Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

I'm not sure what your point is. Personally, for me, the Club Level is worth it. It's OK if it isn't for you.

If you can afford it, great for you. I'd rather take frequent vacations than to save up for years for a very expensive room I'm only going to sleep in. What's hard to understand?

But most of what you say here doesn't have anything to do with anything I said.
1. I didn't say what Walt would do. How many times do I have to repeat that?
2. Obviously vacation affordability is subjective.
3. I never tried to define what $$$ of vacation is affordable for others. But that's a total rabbit hole.

If you are going to invite me down that rabbit hole...

The GoLinx bus still has drop offs on WDW property. A fixed route all-day GoLinx bus pass costs $2.25. Once you are on WDW property, there are a number of completely free things to do: walk around Disney Springs, visit the hotels, walk around the boardwalk, see the fireworks from the Grand Floridian or the monorail platform, listen to music in the GF lobby, observe the animals at AKL, see an outdoor movie..There are many DIS threads on the subject of free (and low cost) things to do at WDW.

There's also still a Mc Donald's on WDW property. I haven't been there recently, but I imagine they have the same $1 menu as every other McD's in the USA.

It is entirely possible to spend a whole day on WDW property for under $5, including food and transportation.
Maybe I misunderstood your post, but I thought you were saying that Walt would have wanted it to be “affordable”?

By my count, CL rooms are about 3% of all rooms. (around 900 out of 30,800 total rooms).

I couldn't find a definitive number of CL rooms, but @GADisneyDad14 did a count and said ~700. So I used that.

They are going to be disproportionately weighted toward the same 5-10 attractions, over and over again.

Absolutely.

Will any of this impact the people at the 60 day mark? Probably not in terms of overall ability to get a pass. But it may limit the time period that you find available.

We don't know, because we don't know whether these new FPs come from the general pool. My speculation is no, but I only speculate that because according to reports you cannot modify them yourself and always need to call DSS to change them. Added to that, reports are these FPs are listed in a separate FP section of MDE. It's very possible that (just like anytime FPs), there is zero impact to the total number of FPs.

And to go a step farther, if these new FPs are created on demand (and not from the pool), it could actually make 60+ day availability BETTER (though probably not to a perceptible level). I say this because as you said, everyone (almost) doing this will have gotten FOP using this method (and sleep in at 60 days and not grab one from the general pool).

But again, the very worst case is 2% of 60 day capacity would be reduced. And <0.5% of total FP capacity. No one would notice this. And that is if ALL CL guests use this, which they won't. Check out the CL thread, most people (maybe 2:1) are saying they will NOT use this.

Won't the strategy be for people to use their extras in the afternoon so that they can burn through their other 3 in the morning, thus triggering the ability to get additional SDFPs?

That would not be my strategy, no. There is no consensus on the "best" way to use the standard 3 FPs and I'm sure everyone who partakes will use these new FPs differently.

I couldn't find a definitive number of CL rooms, but @GADisneyDad14 did a count and said ~700. So I used that.
I found a website that listed the Disney CL number at around 750. But that didn't include the Swan and Dolphin, (the latter of which is a huge hotel), so I think the number is safely above 900. No matter.

We don't know, because we don't know whether these new FPs come from the general pool. My speculation is no, but I only speculate that because according to reports you cannot modify them yourself and always need to call DSS to change them. Added to that, reports are these FPs are listed in a separate FP section of MDE. It's very possible that (just like anytime FPs), there is zero impact to the total number of FPs.
Well, if we assume that the new FPs are going to be minted from the clear blue sky, we wish away the issue and declare that there will be no downstream impact. If you are correct, then that ends the debate. But if not, then there has to be an impact somewhere down the line. If 10,000 FPs used to be doled out to the 60 day and 30 day people, and now that number is 9,000, there is an impact, plain and simple. But it probably works like a game of musical chairs with 1,000 participants and 999 chairs. If you get a chair, then there is "no impact". If you are the one who doesn't get a chair, there was an impact.

As for the situation downstream improving because the 90 day people won't be in the 60/30 day pool, again, this depends on whether the 90 day FPs are newly minted or pulled from the current inventory. Still, with park hopping and the desire to repeat popular rides, it is hard to say. The person with the 90 day FP for FoP might not have been in the market for a FoP FP on that given day because her group was going to Epcot that day. But now, with the ability to hop to AK for a hit-and-run spin on FoP, maybe they will do that. So the 90 day FP actually added a rider instead of just shifting a rider. Or... the person with the 90 day FP for FoP might jump back into the 60 day pool and get a second.

Easy to see that this is hard to figure. :goodvibes

I understand why Disney is doing this, any way of making more money without really adding in something on there end is good for the company. However, I'm concerned about the effect this has on AP holders. AP holders are still only allowed to book FP at 30 days, which makes it incredibly hard to get FP for certain rides. With more people given the ability to book earlier and to book more FP that means the headliners and popular rides will have less availability for those of use relegated to 30 days status. I know that right now this is being limited to a small group of guests, but I imagine that is just as a test and that it won't be long before any onsite guest, or maybe any onsite guest at a deluxe resort will be given this option.

Just agreeing with this about AP holders. We live in Fla and generally stay over one night when we go. We could definitely do day trips. I agree Disney is trying to make more money by doing this, but it is not fair also to AP holders who besides some basic discounts do not get much more advantage.

Just agreeing with this about AP holders. We live in Fla and generally stay over one night when we go. We could definitely do day trips. I agree Disney is trying to make more money by doing this, but it is not fair also to AP holders who besides some basic discounts do not get much more advantage.

You get insanely discounted tickets if you go often.

Also to consider in the hit to the FP+ pool that CL is no longer giving out free FPs. Some # of CL guests use to get them free. Those are going back in the pool. This has to be a good thing every way you look at it. So will more people buy them for $50 than used to get them free? I dunno, but I bet there were a lot of bargain-hunters getting CL rooms on discounts for the very perk of hitting up the concierge for extra passes.

Also to consider in the hit to the FP+ pool that CL is no longer giving out free FPs. Some # of CL guests use to get them free. Those are going back in the pool. This has to be a good thing every way you look at it. So will more people buy them for $50 than used to get them free? I dunno, but I bet there were a lot of bargain-hunters getting CL rooms on discounts for the very perk of hitting up the concierge for extra passes.

Tis true

Also to consider in the hit to the FP+ pool that CL is no longer giving out free FPs. Some # of CL guests use to get them free. Those are going back in the pool. This has to be a good thing every way you look at it.

Unless you were the one getting the freebies. As you posted earlier...

Give an advantage to someone else that doesn't play to one's natural strength and it's unfair.

Here, the vast majority of us didn't have that "natural strength" so we rejoice in the removal of that unfairness. But the people who got those freebies were delighted to pass others in line and are now no doubt thinking that this new initiative is not a good thing. But since I wasn't one of them, I have no sympathy! :rotfl2:

Ah, more hyperbole and mischaracterization...

Call me crazy, but I think a thread about the park Walt Disney created is the appropriate place to reflect on what he said while he was alive.

Maybe a Walt Disney World website isn't the best place for folks don't want to know, or ever think about Walt Disney World's founder.

Oh brother. This an open discussion forum for people who want to plan a vacation to WDW.
If you want to teach a history lesson about the founder of that company go start a blog. I'm thinking you won't get the traffic this site gets though :rolleyes1

If you can afford it, great for you. I'd rather take frequent vacations than to save up for years for a very expensive room I'm only going to sleep in. What's hard to understand?
I don’t think it’s hard to understand. I think the point was that you have a choice. You make it one way (more frequent trips), others another (less frequent but more expensive with things like CL).

Oh brother. This an open discussion forum for people who want to plan a vacation to WDW.
If you want to teach a history lesson about the founder of that company go start a blog. I'm thinking you won't get the traffic this site gets though :rolleyes1

No reason to be both rude and a bully if you don't agree. This is supposed to be a family board.

No reason to be both rude and a bully if you don't agree. This is supposed to be a family board.

Oh brother.
You may consider what I said rude, but it isn't it is just a statement of fact. This board is an open discussion board and people are not required to talk about something or required to care about something (in this case Walt himself) to participate in the discussions here.
If that poster feels that the people here who don't care about the man should go somewhere else I have no problem telling her/him that it is them who belongs elsewhere if they want to control what people on the internet discuss or care about. Start your own site to discuss whatever you want.
As far as being a bully, well I'll just say if that is an example of what you think is bullying consider yourself very lucky to never have witnessed actually bullying, cyber or otherwise.

Oh brother.
You may consider what I said rude, but it isn't it is just a statement of fact. This board is an open discussion board and people are not required to talk about something or required to care about something (in this case Walt himself) to participate in the discussions here.
If that poster feels that the people here who don't care about the man should go somewhere else I have no problem telling her/him that it is them who belongs elsewhere if they want to control what people on the internet discuss or care about. Start your own site to discuss whatever you want.
As far as being a bully, well I'll just say if that is an example of what you think is bullying consider yourself very lucky to never have witnessed actually bullying, cyber or otherwise.

Lol, you just don't see it do ya? :wave2:

Couple of questions, if anyone happened to get these answers.

1. Will you be choosing the exact time of the FP or will they just be loaded as anytime?
2. Will there be the ability to change days and/or experiences after booking?

You have to book an exact time. They are not supposed to over lap times with your normal 3.

You can change them, based on availability, but you have to call. The CMs in the lounge will also be able to adjust them once you have check in.

This is supposed to be a serious response? You managed to write this with a straight face?

Sure, I'd love to take a vacation only once every 6-7 years, so that I can stay in a grossly overpriced room and get three more FPs per day :rolleyes2

Actually, I did. I don’t see any reason for you to be rude about it, but there’s your answer. I wrote it with a straight face, because it’s how I look at my vacations.

Because I vacation much more frequently at Universal than I do at Disney, I’ll use that as my example. I have learned (through my own experiences) that staying at a hotel that does not offer the Unlimited Express Pass perk is not the right fit for me. For me, my time is too valuable to be spent waiting in line for hours each day. This means that I choose to stay at a resort that costs 3-4 times as much, on average, as other hotels that don’t meet my needs. I need to save up longer to afford this option, but it’s worth it to me to have the EP perk, which has great value to me.

And that’s your choice! :thumbsup2 But that doesn’t mean that people who make a different choice than you are doing it wrong, and it certainly doesn’t mean that you should be upset at them. Or at Disney for offering options that aren’t right for you.

Last edited:
In reference to the bolded above...I won't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's a question of "can't" not a question of "won't." In no way, shape or form can I afford to stay at Deluxe resorts, plus the extra fee. Bully for those who can, and will now get an advantage over me.

I went back to make sure I was indeed replying to the same/correct person. In this post you said it’s a question of “can’t,” not “won’t.” But your arguments since then have proven the opposite. You could choose the more expensive option, but you won’t, because it would mean you couldn’t travel as often.

Again, your choice! :-)

I dont understand why WDW has not adopted the Maxpass system that DL has. Looks to be simpler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!