Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

I'm not one to jump in at the drop of a hat and say Disney needs a 5th gate. But I think with Star Wars, they should have considered it. I don't think 2 rides and some shops is enough to satisfy the demand. (Do we even know if Star Tours is sticking around?) I can't even imagine how such a small addition will begin to meet the demand. On either coast. But Disney of course will relish the 3 hour waits just to enter the land, let alone get on the rides. Which puts them at cross purposes with how I like to enjoy the parks.

They look at 4 hour ride lines and see success. I look at 4 hour ride lines and see failure.

But for the low price of $150 for 3 days and a stay at one of our lovely deluxe resorts as well as access to our beautiful lounge were we will give you some food and drinks including alcohol beverages you too can skip the 4 hour lines. If you act now we will even throw in VIP seating to one night time show per evening. Operators are standing by to book your magical vacation now.

I know someone will get pissed so go ahead and scream at your computer.......... No one is entitled to anything. Not FP's, not special views for parades, not extra time with the characters etc. I have never been the person that says not fair. I pull up at an intersection and look over and see someone in their brand new $80,000 truck and I don't say " Not Fair" because my truck is a 2012 model. I don't drive by a house that's bigger and nicer than mine and say "Not Fair". Everyone complaining that it's not fair, guess what? You have the same opportunity to purchase CL and the extra FP. I already posted where I did the math and it actually cost us LESS to upgrade to CL because we are going to take advantage of the food and drinks. I am still undecided about purchasing the extra FP's but if I do, we can actually shorten our vacation just 1 day and get so much more done and it will still cost less than our original booking. Now I doubt I will shorten our stay but the option is there if it comes down to money. I have been in line about to get on a ride and seen a VIP group come up and get right on in front of everyone. Not Fair!?!? Nope. Totally fair because they paid for it. I said to my wife, "That's the VIP tour", isn't that awesome how they can just ride whatever? Maybe one day". Believe me, I am not rich by no means. I carry debt but I manage it well. We take 1 vacation a year and that's only after a very long break for anything more than a weekend getaway. I won't go in more debt to go anywhere but I will splurge once a year to make our vacation as stress free and fun as possible. Now go ahead and smash your screen and call me all kind of names. I promise I won't say your not being fair.

"Life is not fair, get used to it" - Bill Gates

Yeah, but you can't sell upgraded access when you don't have 4 hour lines....

(Insert evil Bob Iger laugh)
The customer creates the long lines. Disney created something that customers are willing to wait in long lines to ride. Are you suggesting that a non-evil Iger would create a flop that results in zero lines and is always available as day of fp+ ?

Not sure if anyone else put this out there but I spoke with DSS regarding booking the extra CL fastpasses. I have a callback scheduled this Tuesday (90 days from checkout) but interesting thing i found out is that they can and will book my 60 day fastpasses as well. So on Tuesday I will be booking all 6 of my fastpasses for the 3 days that I chose. I had not seen this anywhere and didn't even know they were doing this but the CM made me aware that it can be done and will be done if I know what I want. Any changes will have to be made by phone until 60 days then those three can be accessed by myself

Not sure if anyone else put this out there but I spoke with DSS regarding booking the extra CL fastpasses. I have a callback scheduled this Tuesday (90 days from checkout) but interesting thing i found out is that they can and will book my 60 day fastpasses as well. So on Tuesday I will be booking all 6 of my fastpasses for the 3 days that I chose. I had not seen this anywhere and didn't even know they were doing this but the CM made me aware that it can be done and will be done if I know what I want. Any changes will have to be made by phone until 60 days then those three can be accessed by myself
Yes. I did this a few days ago. Just an FYI though- you can modify your regular FPs. I booked at 90 days from checkout out on Thursday and was immediately able to adjust the regular, non purchased FPs.

Curious if Disney is noticing a boost in club level rooms being booked since this promotion was offered? I do know that I before this was announced I could search my travel dates and every type of club level room was available for my dates at the Polynesian...... Now there is NO AVAILABILITY.....coincidence..... Maybe

P.S booked my additional fastpasses today finally since it was my 90 days from checkout....already started modifying my normal 60 day fastpasses ( Its so addicting!!)

Dining plan really isn't worthwhile

Of course it isn't. But Disney markets it brilliantly...I have to give them credit for this cash cow, they have done it right. And people honestly believe they are "saving" money. We love dining at Disney, but not paying even more for the privilege.

Dining plan really isn't worthwhile
we purchased the dining plan for the first time on our september 2017 trip. We did Bounce back from 2015 and got 35% off the total Magic My Way package. After using it we decided it really wasn't worth it. We did Bounce Back for our trip this year and got Free Dining. I wish we could have gotten the 35% off again but not going to complain that they gave us $2500 worth of dining.

If Disney really wanted ridiculous lines for Star Wars Land, they could have built just one. Instead, they are doing what they can to alleviate the expected insane demand by building one on each coast.

As for a fifth gate, I've always maintained that would make little sense until they have fleshed out the potential of each park, so that they lose the "half day park" label. Disney is doing just that. They added Pandora and nighttime events to Animal Kingdom. They are building two new lands at DHS and replacing TGMR, as well as revamping Epcot.

I've dished out my fair share of criticism to Disney over the years, on these boards. But I also believe in giving credit where credit is due. I am very impressed by the way the company is overhauling WDW. They are plowing billions back into the parks, with projects that sound very promising (and Pandora, IMHO, is a great new land).

They are adding a great deal of capacity, and each park is seeing massive plussing. That's the priority -- not a fifth gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter