conventions. I read through a lot of them leading up to our 2018 stay. No doubt there were some bad rooms, but some of the complains were just crazy. I do hear you on the full beds, I was at a Marriott a couple months ago that had them... still scratching my head over why, but it was a heavy use conference hotel.

Just booked a few nights after Thanksgiving last minute. Starting prayers to the room view gods now... :rotfl:
Whoop, whoop, back at Dolphin Jan. 21-25. Just booked a standard room so I'm guessing all probably have a view of ACs but as long as I'm at Disney, who cares. I'll admit on my last trip having a balcony with a view toward BW was pretty special but I'm semi-retired now so no up charges for me.
Enjoy your upcoming trips. I wish I was booked also. Have fun. :beach:
Here are some good aerial shots of the Cove. Is it just me or does it seem very small?

Latest Aerial Look at The Cove Hotel Construction at Swan and Dolphin Complex; Foundation Work Begins (November 2019)
I agree. Given how popular a conference destination the Swan Dolphin are already, I am shocked that they didn't find the space and/or height to build a much larger complex.
They're putting it where the Swan tennis courts were, so, yeah, there's not much space (although it looks like they're shifting the parking lot a little to make a little more room).

Even though it's a separate tower with it's own parking lot, it's technically just an addition to the Swan (the full name is "The Cove at the Walt Disney World Swan"), so it will share the Swan/Dolphin pool area. Since it's where the Swan tennis courts were, there's already a walking path from the area to the pools.
It does look very small, Steve. Amazing small, at least from the photos here.
We were just there this past week and we said that the area looks tiny for a hotel to go into. I’m wondering if they’re going to make a bridge to the Swolphin pools because I don’t think they’d be able to fit a decent pool in that space.

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Dolphin and Wow! It was awesome! DH and I stayed there ten years ago pre-kids. We stayed at the Swan in 2017.
I will say that I was super nervous about staying there because since the Marriott takeover we haven’t had much luck with Sheratons. I was also reading TripAdvisor reviews, and a lot of them were scathing. I was actually almost dreading the stay.
I was there for a work conference and booked the no view plain room. I was upgraded to a view of Hollywood Studios in the West wing. It was an excellent location- close to pool, dining, buses, etc. The room was surprisingly spacious and clean (I’m super super nitpicky about cleanliness!) We had one issue with a stained shower curtain and they fixed it right away.
I waived housekeeping (opted for the points but I haven’t seen them yet), but I used the Bonvoy app to ask for towels and sheets a couple of times. It was so easy and efficient!
We only ate at Picabu but the nachos were amazing! It was pricey but not more so than any other area resort restaurant, and I would say that the quality was better than the Disney resort quick services. The people who worked there too were so friendly and welcoming!
The pool was huge yet nice and relaxing!
They had Christmas music playing and it was so fun and festive! My heart was full of Christmas Spirit!
The location can not be beat! We wound up scrapping some fast passes and plans to hang out on the boardwalk and explore the lobbies of the neighboring hotels. That is not our typical touring style at all, so it says a lot about the location that we didn’t that. So fun and relaxing! The friendship boats are super easy and the drivers on there were entertaining.

A few imperfections I’ll note...none of these are cause not to stay there by any means, just figured I’d list what would make it absolute perfection...
-The WiFi was spotty especially in the conference facilities which I found surprising
- the full sized beds were a bit to get used to
- some of the signage isn’t great so it was easy to get lost
- the bathroom door is a pain like most hotels. You had to bathe with it open in order to be able to get in and out and of the shower
Again, none of these are true “Cons” to the resort. Just imperfections that I noted.

Overall, I was so happy with our stay and can’t wait to go back! I’m having major withdrawal now back at work.

I even got a message from lost and found that we left something in the room (idk what it is yet), but I thought that was such a thoughtful touch!
Thanks for the great review, MarBee. Makes me homesick. Sounds like a great stay.

@MarBee Thanks for the report, glad your stay went well! I think those Trip Advisor reviews are heavily based on those attending conventions. I read through a lot of them leading up to our 2018 stay. No doubt there were some bad rooms, but some of the complains were just crazy. I do hear you on the full beds, I was at a Marriott a couple months ago that had them... still scratching my head over why, but it was a heavy use conference hotel.
FWIW I was there for a conference and then added on a few days afterwards for fun. The conference facilities were humongous! I could see being frustrated with trying to find things as the signage in that area isn’t great, and the WiFi was really terrible in some of the conferences rooms. Maybe frustration from conferences could spill over into the rest of the rooms. Who knows?
I do hope that anyone else who is getting anxious after reading the poor reviews reads mine and gets some peace of mind.

Chocolate Santa went up today. He is located in the same corner as usual going out to the boats. Right across from Chill and next to Il Mulino.

It"s a process. About 4-5 people with different pieces. The one girl was taking cotton snow out of a burlap bag and adding it to the display.

Chocolate Santa went up today. He is located in the same corner as usual going out to the boats. Right across from Chill and next to Il Mulino.

It"s a process. About 4-5 people with different pieces. The one girl was taking cotton snow out of a burlap bag and adding it to the display.
Thanks for the update, Mary! The tradition lives on!! :cool1: :santa:

Does it look like in the past??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!