Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

It's only a matter of time before this trickles down to everyone. Deluxe guests will be next. They'll see how that affects the overall system, make adjustments and then repeat for moderates.

Could be that CL and Deluxe will be able to purchase up to 3 additional, moderate 2, values 1. Disney will find the sweet spot where the overall FP experience is not diminished, but they can still make money. They don't want a bunch of unhappy guests should the FP line just become standby part 2.

Well...after going back and forth and considering our tours/dessert parties with the Grand Floridian or switching to CL at the Wilderness since none of the monorail resorts were available and jumping into this new program we took the jump yesterday and I am so glad we did. I love our new schedule, and I am now a huge fan of Signature Services.
When we last stayed CL level at AKL quite a number of years ago we were not impressed to be honest with the concierge services in that it appeared that the concierge could do nothing for us that we couldn't do ourselves. We also didn't feel like CL was overall that great at Disney. That is not the case with SS who certainly appear to be true concierge services.. The wonderful rep that we dealt with was able to accomplish something for us that we could not do(and I had been trying) in addition to booking our fp's and that along with this new program has spoiled me for anything other than CL. Well done Disney...you've just guaranteed that dh and I will part with more of our money every trip ....lol

My question is, do you have to have a 3 night stay in a club level hotel room? So, could you book for only 1 or 2 nights but if you had a 3 day ticket, you could get the extra FP+?

We are taking our grandson in early May and staying at Jambo's Kilimanjaro Club using our DVC points. We will be there for six nights but are happy to select this option for three of the days for $450. I intend to use the extra passes for MK, AK, and Epcot but will be looking at tbe sixty day window for Toy Story, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. Talked with Itinerary Planning today and she set up a call back at the 90 day mark.

My question is, do you have to have a 3 night stay in a club level hotel room? So, could you book for only 1 or 2 nights but if you had a 3 day ticket, you could get the extra FP+?

We're booked for 4 nights at WL club and we had to book a minimum of 3 days of the new fp program which included 3 untiered(and yes I know that isn't a real word ;) ) fp for each day and 1 evening entertainment special viewing per night.....and do not underestimate the value of dealing with signature services because for us the ability to get the hard to get ressie or plans was worth it's weight in gold.

The days booked also had to be days when you are actually staying club level. In other words...we're staying 6 extra nights off property and we could not book add'l days of the program for that time frame which quite frankly made sense to me.

I have been following this thread and thought I'd way in. First, this is a trial. I don't understand all the speculation. It is easy to use CL guests to trial this program. They are a relatively small sample compared to the number of people on the whole resort property. If the $50 price point goes over well then they might roll it out to the rest of the resort as is. I highly doubt they would do it at different levels for different guests. I know a lot of people on this thread would never buy into this. They are probably the ones who don't buy dessert parties or other add ons and think Disney is evil for trying to make money. I personally think this could be worth it to a lot of people. I think it is a value for me. I never thought the dessert parties were worth it because of the cost but this is $50 for three 90 day unrestricted FP's and preferred viewing at all four parks. I am the demographic this works for. I don't go to Disney often so I want to get in as much as possible on my vacation. It is not that I don't vacation every year. I just don't choose to go to Disney every year.

We're booked for 4 nights at WL club and we had to book a minimum of 3 days of the new fp program which included 3 untiered(and yes I know that isn't a real word ;) ) fp for each day and 1 evening entertainment special viewing per night.....and do not underestimate the value of dealing with signature services because for us the ability to get the hard to get ressie or plans was worth it's weight in gold.

The days booked also had to be days when you are actually staying club level. In other words...we're staying 6 extra nights off property and we could not book add'l days of the program for that time frame which quite frankly made sense to me.
Could you do it for 3 days 2 nights though? (Like if I stayed Thursday and Friday night and checked out Saturday morning, could I get the extra FP+ that way?)

I am planning a trip for March and June. We upgraded to an annual pass in December so we only need to pay for resort. Staying at All Star Sports again in March but have booked WL Club level for 4 nights of our trip and POFQ for the other 5 days to take advantage of this. I believe the extra fps and viewing are well worth it for me, my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter. It will make for a much more relaxed trip. We always have great trips, but it has been a long time since I went with a toddler. I wouldn't do it for just my daughter and I because we always accomplish what we want to, but it will be harder with the little one.

Disney has changed their strategy from those of us who were loyal customers with multiple yearly trips to appeal to the more wealthy visitors who are more than willing to pay for every add-on and fewer trips. At least that is our viewpoint after many years of being DVC members, AP holders, D23 members and Day One Disney Visa Card holders. We’ve enjoyed our trips and have many happy memories, primarily due to the wonderful Cast Members, but it’s obvious to us we no longer have enough money to be welcome. Our DVC points are sold, D23 has expired, Visa paid off but still have AP till Fall. We may return occasionally but it already has a different feel. Doesn’t mean what is being done is bad or good... just different.

Disney has changed their strategy from those of us who were loyal customers with multiple yearly trips to appeal to the more wealthy visitors who are more than willing to pay for every add-on and fewer trips. At least that is our viewpoint after many years of being DVC members, AP holders, D23 members and Day One Disney Visa Card holders. We’ve enjoyed our trips and have many happy memories, primarily due to the wonderful Cast Members, but it’s obvious to us we no longer have enough money to be welcome. Our DVC points are sold, D23 has expired, Visa paid off but still have AP till Fall. We may return occasionally but it already has a different feel. Doesn’t mean what is being done is bad or good... just different.

I think it’s a bit early to assert that Disney has changed its strategy.

This is the type of thing that’s prudent to test before rolling it out on a large scale. They’ve chosen CL to do the test. It remains to be seen whether or not it remains available only to CL guests. My hunch is that this isn’t the final iteration of FP+. I’m interested to see what this looks like in the future once they’ve gathered data from this test.

Do you wanna buy a Fastpass?
Or do you wanna stand and wait?
I'm scared to wait and see,
There's no more FOP,
60 days is way too late.
You used to be on paper,
I'd put in effort,
The early bird got the worm.
You're gonna have to stay first class.

Pay up.
Ok, here...

I don’t get these kinds of comments. Was your DVC membership free? Last I checked it takes a pretty decent amount of money to join. So how is this now catering to the wealthy? I am an AP holder & go to WDW multiple times a yr also (4-5). I am not wealthy by any means. I look at it like most of us have a certain amount of vacation dollars to spend & can choose what upgrades are worth it to us. Maybe I couldn’t afford to do CL & pay for this service for 5 trips a yr, but, if it’s worth it to me, maybe I change to 4 trips or 5 shorter trips & still spend the same $ but get a different experience. I actually think the wealthier park goers will stick to the more expensive VIP tours. To me this, this is aimed at the average park goers who might splurge or adjust their typical touring style.

This appealed to me and my family and we are by no means wealthy. We take one vacation a year. One. Up until 3 years ago, the biggest vacation we took was a weekend in the mountains. 2 whole days. We just upgraded our Contemporary theme park view room to Atrium Club level, Theme park view and the cost was in the $900 range for 10 nights. As a family of 4, we spend on average $60 at breakfast. In our decision we agreed that we would skip breakfast ADR's and eat at the lounge. So it's only really costing us $300 for the upgrade. On top of that, We like to have a beer or 2 at night. At $6+ a bottle, that's another $24 a night. Now were down to about $60 for the upgrade. Then the snacks for the kids. I'm sure we would spend at least $60 for night time snacks in a week. Bottom line, It's not really more expensive to stay CL and it's not for just the wealthy.

This appealed to me and my family and we are by no means wealthy. We take one vacation a year. One. Up until 3 years ago, the biggest vacation we took was a weekend in the mountains. 2 whole days. We just upgraded our Contemporary theme park view room to Atrium Club level, Theme park view and the cost was in the $900 range for 10 nights. As a family of 4, we spend on average $60 at breakfast. In our decision we agreed that we would skip breakfast ADR's and eat at the lounge. So it's only really costing us $300 for the upgrade. On top of that, We like to have a beer or 2 at night. At $6+ a bottle, that's another $24 a night. Now were down to about $60 for the upgrade. Then the snacks for the kids. I'm sure we would spend at least $60 for night time snacks in a week. Bottom line, It's not really more expensive to stay CL and it's not for just the wealthy.
That’s a good point about CL. We don’t stay b/c we like our ADRs in the park so we wouldn’t eat in the lounge enough to justify the cost. But, I have friends who rarely eat in the parks & use CL for meals do they always stay CL. I actually probably end up spending more than them with the ADRs.

That’s a good point about CL. We don’t stay b/c we like our ADRs in the park so we wouldn’t eat in the lounge enough to justify the cost. But, I have friends who rarely eat in the parks & use CL for meals do they always stay CL. I actually probably end up spending more than them with the ADRs.
Don’t get me wrong. We do the dining plan and do ADR’s, 2 a day. Usually a QS lunch and TS dinner. Now with the upgrade we don’t need to purchase that 3rd meal. Little ones need to eat 3 times a day and my kids get real hangry lol

Everything comes down to choices. My husband and I are going to Disney in march for my birthday frankly because FL should be warmer than PA and Mexico was too expensive in high season. With our APs, TiW cards, and deeply discounted B resort suite, it is a fairly inexpensive vacation for us. Going to Mexico in June when we are comfortable paying for the ultra upgrades we want there.

I would rather go more frequently and for longer to Disney than spend that money on club level for a shorter trip. My money my choice. And I could change this up next time. I am glad Disney has more luxury options. I pick and choose which, if any, I want to purchase.

Frankly we may try this later this year for a short stay then head to the FL beaches for a week rather than 2 weeks at Disney.

Or do you wanna stand and wait?
I'm scared to wait and see,
There's no more FOP,
60 days is way too late.
You used to be on paper,
I'd put in effort,
The early bird got the worm.
You're gonna have to stay first class.

Pay up.
Ok, here...

Good job, love the lyrics! This needs to go viral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter