Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

The 90 day issue is what bugs me the most. That feels like a first step to make FP a two tier system with only those who can pay getting the better ones. If it were limited to club rooms - maybe it won't be so bad but it seems like Disney is starting to take a step that is unquestionably working to destroy one of the key pillars of Disney. Yes - there have been a lot of upsell things but most of them didn't have as direct an impact on the other guests. Ride availability is a zero sum game and if you move the needle too far, you'll be creating a much wider gap between the haves and have nots.

Every time I can’t think of another way Disney can squeeze my wallet, they come through with yet another “perk.” And like the dining plan, convincing me it a good deal.

As others have pointed out, if this stays as a club level perk, then I doubt it will have any significant impact on most of us. If they widen it's reach some, then I could imagine that booking something like FOP at 60 days could be even worse than it is now.

Where I said it would be a benefit for a Star Wars land, I'd rather they just extended the 'After hours event, to Hollywood studios and I'll pay for that instead and still won't have to deal with the crowds.

I can see people using this during the Christmas / New Year period and also Easter when all the parks are at a level 10 crowd. On other days, it does seem crazy expensive.

This is the big one. Club Level guests are now enabled almost guaranteed access to the newest/best rides, and could very well block all regular guests out depending on capacity. Once Star Wars opens at DHS, this is going to be a HUGE issue.
Club level rooms are currently a very tiny block. This won’t crowd out 60-dayers unless they widen this beyond club level.

Disney tries to squeeze more profit out of everything. Ninety days? We chose to stay at a Disney resort on our upcoming trip partly because of the 60 day FP window. Now, I know how the people who stay off-site feel.

Well, now the off-site people at the off-site Disney Springs hotels have the same 60 days as you, so if you are staying non-CL at a Deluxe, or any room at a Mod or Value, the playing field is completely level.

Doesn't bother me, we rarely even use the 3 offered. We have been going for over 30 years, well before such a thing as FP was there so if you wanted to ride a ride you stood in line. We still do most of the time since planning for us is booking a resort.

Many people on these boards have predicted this would happen, even more so when Disney changed the system to FP+. I realize it's a rather small number of people who would qualify, but I would bet the majority of those who are able would be willing to pay...what's an extra $50 pp when you're paying top dollar?

While I have no specific information I was called today by someone from Disney Signature Services because I emailed them regarding this fast pass article that came out ...... while nothing specific was told to me I was advised that on Friday they will be calling me with a new offer that will be available for my upcoming stay!!!!

As soon as I get the details on Friday I will try and share on this post!!!

If it includes a nighttime show, it may be a done deal for us. We typically book the dessert parties solely for the view and to avoid the crowds. Booking this is cheaper than a dessert party. Yes, it will force me into a different room category (we usually do 1-bedroom villas), but we would enjoy the snacks. We used to be able to travel during off-seasons, but with DS's sport and school schedules, it looks like the week before Christmas will be the norm for us as the years go by. 6, pre-booked FP+ per day plus a nighttime show would mean a super easy touring schedule for less than the cost of a dessert party or going to MVMCP (that was $300 just for that). If you are staying CL anyway during a crowded holiday season, I think it's a good deal.

If it includes a nighttime show, it may be a done deal for us. We typically book the dessert parties solely for the view and to avoid the crowds.
Same here. If DVC stays at poly bungalow are eligible we’ll try it in Nov. If not, I’ll wait for when they widen this up... I suspect they will...

It's a no for me. I'm already spending thousands of dollars and get multiple FPs for free.

Same here. If DVC stays at poly bungalow are eligible we’ll try it in Nov. If not, I’ll wait for when they widen this up... I suspect they will..

Are Poly bungalows considered club level? I have stayed in a bungalow before and was never offered access to the club lounge.

Wow! Ok, being able to book 90 days in advance instead of the usual 60 days changes everything! Thats not a bad deal then. And 3 FP aint bad. But 90 days? That would be great for rides like FoP. Sweet!

I still wouldnt go for it thou LOL! Thats just me.

WINNER! They finally found a way to sell FOP without hosting an EMM or Dessert Party. Kudos, this is a straight up sell job, no work necessary.

I don't think we'll ever see direct selling of FP+ but always part of a package, a party, an event .........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter