Wand questions- tips with storage, lockers, & using old wand

KMc Charlotte

Earning My Ears
We were at Universal in June 2017 and purchased wands then for my kids. We'll be returning this June and I thought I'd consult the experts for some tips.

1. Whats the best way to tote around those wands in the parks? I know those tips are fragile, so they need to be protected. I thought it was a little bit of a PITA to carry those wands around (of course, Mom was carrying them when not in HP areas).

2. Any suggestions for dealing with the lockers? Last time it was challenging getting those wands in the lockers. Are the small ones deep enough to accomodate wands?

3. Will our wands from 2 years ago still work? If it no longer works, will Ollivanders be able to fix it, or do we need to shell out for a new one?

4. We've lost the wand maps, can we get a new one?

5. Finally, are there any new features to the wands made in the last 2 years? Wondering if there is an upgrade, or if 2 year old interactive wands are the same as the ones currently being sold.

Thank you!

Wands should fit into the lockers, also Universal also had recently redone the lockers, so that might make a difference.

Your wands should work, however if they do not a "wandmaker" can "fix" your wand. You can also get maps in Ollivanders.

There are no new features made within the last two years that I know of, but maybe another wizard here can confirm that, if not, I suggest to see if there is anything you missed last time.

Unfortunately, I do not know the best way to tote a wand, as typically I see people just carrying them in bags, or holding them.

I have some input on wand carrying.

I looked into buying a leather wand holster after seeing a few people in the parks with different styles and even saw them being sold in a little shop just outside Hogsmeade nearer Poseidon's Fury. You can find wand holsters being sold places like ebay and etsy. I ended up making ours out of fabric that looks like leather (Pleather!). The holsters are best used on a belt or attached to a belt loop with a carabiner. I feel like the cover keeps them from getting scratched or banged up when we place them in the lockers too.

HTH :)

The intetactive wands are well made and not fragile, except for the tip. It’s just plastic. I’ve dropped mine and it wasn’t even scratched. I just throw it in my knapsack or lunchbox, whichever I have that day, no box or any protection. If my bag is too small for the wand, I’ll bring it in the wand bag I got at purchase. I do keep it in the box if I do that. If the tip breaks it can be “fixed.” Just be careful in how you pack it so it doesn’t break in half, though if that were to happen I’ve heard they’ll still “fix” it.

Nothing new in the last two years. Unless Universal changes the technology, as long as you haven’t damaged the tip, the wand will work indefinitely and there’s no need to buy new ones. Wands and boxes will fit in all lockers; wand bags get crushed but you can always get a new one.

Just another option - there are lockers you can rent for cost available at the front of each park. They would easily fit in there so you don't have to carry it around all day.

The intetactive wands are well made and not fragile

We have some of each, and as far as I can tell the interactive vs not interactive are made of the same resin.

My son dropped one of his at home and it broke quite easily. So I disagree with it being not fragile.

I have some input on wand carrying.

I looked into buying a leather wand holster after seeing a few people in the parks with different styles and even saw them being sold in a little shop just outside Hogsmeade nearer Poseidon's Fury. You can find wand holsters being sold places like ebay and etsy. I ended up making ours out of fabric that looks like leather (Pleather!). The holsters are best used on a belt or attached to a belt loop with a carabiner. I feel like the cover keeps them from getting scratched or banged up when we place them in the lockers too.

HTH :)

Good advice.
My sons both got the wand holsters in that little shop. They are a little pricey there (I think ranging from $25-60), but they worked well for us attached to a belt loop or even lanyard with a carabiner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter