Walt's - an American Restaurant

Now I was really really looking forward to this meal. We booked for 9pm on the saturday night as the park was open late. We got there at 5 to 9 and were left sitting downstair for ages we then were told to go up we struggled getting into the lift with our pram (DD was sleeping), as it has one big door that opens outward and then two doors that open inwards and no one thought to hold the big door so I could get the smaller doors so DH could get DD in without waking her.

We went upstairs and were greeted by a member of staff chatting on his phone who pointed to our table and passed us menus still on the phone.

When our waitress finally arrived we were parched from getting there to getting some drinks was 40min. We had premium vouchers and were told we could order what we wanted off the menu but alchol wasn't included. We also had to order our deserts whilst ordering our starters and mains! So we got two soft drinks, a bottle of wine (the cheapest on menu 16euros). DH ordered the goats cheese with vegetables and said it was overcooked and the veggies had gone slimy. I ordered the bruchetta which consisted of a piece of dry toasted baguette with a smear of pesto underneath on the plate and a mountain of parmesan shavings and serrano ham on top and a pile of rocket to the side. It was tasty but very dry. Nearly as soon as we put our forks down they came out with our main courses and just swapped them with the empty starter plates.

For mains DH order the I bone steak which is a piece of sirloin and a piece of fillet. He ordered it rare and it came welldone but by this time we were past caring. Oh and it was the thinnest bit of fillet we'd ever seen and the bearnaise sauce had split. I order the veal escalope and it wasn't nice but that was probably partly my fault as to me a veal escalop is breaded and fried in butter. We this was something else it was two pieces of tough grey meat on top of 4 spears of overcooked asparagus again the the tiny amount of bearnaise sauce smeared over the bottom of my plate was unlike any sauce i'd ever tasted. The one thing i did enjoy about this course was the little cherry tomatos stuffed with crab meat.

For deserts we both order the desert concerto I think it was called which was like a coffee goumand with out the coffee. it consisted of a macaroon (lovely) a creme brule (actually an egg custard), a shot glass fruit smoothie (nothing special) and a mouthful of cheese cake (lovely).

We then had a coffee each which came out with a little chocolate mickey in it which was a nice touch ready to cushion us for the bill!!! The whole lot came to over a 100euros but we had to paid for the wine and coffees (Ps my coffee was euro more the DH just for some milk in it!).

When we got out we realised that it was only 10.30 so from ordering to kicking us out we were only there an hour, and its not as if they we closing there were still plenty of ppl in there and the last reservation you could book as 9.15. We were very disappointed with the whole experience of this meal and would have probably expected the rushing had it been a busy lunch time but not when the restaurant was only half full.

PS the restaurant theming was beautiful and I especially enjoyed looking around the photos of walt whilst we were waiting for our table (Until a little kid started slamming the piano keys!, oh and another one jumped in the seat I had been sitting in next to my DD in her pram and tried poking her!)

I finally got my meal in Walts! :banana: I have to say, it was completely worth the wait. I adored it!

We arrived a little ahead of our reservation time for lunch, but we were invited in to sit in the lobby which is decorated beautifully. After a few minutes, were invited to head upstairs where we were shown to our table in the Main Street room:

We even got a window seat, which was lovely as we saw the Party Train go past a couple of times, and we spent a bit of time people watching and enjoying watching the world go by!

We both had cocktails, and also a bottle of water:

To start, Robert opted for the Serrano ham which he really enjoyed. The ham was really good quality and really tasty (And yes, I stole some!):

I opted for the Crispy Prawns with Guacamole and citrus fruit, which was really delicious...

For mains, I enjoyed the best salmon I have ever tasted! It was cooked on lemongrass stalks and was served with preserved lemon mash, vegetables and a butter sauce (Mmmmmmmmmm!):

Robert went for the Gourmet Burger... He took the Foie Gras off, and said that it was absolutely delicious (And he was thrilled to finally get a little jar of ketchup!):

Desserts were next... Robert opted for the frozen pistachio and chocolate cream dessert, which he said was really tasty and a lovely finish to his meal:

I opted for the dessert concerto selection which was absolutely gorgeous!

I even photographed them individually to give a mini review of each (What? Don't look at me like that! :laughing:):

The fruit smoothie was delicious- Really fruity and packed with zing... Very yummy!

My mini creme brulee, macaroon and chocolate lattice- All very lovely. Not too sweet, so a lovely balance with the smoothie.

Now, the cheesecake. This surprised me. I don't normally like cheesecake at all, but this was absolutely amazing. The combination of the texture of the cheesecake with the caramel popcorn and tart raspberry coulis, was just the most fantastic way to end my meal. Absolutely heavenly!

Service was exceptionally good here, our waitress was very helpful and genuinely interested in whether or not we were enjoying our holiday, asking if we'd been before, what did we think of the restaurant, etc... A lovely lady! Every member of staff we encountered at Walts was just fabulous.

The total bill was 99.60Euro and I can honestly say I didn't begrudge a single cent of it. I cannot wait to return to Walts.

Bob xoxoxo​

We ate here on Monday 15th at 3.45pm. This was the latest booking time possible. We asked for a window seat, although the parade was not until 5pm. We were given a window seat in the Frontierland room.

There were 2 adults, a 12 year old and an 11 year old, but we all ended up eating from the adult menu.

The 2 girls decided to share a Caesar salad for starters,

100_3392.jpg

while my sister had the prawns

100_3391.jpg

and I had a tasting plate.

100_3394.jpg

We all completely cleared our plates as they were all delicious.

For my main course I had the fillet of beef on an onion type sauce

100_3398.jpg

while the other 3 opted for the seven hour lamb

100_3397.jpg

All mains were also very tasty.

I didn't take photos of the desserts for some reason, but the girls had Mickey waffles and my sister had profiteroles, which I helped her with. :rolleyes1

Whilst we ate these the parade passed. The waitress didn't hurry us at all - there was no suggestion that we should leave before the parade was over.

The total for this meal was 125.80 Euro. Admittedly we had only water to drink, but I don't consider that a bad price for 4 people eating off the adult menu.

15% was then taken off for my shareholders card and we used vouchers intended for Counter Service meals off the remainder of the price (3 adult and 1 child voucher) so the total we had to pay was just 88 Euros.

Lovely lovely place and meals. I will be back as soon as possible. ::yes::

Ate here for lunch on Thurs 18th March. This was my favourite meal of the trip. The food was beyond delicious and the decor is wonderful. All the detail of Walt as you go up the stairs was interesting. We were in the Discoveryland room with a window seat overlooking Main Street. As we were eating the Main Street vehicles went up and down with characters in. We used HB+ dinner vouchers and paid extra for DD's apple juice and a coffee each which was by a long way the best coffee we had the whole trip. DH had the bisque and I had the goats cheese, followed by two steaks and two cheesecakes. DD ate off our plates. It is a nicely 'grown up' restaurant but there was never any problem with DD, just under 2. Our waiter was fantastic and well suited to the style of restaurant. I will definitely visit again.

DisneylandParisMarch2010622.jpg

DisneylandParisMarch2010615.jpg

WaltsHBMenu.jpg

WaltsKids.jpg

WaltsTeens.jpg

We ate here on Wednesday 12th March 2010 and it was by far the best meal of our trip!

We had the quick lunch which was a bargain at 19.90 Euros!!

I ordered the duck breast which was ... :cloud9:

Mum had the asparagus risotto which she loved too!

This was followed by coffee gourmande!

DD had the childrens pasta & ice cream.

We had a window table so DD could watch the All Star Express Train go by!!

Would go back here again and again - it was wonderful!!!

Total cost was 46.58 Euros after shareholder discount - fantastic!! :thumbsup2

Ate here in June. Only open for lunch, although we were charged the dinner rate because our reservation was after 3pm. Hmm...

Food: I have to say that we all enjoyed our food and it was cooked well. The NY cheesecake is especially good.

Service: Of all the restaurants we went to, and there were so many, we had to get the grouchy French waitress at this one! She demanded we order all three courses from begining, including dessert, and then let the table next to us pick their courses as they wished. Her snobby attitude most certainly put a damper on our meal; however, the food made up for that!

Setting: Lovely restaurant & the view of the parade from our window was amazing. Several of the princesses waved at my toddler, which made it quite special.

Would recommend.

Ate here yesterday for a late lunch / early dinner so sneaked at at 3pm while the 19.95 euro menu was still on. Although saying that, while the menu board outside was advertising this menu, there was no mention of it in the menu I was given at the table. When I asked though, they did let us order from these choices as otherwise it would have been a very pricey lunch!

We were lucky and were given a window table over looking Main Street so got to see the Express Train go past and back while we were seated.

The children had the fish fillet in breadcrumbs from the 10.50 menu which came with a melon starter and choice of dessert plus drink. Both of them ate everything which speaks volumes as they can be quite fussy eaters!

We both had the steak with bernaise sauce which was delicious and melted in the mouth. The little thyme and lemon potatoes were lovely and crisp on the outside but fluffy in the middle - just how I like them.

The selection of petit fours with the Cafe Gourmand were lovely too, just a taste of something sweet (or very sour in the case of the raspberry sorbet - yummy) to finish off with.

The decor and atmosphere was lovely. The pictures of Walt and the history of the parks is a really nice touch - the children were thrilled to be tinkering with Walt's own real piano!

The staff were helpful but slighly "offish" in that stereotypical French way (no offence intended) but it didn't marr the experience, just reminded us that we weren't in America. Probably the most formal restaurant we ate in all trip.

Would definately recommend this restaurant as the food was great quality although probably one for the grown ups and older children as, while smaller children were catered for, I felt as though the hushed ambience was not too suited to the giddiness that close proximity to Disneyland prompts in my girls.:cheer2:

walts is now without a doubt my most favourite place to eat in dlp

we ate here on thursday 7th of october at half three. the restaraunt was really quiet. we were seating in a small dining room to the left of where the waitress stand is. we were given our choice of window seat. our waitress was so nice, she spent some time talking to ashleigh.

the decor is really fantastic. it is really a beautiful place to eat

the food was delicious. i had the express menu and had the rump steak slice with potatoes and side salad. it also came with a cafe gourmond, i asked for tea. ash had the kids meal with melon for starters, pasta for main and ice cream for dessert.

ashleigh didnt really like the pasta, it was raviolli, but she ate the plain bits and then asked to share my steak which she loved. she told the waitress next time she is ordering steak as it was so yummy lol.

this is on our must do list for next time

Unfortunately we had a bit of a disaster at Walts in October. For whatever reason the staff were having an off day. It took 2 hours to serve the meal and it came in dribbs and drabs. The kids oredered the main and side then when no side arriver we were told you dont get a side with the pasta, but they didnt tell us that when we ordered. When were there early evening and by the time we left things seemed to be getting quite fraught with lots of people waiting to get in or get served.

A pity really because the food was very nice, it seemd much more organised when I popped my head in the door the following day.

We ate here 3pm on Wednesday November 10th.
We were seated in the "Discovery" room and it was only us and another family eating there.
I love the ambience as well as the food in Walts and IMHO it really isn't stuffy- we were there with two 7 year olds who both enjoyed it and cleared their plates!

I had a beautiful Crab Tartare for starters

DSCF6826.jpg

DH had a trilogy of starters- which included a "creme brulee" foie gras

DSCF6825.jpg

For my main I had the Scallops- they were perfectly cooked though the sauce (which was lovely) was perhaps a little heavy for lunch

DSCF6828.jpg

DH had the Walts Gourmet Burger which he really enjoyed

DSCF6827.jpg

DS had the kids menu beefburger option and DN had the kids cheese Tortellini. They both had the icecream for pud

DSCF6830.jpg

I had the best dessert of the holiday- a scrummy chocolate cake/souffle

DSCF6834.jpg

We really enjoyed our meal- it is a firm favourite. The only thing I would like to see is a slightly bigger menu choice.

We finally managed to eat at Walts for lunch on Friday 12th November 2010. Walts had eluded us in 2009, being closed every day, and again at the start of this trip, so we were all very relieved to find it open!
This restaurant is so beautiful. We are actually really glad that this ended up being our last meal, because it was such a magical place. We were seated in the Fantasyland room, which after a look round the others we decided was our favourite (although they are all lovely in their own way). We enjoyed a beautiful long lunch with wine and a great conversation about our favourite parts of the trip.
102_4401.jpg

Mum had a Caesar salad (it’s the only flippin thing she eats), which she said was lovely. Sister ordered the rump steak well done, it came out more medium but the CM whisked it away when we asked for it to be cooked a bit more, and was soon back with a fresh one that was cooked perfectly. She loved it! I went for the duck breast – it was amazing, cooked the perfect shade of pink with a delicious sauce, risotto and a great selection of vegetables.
102_4402.jpg

102_4403.jpg

For dessert I had the cheesecake, it was a proper New York cheesecake, thick and rich and although it was lovely I struggled to finish it after the duck. Sister had chocolate cake which she loved, and mum had the Millefeuille which she declared to be the best dessert she had ever had in her life.
102_4404.jpg

102_4405.jpg

102_4406.jpg

The meal was amazing, a very relaxing experience in beautiful surroundings and we were extremely full when we reluctantly left after 2 hours!

We ate here on Wednesday March 3rd at 3.30pm and ate off the half board menu. We were seated in the Main St room.

We both had Ceasar Salad to start which was very tasty. The dressing was very tasty and the addition of boiled egg was very nice.

For Mains I had the chicken with morel mushrooms and sweet potatoe gratin. This gratin was simply gorgeous. Really loved it. The sauce was fantastic and the chicken cooked beautifully.
My friend has the Steak with red wine sauce and had fries instead of the Anna potatoes. She really enjoyed this dish.

For dessert I had the cheesecake. It was glorious. The biscuit base had bits like the hard layer on a creme brulee in it. It was fabulous. I would have licked the plate only for we were meant to be acting classy given the surroundings!!!
Elaine had the chocolate cake which looked and (i presume) tasted gorgeous.... She wouldnt share!!!

We had a coke and a fanta and the bill with our HB standard vouchers was approx €15 which was very good for the quality. We will return!!

And the last update for now is my favourite restaurant :cloud9:

The Formule Express

(40 minutes lunch)

Disney13052011017.jpg

The Menus

Disney13052011018.jpg

Disney13052011019.jpg

A la carte - Starters and Mains

Disney13052011020.jpg

Desserts

Disney13052011021.jpg

Childrens Menu

Disney13052011022.jpg

We ate here at the end of May 2011.

copied from my trip report

I thought the awnings covering Walt's whilst it was being refurbished looked good.

DLP31.jpg

We were seated in Frontierland, we've always been in here so it would be nice to be in a different room but as I could see the other rooms weren't open there was no point asking.

DLP32.jpg

We weren't fussed about a window seat seeing as we've always had one before but we were given one and we weren't going to refuse it, especially as a lot of the awning had already been removed. Our window was the right hand one over the balcony.

DLP31a.jpg

Now on to the important stuff - food!!

We were given the usual bread basket with Disney butter

DLP35.jpg

for her starter Samantha had Caesar Salad Romaine lettuce with grilled chicken and Parmigiano Reggiano, caesar dresssing with anchovies

DLP36.jpg

Bryan and I both chose Glendale's Crabmeat and herb tartar, crisp Asian salad

DLP37.jpg

For main course Bryan, Danielle and Francesca all chose Walt's Gourmet Burger Pan-seared fois gras, ground beef, confit pepper, red onion, whole-grain bread but they opted to have it without the fois gras

DLP38.jpg

Samantha chose Town Square's Bass Bass fillet, beurre blanc with sage, red rice and baby spinach

DLP39.jpg

and I had Sharon's Risotto Creamy asparagus risotto with morels

DLP40.jpg

which was absolutely gorgeous.

Danielle was too stuffed to have a pud but the rest of us managed one!

Bryan and Samantha both had Strawberry Lilly Puff pastry with strawberries and mascarpone, balsamic-caramel sauce with maniguette pepper

DLP41.jpg

Samantha had actually ordered the 1901 cheesecake but after the CM had taken her order he discovered the kitchen had run out. She was quite happy to choose this instead but it was only later when looking at our bill we found we'd not been charged for her dessert, what a lovely gesture.

Anyone who knows me knows that if there's a creme brulee on the menu I'll always be first in line. Francesca seems to have inherited my love for them too, so we both had Creme brulee Diane Disney Miller Creme brulee with raspberries, rosemary infusion

DLP42.jpg

which was delicious especially when washed down with a Blue Glow-Tini

DLP33.jpg

and a Captain's Mai Tai.

DLP34.jpg

This is definitely my favourite restaurant at DLP and the only reason we ate here today instead of tomorrow on my birthday is because it's not open.

Although the restaurant was now closed for the day our CM asked if we'd like to stay behind to watch the parade provided we didn't mind him setting the tables up for tomorrow around us. Mind??? We decided we could put up with that! :rotfl: We hadn't planned on watching the parade this trip so it was a real unexpected treat to see it. As we were leaving our CM asked if we were coming back on Wednesday. I told him I wished we were but we'd be back home by then :sad2: but that if we come back to to DLP next year this is always number one restaurant on our list.

We ate here on the 1st April. I'm afraid we didn't have a great experience partly because my son fell off his chair and whacked his head on the fireplace. Anyway can't blame that on the restaurant! But...

Items were missed from the children's meals
They forgot my starter and served my main at the same time as my wife's starter.
Because they mucked up the order I think the main they had served too early was just reheated. The bun on the gourmet burger was rock hard.
Went to the area at the top of stairs to pay bill and after handing over the money had to wait an eternity to get back the change.
They generally seemed a bit disorganised - they left the drinks off the bill as an example.

However the food that we had, other than the burger, was very nice. I would give them another go, maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

We ate here on Wednesday 9th May 2012

We had tried to book a table that morning, but been told that it was fully booked. DH then popped in at about 18:45 that evening and we were told that a table was available :thumbsup2 Very lucky for us and I was very excited as I love it in here :yay:

2012_0510Disney120438.jpg

Luckily we were shown to a table beside the window overlooking Main St which meant we'd be able to watch the parade :cool1:

2012_0510Disney120439.jpg

2012_0510Disney120440.jpg

I was very happy to be here

2012_0510Disney120442.jpg

2012_0510Disney120444.jpg

Our server was very good, and took our order quickly, followed by our drinks and a bread basket.

Lewis had the kids menu and didn't really fancy any of the starters, so we just picked the cucumber and bread sticks. However I think they brought the other starter, salmon. He wasn't fussed so we didn't send it back. He was too busy watching the parade :laughing: The kids meal used to be on a Mickey shaped plate where they bring out the starter, main and dessert together. They don't do this any more which is quite good.

Lewis' starter

2012_0510Disney120448.jpg

Lewis' main, cheeseburger

2012_0510Disney120458.jpg

Abbey, John and I all had the grilled sirloin steak with bearnaise sauce, well done. It was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by us all.

2012_0510Disney120457.jpg

Lewis' dessert, flan au chocolat

2012_0510Disney120461.jpg

My dessert, Walts gourmet selection: Creme brulee, warm chocolate cake, fresh fruit salad and mini macaroon - gorgeous

2012_0510Disney120460.jpg

Total bill 93.13E including shareholders discount.

Everything was served quickly and the whole meal, setting and view of the parade was a perfect end to our holiday. First class again, and we will be back :goodvibes

We ate here on Tuesday 5th June 2012 at 6pm.

I had booked for 6pm in the hope of getting a table by the window to watch the parade however when we arrived I didn't ask and heard them telling people behind us that there were no window seats left. We were very pleasantly surprised when we were shown to a table by the window in the frontierland room. :goodvibes

We ordered and our food came quickly. The children all had cucumber and breadsticks then fish and chips and flan ou chocolat. The fish and chips was good and came with a little jar of ketchup and a little jar of mayonnaise on each plate. The dessert was good although it wasn't what I think of as a flan it was really a chocolate mousse. I ordered a steak and a gourmet tea and DH also had a steak (although more expensive than mine!) plus a starter which I can't remember and the gourmet selection for dessert. All our food was very well cooked and served quickly - we will certainly eat here again. :love: The timing of our meal was great as we had finished and paid within 10 minutes of the parade finishing.

I used our dream passes for discount and we paid a total of E110 I did forget to ask for our aperitifs here and the waitress didn't offer them even though we had showed her our passes before ordering. I have to say though she did seem a bit inexperienced so maybe she just didn't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!