Wanna buy a Fastpass? It will cost ya $50

For the FWIW file....just so we’re talking real numbers here in terms of the total possible CL guest headcount...

There are approximately 700 CL rooms on property. This is not a precise number because there are various suites and other “CL Access” room options, but for ball-parking purposes, 700 is a safe estimate. For context, I believe there are approx 30,000 total rooms on property (assuming Touringplans is accurate).

Even if every CL room was occupied at room capacity and every CL guest paid for this additional FP option, you’re talking a pretty tiny overall guest count, all things considered.

Will be interesting to see where Disney goes with this.

While I can't even imagine being able to stay in CL, I can't see this affecting the rest of us too much. As PPs have said, the pool is probably small enough not to have a huge impact. I'm surprised no one has brought up MP from DLR. (For those who are unfamiliar with it - it is a pay per day $10/person and allows you to book FP from your app as opposed to having to physically pull a FP.) While not the same as this case we are seeing a trend of the pay to play (or at least pay to play more than those who don't.) I also agree with others who are thinking this will expand after the pilot, especially to accommodate Star Wars. I did splurge for the MP and really found a benefit with it, but I couldn't afford to splurge for this, even if it was available to my not-even-close-to-club-level.

The 90 day issue is what bugs me the most. That feels like a first step to make FP a two tier system with only those who can pay getting the better ones.

I think it is already a 2 tier system. 60 days onsite and 30 days offsite.

Are Poly bungalows considered club level? I have stayed in a bungalow before and was never offered access to the club lounge.
My guess is that they are NOT including DVC Bungalow stays in this even though they cost an arm and a leg in DVC points.

BUT THEY ARE REPORTEDLY INCLUDING POLY BUNGALOWS IN THIS OFFER. SEE BELOW POST.

On the offchance that they do let DVC Bungalow stays use this “perk”, we’ll give it a shot in Nov for W&D.

Again, I suspect they’ll test this, make $$ and widen it. We’ll see...

Are Poly bungalows considered club level? I have stayed in a bungalow before and was never offered access to the club lounge.

No, they are not.
NOT club level, but ARE included in the offer:

The theme park extra is available for purchase for Guests staying in the following room types:

• Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – Club Level
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Club Level
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Club Level
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/theme...in-guests-to-purchase-additional-fastpass.htm

I think it is a great option for people who feel it is worth it. At this point I don't, it would cost my family an additional $750 and there just isn't enough I feel I need a FP for in order to spend that kind of money. If I was willing to spend that much it would be on an additional night at the resort.
If they end up tweaking it, maybe lowering the price or take away the 3-day minimum I would consider it if I was doing a short trip. In general I don't have an issue with paying for added benefits like Xtra FPs or an earlier booking window. We pay for express pass at other parks when we go so it wouldn't bother me to do it at WDW if the cost was worth it.

The theme park extra is available for purchase for Guests staying in the following room types:

• Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/theme...in-guests-to-purchase-additional-fastpass.htm

Ahh, got it - hadn’t seen that yet. Makes sense for Disney to include those room types as eligible. That changes my “eligible room count” above a bit, but not a ton. There are 20 Bungalows and 26 Cabins, if I counted correctly.

Ahh, got it - hadn’t seen that yet. Makes sense for Disney to include those room types as eligible. That changes my “eligible room count” above a bit, but not a ton. There are 20 Bungalows and 26 Cabins, if I counted correctly.
Tiny room block and pretty expensive. Makes sense to include. I just don’t know that we’d be included if we book DVC. Such a tiny difference that they might, but I could see this being just cash reservations.

My guess is that they are NOT including DVC Bungalow stays in this even though they cost an arm and a leg in DVC points.

BUT THEY ARE REPORTEDLY INCLUDING POLY BUNGALOWS IN THIS OFFER. SEE BELOW POST.

On the offchance that they do let DVC Bungalow stays use this “perk”, we’ll give it a shot in Nov for W&D.

Again, I suspect they’ll test this, make $$ and widen it. We’ll see...

Dumb question, just so I’m clear in what you mean here... you’re differentiating staying in a Bungalow with DVC points vs a cash reservation, correct?

Look at that list.................how many of us will ever stay at this level..........at these resorts? I'm sure there are some but I'd be surprised if 10% of the folks who commented here have or intend to stay at this level. So the plan is you stay CL for more than 3 days ( @ roughly $500+ per night ) then you have to add $50/per person for the extra FP's. For 2 people that brings the CL room experience to $600+ per night. I just think the numbers aren't that high in terms of CL guests that this is going to be a small % of the availability of FP's. Now there are people who can and will do CL and add the extra FP's, I nor should anyone begrudge them of that. As for my wife and I.......we plan a year in advance to do a standard room at a deluxe resort.........CL just isn't going to happen for us.

I agree with the person who said this is a test of the strategy Disney needs when Star Wars Land opens up. That park is going to be insane.........getting anything in FP for any rides there will be insane. Disney's doing some testing/planning for the craziness that 2019 is going to be at WDW o_O

Doug :goofy:

I love the stages of acceptance of a new Disney perk...
Disney totally missed the boat on this terrible idea
That's way too expensive no one will buy it
Maybe it could have some benefit now that I think about it
Since other people will have this, if I don't I'll be disadvantaged

I might buy it in certain circumstances
I'm going to have to try this once
I need this! Where do I pay!

If club level rooms were unsold before, they will be booked now. That will push the club vs regular price gap. That raises the ceiling on the most expensive rooms. The cash from the sale of the FP's is something, but secondary. The real win in this is the driving up the value of their most valuable properties.

We have a CL stay booked... Trying to decide if $900 is worth it for a group of 6. That's a lot of money for each of us to get on 9 extra rides. Mainly cuz I don't feel like we're ever short on getting on the rides. We seem to manage.

Last edited:
Dumb question, just so I’m clear in what you mean here... you’re differentiating staying in a Bungalow with DVC points vs a cash reservation, correct?
Yes exactly. Just my assumption that they’d offer this on cash bungalow reservations and NOT DVC bungalow reservations.

Total guess on my part though.

If club level rooms were unsold before, they will be booked now.
That may be a goal. As is just straight profit from the “perk” itself. I’m not convinced it would appreciably change club level bookings. I think they’d make more if they widen this up beyond club level. I think this is just a test.

ETA: I don’t see your “stages of acceptance” phenomenon here. Different people expressing different views mostly, no?

Look at that list.................how many of us will ever stay at this level..........at these resorts? I'm sure there are some but I'd be surprised if 10% of the folks who commented here have or intend to stay at this level. So the plan is you stay CL for more than 3 days ( @ roughly $500+ per night ) then you have to add $50/per person for the extra FP's. For 2 people that brings the CL room experience to $600+ per night. I just think the numbers aren't that high in terms of CL guests that this is going to be a small % of the availability of FP's. Now there are people who can and will do CL and add the extra FP's, I nor should anyone begrudge them of that. As for my wife and I.......we plan a year in advance to do a standard room at a deluxe resort.........CL just isn't going to happen for us.

I agree with the person who said this is a test of the strategy Disney needs when Star Wars Land opens up. That park is going to be insane.........getting anything in FP for any rides there will be insane. Disney's doing some testing/planning for the craziness that 2019 is going to be at WDW o_O

Doug :goofy:

I think there are very few people who stay CL often/every trip. But there are a lot of people who splurge and stay CL for special occasions. We are “regular” people and we stayed CL last trip (at WL)...it was my son’s first trip (18 months old) and the ability to get breakfast and dinner in the lounge was valuable to us, as was having a nice place my DH and I could switch off relaxing after he went to bed. A discounted WL CL room can actually cost less than a rack rate room at the Poly or GF. My husband really liked staying CL. I can see us doing it again someday, especially if we can get a discount.

I love the stages of acceptance of a new Disney perk...
Disney totally missed the boat on this terrible idea
That's way too expensive no one will buy it
Maybe it could have some benefit now that I think about it
I might buy it in certain circumstances
Since other people will have this, if I don't I'll be disadvantaged
I'm going to have to buy this and try it
I need this! Where do I pay!

That's funny...and probably true to some expense. None of what they are doing bothers me...doesn't bother me that they are doing this, doesn't bother me that it will make some money for them, etc... As has been discussed, it's a very small percentage of people who will even be eligible for this, very small. The only "concern" is if they spread this out to where it's available to almost everyone, say everyone who stays on property. I can very much then see people following that exact logic you posted to where so many people do it that if you don't, you'll be left out of the FP+ system. However, that hasn't happened and I have nothing confirmed that says it is happening. So for now, I'm all good with this.

There are ways to stay CL that aren't outrageous. I do wonder though if this will be offered to guests who book that way.

Yes exactly. Just my assumption that they’d offer this on cash bungalow reservations and NOT DVC bungalow reservations.

Total guess on my part though.

Ok, got it, thanks. Interesting thought. I don’t know much about DVC or how it works but I’d be tempted to think the opposite - if you’re there on points Disney has already made the money on your stay, here’s a chance to get in your pocket again! Sort of like the paid lounge thing at WL. :-)

All of this is very interesting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter