Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if you can no longer return Alamo rental cars at the Dolphin? My father said he had booked a car at MCO and tried to pick the Dolphin as the return location, and was told that he had to return the car at Saratoga Springs. Is this a recent change, or is he mistaken?

Does anyone know if you can no longer return Alamo rental cars at the Dolphin? My father said he had booked a car at MCO and tried to pick the Dolphin as the return location, and was told that he had to return the car at Saratoga Springs. Is this a recent change, or is he mistaken?
I just went to the Alamo site, put in MCO to Dolphin and drop off there. Worked fine.

Thanks for the info about dropping off an Alamo rental at the Dolphin. I was just in the process of renting a car and had no idea I could return it there. That will be super convenient! I had no problem making the reservation and selecting WDW Dolphin as my return location.

I'd been pricing out and booking rentals from St Pete to Dolphin for a few months, no problems. I decided to book one for the week vs just the day drive from my conference WDW, but Alamo was substantially higher. :( Love that Costco Travel gives me choices of where to return and I can compare the four major rental car companies.

I'd been pricing out and booking rentals from St Pete to Dolphin for a few months, no problems. I decided to book one for the week vs just the day drive from my conference WDW, but Alamo was substantially higher. :( Love that Costco Travel gives me choices of where to return and I can compare the four major rental car companies.

Plus, they have those "best rate" color codes.
I'm not saying Costco is the best, but everything I've done with them has been easy as pie - even customizing one of their packages was simple. I had to call a csr because the site wouldn't allow the mods I needed, the csr basically knew what I needed, and explained that the site can't handle anything too complex on purpose. Love Costco Travel.

Does anyone have a picture of the Sofa Bed at Swan in the King Alcove that shows it pulled out? I want to see what the other area of the couch looks like with it pulled out to see if my daughter can sleep on that part of it.

I hope this question makes sense ...

I'm renting a car from National at the Dolphin to drive us back to the airport from the Swan. Our flight is early so I have to pick up the car the day before. I had to do this last trip as well, but it didn't occur to me until after I got the car from the valet that I'd have to pay to park it at the swan overnight.

Can I do the paperwork at the National desk and then just not ask the valet to grab the car until the next morning? That way I'd avoid paying the parking fee.

(Part of the reason I want to avoid it is that once I triggered the parking thing the Swan charged me the parking fee for every night of our stay even though we only had a car one night. Took us weeks to get it straightened out after we got home.)

I hope this question makes sense ...

I'm renting a car from National at the Dolphin to drive us back to the airport from the Swan. Our flight is early so I have to pick up the car the day before. I had to do this last trip as well, but it didn't occur to me until after I got the car from the valet that I'd have to pay to park it at the swan overnight.

Can I do the paperwork at the National desk and then just not ask the valet to grab the car until the next morning? That way I'd avoid paying the parking fee.

(Part of the reason I want to avoid it is that once I triggered the parking thing the Swan charged me the parking fee for every night of our stay even though we only had a car one night. Took us weeks to get it straightened out after we got home.)
If you try to book a car for pick-up before the National/Alamo counter opens at the Dolphin (8:00 a.m.), the system will prevent you and advise you need to change your pick-up time. I have seen the Alamo/National van at some resorts. You could possibly be picked up and driven to the Car Care Center to get a car; that location opens at 6:00 a.m., if that would be early enough for your departure time.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/

We are staying at The Dolphin and prepping for Hollywood Studios tomorrow. What’s the fastest route for walking there? I saw mention of a walking path in the Boardwalk area, but our Lyft driver said we should walk out of the front of the hotel and across the street?

We are staying at The Dolphin and prepping for Hollywood Studios tomorrow. What’s the fastest route for walking there? I saw mention of a walking path in the Boardwalk area, but our Lyft driver said we should walk out of the front of the hotel and across the street?
The walking path goes behind the Boardwalk Inn. Take the bridge from the Dolphin to the Boardwalk, and right after you pass under the Boardwalk sign, turn right, and follow the sidewalk all the way to Hollywood Studios.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28....e26bc0f2d0!2m2!1d-81.5579146!2d28.3588736!3e2

If by front of the hotel he meant to walk on Epcot Resort Blvd, I do not think that would be the most effective way to get to the studios. That road does not lead to the guest parking area, it goes into a cast member area. So, you would still have to walk down Buena Vista to get to the walking path. I would think the walking path would be the most effective. It was built on purpose for people to travel from the Epcot resort area over to DHS.

Does anyone know the location of the Alcove suites with attached resort room at the Swan? are they on the "corners" with double windows?
Also, does the connecting room have a balcony and two queen beds?

Thanks!

Yes, in the alcove room we had last fall. There was one opposite the bed and one opposite the sofa bed.

Were you in an alcove room at the Swan or Dolphin? Was it a corner room like they show in the pictures? Did you also have the second room?

(We've booked alcove rooms, but keep getting upgraded from them. So we still haven't stayed in one despite trying! LOL)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!