Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

They're doing construction during the WDW shutdown. All Disney construction (of which there is a LOT) shut down but not this project.
Awesome! This may have been previously addressed but I’m being lazy instead of investigating. When is the ETA for this opening?

Awesome! This may have been previously addressed but I’m being lazy instead of investigating. When is the ETA for this opening?
This early article said March, 2021. Not sure if that is an aggressive date now or an attainable date now. But at least at the time it was a stated date of expected completion.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...-swan-and-dolphin-addition-named-the-cove.htm
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-information-questions.3264274/post-60000931

Does it seem like building the Cove in the Swan parking lot then building a parking garage where the Cove is at might have made more sense? I know it doesn't all fight right but the Cove sure seems to be in an odd place for a near water named resort.

Those of us booked at Swan/Dolphin in 2020 may be in a tricky situation with the new reservation system. Disney has announced that the fast pass system and dining reservations will be cancelled for the remainder of the year. Guests will need to book a reservation to enter the the theme parks. In tonight's announcement, they said that guests with resort reservations will get 'first dibs' on booking these park reservations. Do you think those of us with Swan/Dolphin reservations would qualify? I'm worried that we'll not be able to book reservations until Disney hotel guests book first, putting us at a disadvantage :( Thoughts?

If I don't have any tickets linked to my November Dolphin stay, do I not count for this new reservation system?

I have an October Swan room only reservation already linked to MDE. I just got an email from Disney Destinations saying they would be canceling all of my dining reservations and be in touch later with more information on how to book dining 60 days out. When I called Disney they said I would be able to add tickets later.

I have an October Swan room only reservation already linked to MDE. I just got an email from Disney Destinations saying they would be canceling all of my dining reservations and be in touch later with more information on how to book dining 60 days out. When I called Disney they said I would be able to add tickets later.
interesting info, thank you.

If anyone reaches someone with the Swan/Dolphin can you please report back what you hear? I have a reservation for the Swan in November and am wondering if they will be classified as a Disney resort or not.

If anyone reaches someone with the Swan/Dolphin can you please report back what you hear? I have a reservation for the Swan in November and am wondering if they will be classified as a Disney resort or not.
They are classified as Disney Resorts for all Disney benefits except the Magical Express, room charge back from the parks and free Magic bands.

I haven't heard back from the Swan yet (only emailed, haven't had time to call yet; busy at home helping DD finish up school for the year), but Disney Food Blog posted this:

"Walt Disney World Partner Hotels
What does this mean for guests who have booked stays at non-Disney operated hotels such as Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort as well as Shades of Green? Remember — while these properties are situated on Disney World’s property, they’re only partnered with the resort.

We reached out to Disney World today to get some answers. We chatted with a Cast Member who told us guests staying at Disney World’s partner hotels will also count as resort guests. "

The same story repeatedly stated that guests needed to have rooms booked at Disney resorts AND already purchased tickets to have priority in the reservation system. Hope this helps some people wondering how Swan/Dolphin guests will be treated!

I haven't heard back from the Swan yet (only emailed, haven't had time to call yet; busy at home helping DD finish up school for the year), but Disney Food Blog posted this:

What does this mean for guests who have booked stays at non-Disney operated hotels such as Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort as well as Shades of Green? Remember — while these properties are situated on Disney World’s property, they’re only partnered with the resort.

We reached out to Disney World today to get some answers. We chatted with a Cast Member who told us guests staying at Disney World’s partner hotels will also count as resort guests. "

The same story repeatedly stated that guests needed to have rooms booked at Disney resorts AND already purchased tickets to have priority in the reservation system. Hope this helps some people wondering how Swan/Dolphin guests will be treated!
I have a room booked but not tickets. Interested how this will play out. I got the email about my dining getting cancelled for November.

I have a room booked at the Dolphin for December 13-18. So happy that I haven't rented DVC points for this time frame, and can cancel if I don't like how things are progressing. Also, pretty happy to be staying at the Dolphin! I stayed for two nights in February, and had a great time.

I hope this is true I have Swan booked for September and an AP all linked in MDE app before the opening announcement this week.

I have a room booked at the Dolphin for /August from my canceled May trip. It is me and two children on the reservation but I only have tickets purchased and linked for me and one of my kids. I hope they will let me purchase a ticket for my other child. If not I’ll have to cancel.

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen this.

We have four people going, 3 with active annual passes and the fourth person hadn't gotten a ticket yet so I'm wondering how this all will go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts