Wanna Know A Secret: January 2019 Pre-Trip Report

Here are the next couple of days of my plan. I am still fine-tuning and tweaking this and I will be likely working on it until the week before we go. Since the boys won't be helping me make any decisions, I have to figure out everything on my own, which is fine. 1 pot on the stove versus 4 and I know what their favorites are from last time. For anyone new to my trip reports, my middle son is autistic so he will have a DAS pass as well as a stroller for when he gets overwhelmed. His biggest meltdown trigger is being crammed in with strangers. So this will be Day 4, 5 and 6 of our 9 day trip. These are all currently planned as non-hop days.

Day 4 – Tuesday, January 29

Epcot (World Showcase) – 9 AM –9 PM (+2 EMH PM)

World Showcase Ears (Clear Ears w/World Showcase Graphics, ‘Minnie’ Bow)

8:55 AM – Breakfast: Trattoria Al Forno (Bon Voyage Breakfast)

10:30 AM – Norway

+Frozen Ever After FP (5 Minutes)

+Meet Anna/Elsa (4 Minutes)

+Picture with Troll/Vikings

+Hello is ‘God Dag (Goo Dahg)’

11:30 AM – Mexico

+Gran Fiesta with 3 Caballeros (7 Minutes)

+Meet Donald

+Picture with Pyramid

+ Hello is ‘Hola (Oh lah)’

12:30 PM – Canada

+O Canada (15 Minutes)

+Alberta Bound (Band)

+Picture with Totems/Waterfall

1:15 PM – United Kingdom

+Tigger’s Maze

+Phineas and Ferb

+British Revolution (Band)

+Meet Mary Poppins/Winnie the Pooh

+Pictures in Phone Booths

2:15 PM – France

+Impressions de France (18 Minutes)

+Meet Belle/Aurora

+ Serveur Amusant

+ Pictures with Eiffel Tower

+ Hello is ‘Bonjour (Bohn Zhoor)’

2:45 PM – Morocco

+Musique Aramenco (Band)

+Gallery of Arts and History

+Picture with Camel with Fez

+Hello is ‘Salem Alekoum (Sah-lam Wah-lay-koom)’

3:15 PM – Japan

+Matsuriza (Drummers)

+Phineas and Ferb

+Pictures with Pagoda

4:15 PM – United States

+Voices of Liberty (American Gardens Theatre)

+American Adventure (30 Minutes)

5:15 PM – Italy

+Sergio (Juggler/Mime)

+ Hello is ‘Buon Giorno (Boo-On Jor-No)’

Dinner: Via Napoli (Reservation for 5:45 PM)

Mezzo Metro Cheese Pizza - $39 + Aqua Fresca ($4 x 4) - $16 = $55 + Tip

6:45 PM – Germany

+The Margret Almer and The Bavarian Band (Yodeling)

+Meet Snow White

+Hello is ‘Guten Tag (Goot Entahg)’

(Request Return Time for Frozen)

7:30 PM – China

+Jeweled Dragon Acrobats

+Reflections of China (13 Minutes)

+Meet Mulan

+Hello is ‘Ni Hao (Nee How)”

8:30 PM – Frozen Ever After

9:00 PM – IllumiNations

(Watch from Balcony of Teppan Edo in Japan or Showcase Plaza)

(Request Return Time for Soarin’)

9:30 PM - Club Cool

Soarin’

11:00 PM - Park Closes

Day 5 – Wednesday, January 30

Magic Kingdom (Fantasyland/Tomorrowland) – 8 AM – 8 PM (+2 Hours EMH)

Mad Hatter Ears (Rainbow Ears, Lime Bow, Orange Flowers, 10/6 Sign)

8:00 AM –Breakfast: Be Our Guest (8:00 AM Reservation)

Gaston’s Feast 1 Gluten Free/1 Regular ($24 x 2) = $48

9:00 AM – Park Opens, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (3 Minutes)

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (4 Minutes)

Mad Tea Party (1.5 Minutes)

Meet Alice/Cheshire Cat Photo

Dumbo (1.5 Minutes)

Barnstormer (2 Minutes)

Ariel’s Grotto (3 Minutes)

Under the Sea (7 Minutes)

12:00 PM – Enchanted Tales With Belle FP (20 Minutes)

(Request Return Time for It’s A Small World)

12:30 PM – Peter Pan’s Flight FP (3 Minutes)

It’s A Small World (14 Minutes)

(Request Return Time for Princess Fairytale Hall)

Mickey’s PhilHarMagic (12 Minutes)

Princess Fairytale Hall (10 Minutes)

(Request Return Time for Princess Fairytale Hall)

Prince Charming Regal Carrousel (2 Minutes)

3:00 PM – Festival of Fantasy Parade (30 Minutes)

Princess Fairytale Hall (10 Minutes)

(Request Return Time for Buzz Lightyear)

4:00 PM – Dinner: Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken ($14.50 x 2) = $29.00

5:00 PM - Space Mountain FP (10 Minutes)

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (4.5 Minutes)

(Request Return Time for Tomorrowland Speedway)

Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor (15 Minutes)

Tomorrowland Speedway (4.5 Minutes)

Astro Orbiter (1.5 Minutes)

Carousel of Progress (21 Minutes)

Tomorrowland Transit Authority (10 Minutes)

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (4.5 Minutes)

Space Mountain (10 Minutes)

10:00 PM – Park Closes

Day 6 – Thursday, January 31

Animal Kingdom Full Day (Asia/Africa/Rafiki’s Planet Watch) – 9 AM – 8 PM

Lion King Ears (Yellow Ears, Brown Bow, Yellow/Orange Flowers)

Breakfast: Room = $0.00

9:00 AM – Park Opens, Expedition Everest (4 Minutes)

Kali River Rapids (10 Minutes)

Maharajah Jungle Trek (20 Minutes)

11:00 AM – Lunch: Yak & Yeti Café

Chicken Fried Rice ($4.99 x 4) = $19.96

12:00 PM – UP! Bird Adventure Show (25 Minutes)

Wildlife Express Train to Conservation Station (7 Minutes)

Rafiki’s Planet Watch:

+Habitat Habit (2 Minutes)

+Conservation Station (20 Minutes)

+Affection Section (15 Minutes)

+Meet Rafiki

Wildlife Express to Africa (5 Minutes)

Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail (20 Minutes)

Harambe Wildlife Parti (15 Minutes)

+Kora Tinga Tinga

+Muziki

+Karibu Sisters

+Harambe Village Acrobats

5:00 PM – Festival of the Lion King (30 Minutes)

5:30 PM – Kilimanjaro Safari FP

6:00 PM – Adventurers Outpost/Flik/Pocahontas/Timon

6:30 PM – Rivers of Light (15 Minutes)

8:00 PM – Park Closes

Dinner/Dessert: Rainforest Café

Awesome Appetizer Adventure - $19.99 + Sparkling Volcano - $15.99 = $35.98 + Tip

How much do you try to do in each WS area? I'm not sure how much time to allocate, myself, as the girls will likely want to look around, do the Kidcot activity, do the Agent P where applicable, etc. In your experience, how long do the character lines get there? I know people say to leave approximately 30 minutes per country where you plan to do Agent P.

Tomorrowland Speedway (4.5 Minutes)

Do you think it'll still be open by end of January? The announcement I saw just said it would close in 2019, with a summer re-open, but no real start date. I'm pretty sure by end of February I have no chance on it still being open. :-(

How much do you try to do in each WS area? I'm not sure how much time to allocate, myself, as the girls will likely want to look around, do the Kidcot activity, do the Agent P where applicable, etc. In your experience, how long do the character lines get there? I know people say to leave approximately 30 minutes per country where you plan to do Agent P.

Do you think it'll still be open by end of January? The announcement I saw just said it would close in 2019, with a summer re-open, but no real start date. I'm pretty sure by end of February I have no chance on it still being open. :-(

The countries can be a super quick 10 minute in and out if you're just looking at the scenery or up to 2 hours if you really want to indulge yourself in the atmosphere. For kids your age, last time my 4 year old lasted about 20-30 minutes in each. We did the KidCot, took pictures in each country and then we only really met a couple - we did Mulan in China (kids love her) and she was about a 20 minutes wait, so we had to skip Reflections of China. We also did Anna and Elsa, but it was first thing and about a 30 minute wait. They were must-do for the kids. We didn't do any other character meets in the World Showcase because we only had 1 day to do Epcot and I allotted 6 hours to the World Showcase. It ended up being my 6 year old (now 8)'s favorite park, so I am splitting it up and devoting an entire day to World Showcase. We have breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno (Rapunzel is a big favorite in our family, and Ariel was my princess growing up), so we'll be getting in there around 10 AM and staying in World Showcase until at least after IllumiNations (which we skipped last time due to our lack of experience with middle boy's meltdowns and triggers. We now have our meltdown prevention plan in place and he can tolerate fireworks). If we miss something, I am hoping we can go back to pick it up or we may hop up into FutureWorld and hit Soarin' Around the World as a cap-off to our day travelling the world. As for Agent P, we only did one when we went last time and it took us 45 minutes letting the kids do it. Now, they absolutely LOVED it as Phineas and Ferb is huge in our house, but it made Mexico take twice as long as I expected. Totally worth it, but I'd allot an hour to any country where you plan to do it. I am allowing us to do 2 countries - UK and Japan as we otherwise wouldn't spend a ton of time in UK and the boys LOVE Japan.

As for the Speedway, I don't know... if it's open, the boys enjoyed it and my middle boy will be old enough to drive himself this time because my oldest was 8 when we went last time. He'll be 8 this time. If it's open, hooray. If it's not, they won't be devastated and we can skip it in our plan. It was loud, the cars are hard to steer and it was stinky, but they did seem to enjoy it, although they didn't ask to go again.

Here's the rest of the plans for the trip. Things get a little hectic at the end, since we're doing a 4 Park hop in one day followed by HEA dessert party to end our park days with a bang.

Day 7 – Friday, February 1

Magic Kingdom (Adventureland) – 9 AM – 10 PM

Breakfast: Room = $0.00

9:00 AM – Jungle Cruise (8 Minutes)

Magic Carpets of Aladdin (1.5 Minutes)

Pirates of the Caribbean (7.5 Minutes)

Enchanted Tiki Room (15.5 Minutes)

Swiss Family Treehouse (10 Minutes)

11:30 AM – Lunch: Pecos Bill’s Tale Tall Cafe

Fajita Platter ($15.00 x 2) = $30.00

12:30 PM – Frontierland Railroad Station to Main Street

(I may be swapping this to when we visit Toy Story Land instead of earlier in the trip. Might have a better shot at scoring a FP for Slinky)

1:00 PM - Hop (Bus) to Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic) – 9 AM – 8 PM

Star Wars! Ears (Brown Ears, White Bow, White Flowers)

2:30 PM – For The First Time in Forever (30 Minutes)

3:15 PM – Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (30 Minutes)

4:00 PM – Muppets 3D! (17 Minutes)

5:00 PM – Dinner: Sci Fi Dine In

Kids’ Meals ($11.00 x 4) = $44.00

6:30 PM - Star Tours FP

7:00 PM - Launch Bay

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

8:00 PM – Park Closes

Day 9 – Saturday, February 2

Four Park Hop (AK, HS, EP, MK) – 9 AM – 12 AM

4 Parks, 1 World Ears (Clear Ears, No Bow)

8:00 AM – EMH Begins, Kilimanjaro Safari

Expedition: Everest

It’s Tough To Be A Bug

Dinosaur/Primeval Whirl

10:00 AM –Popcorn Refill

10:30 AM – Hop to HS (Bus), Request Return Time for Tower of Terror

11:00 AM – Toy Story Ride (Slinky Dog or Midway Mania) FP - 11:15 AM

11:30 AM – Rockin’ Rollercoaster FP - 12:15 PM

12:00 PM – Star Tours FP

12:30 PM – Popcorn Refill

(Try for FP for Epcot Attraction)

1:00 PM – Hop to Epcot (Walk) – 9 AM – 9 PM

(Request Return Time for Soarin’)

1:30 PM – FP Attraction/s (Spaceship:Earth or Mission: Space)

Soarin’

(Request Return Time for Test Track)

3:00 PM – Light Dinner: Refreshment Port

Poutine ($6.00 x 4) = $24 .00

3:30 PM – Test Track

4:00 PM – Hop to Magic Kingdom (Monorail)

(Request Return Time for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train)

5:00 PM – Splash Mountain FP

5:30 PM - 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

6:00 PM - Buzz Lightyear

6:30 PM - Happily Ever After Dessert Party: Tomorrowland Terrace

8:00 PM – Happily Ever After

9:00 PM - If hours are extended

Space Mountain

Haunted Mansion

Big Thunder Mountain

Pirates of the Caribbean

Jungle Cruise

12:00 AM – Park Closes

Day 8 – Sunday, February 3

Departure – Disney Springs

11 AM – Lunch: Polite Pig

Brisket w/Corn and Waffle Fries ($22.00) + Pork w/Corn and Tots ($20.00) = $42.00

PhotoPass Studios

Holy moly, that's one heck of a hop day! I think you forgot to include "Pass out in bus and be jostled awake by grump bus driver" :P

Not that it really messes with your plans all that much, but the railroad will be parked in the station for February. So, you're going to have to hoof it out of MK that day.

Holy moly, that's one heck of a hop day! I think you forgot to include "Pass out in bus and be jostled awake by grump bus driver" :P

Not that it really messes with your plans all that much, but the railroad will be parked in the station for February. So, you're going to have to hoof it out of MK that day.

That's what the dessert party is for! To recharge batteries, LOL!!!

I made this plan before I heard about the railroad. It was down last time we went too, so that's a little upsetting. I wanted the kids to get to do it this time. Oh well. There are worse things that can be under refurb... here's looking at you Splash Mountain.

So I've made some changes (yeah, I know...already!) to my plans. I am going to keep my Sunday plans, but Monday has changed. Upon reconsideration, I realized I should move our visit to Toy Story Land later in our trip to enhance our chances of getting a FP for Slinky Dog. So I had to fiddle with my ADR to swap it and we're now having a super late lunch/early dinner at Sci-Fi on Monday and doing Toy Story Land/Star Wars that day. Friday we're now hitting the shows and I added an ADR for 50s Prime Time.

Just a quick little update today. I got a notification from my reservation finder last night in the middle of dinner that a 7:45 AM Trattoria Al Forno reservation had opened up on our Epcot day. I previously had a 8:55 and was okay with it, but wanted earlier. That Epcot day is planned to be spent in the World Showcase and since most of it doesn't open until 11, I figure we'd be okay sauntering in a little after 10. Now, we can probably make rope drop. yay. Knock out Norway first thing, then wander down into FutureWorld for a quick ride on Soarin' and hit Club Cool since both are "worldly" then take our time doing the rest of the showcase, especially since there's EMH that night.

How does the popcorn work? We have an official refillable bucket from our cruise this spring and I still haven't decided whether it's worth bringing and then carrying around in the parks. Is it just for regular popcorn or can you also get some kind of discount on the flavored ones?

How does the popcorn work? We have an official refillable bucket from our cruise this spring and I still haven't decided whether it's worth bringing and then carrying around in the parks. Is it just for regular popcorn or can you also get some kind of discount on the flavored ones?
I honestly don't know about the rlavoredbut it's 1.50 to refill with regular and my kids are obsessed with popcorn so the 1.50 will hold off "I'm hungry" for a couple hours.

*waves* I know it's been a full minute since I've updated. So far, my plans are holding steady. Still not exactly sure when the MIL is joining us, but I think it's safe to assume it will be at least ONE day in my plan. Really eyeing my Fastpasses now so that I can have my choices nailed down before FP day gets here since it will likely involve me being up at 5 AM on the day after Thanksgiving, potentially on vacation already. I just hope for good Wi-Fi at the hotel!

I haven't checked in a lot because I have been super busy finishing writing my 4th book. No, not a Disney book (although I should probably do that... hmmm, a tips book from a single mom... put that on my to-do list...) and certainly not appropriate content to be linked here since it falls somewhere in the genre of organized crime/mafia/thriller/romance/action novel? The reason I am mentioning it at all is because it's been taking up a LOT of my time. The first book in the series (there are 5 and 4 are written) releases in less than a month, so I am scrambling to finish up the little things like final edits/grammar cleanup/etc. After it release, each subsequent book will release a month after so there is no rest for the weary in getting these babies edited and ready for publication. Even after I finish Book 5 of the series (takes me between two weeks and a month to write a book typically plus editing time), I have 4 Prequels to write, then another series set in a different city but tied to the characters of the first series that will likely add another 5 books to the catalog. Yay! It doesn't hurt that I write the books in my free time and they are going to help fund this and future trips to Disney! Whoo-hoo - a built in vacation fund!

Now, on to the meat of my post... Fastpass choices. I think I have my plans mostly nailed down and with Apollo's DAS pass, it isn't absolutely necessary to have a FP for everything since his pass gives us something similar, but I do need to make sure that we hit everyone's favorites and see the things we haven't seen before. Because of this, I moved around a couple of our days. Whereas I'd had us visiting Toy Story Land on our third day there originally, I have bumped it out to our 6th park day instead to increase the chances of getting a FP for Slinky. We plan to DAS Midway Mania and wait for Aliens, I think... I will say that I am glad to see that even Slinky's line has been manageable with Aliens usually well under an hour and Midway hovering there.

Day 1 - Arrival/Disney Springs - No Fastpasses to worry about, just going to be hanging out and getting ready for things to start the next day. Solo driver, so I will a little bounce back time before we storm the parks.

Day 2 - Rope dropping Magic Kingdom. Not booking any FPs in the park since we're using them for Epcot later that afternoon. I know we can knock out the biggest rides on our list of the day - Big Thunder and Splash in the first hour. Then we'll have Hall of Presidents, Tom Sawyer's Island, Country Bear Jamboree, Riverboat and Haunted Mansion to work in. Haunted Mansion is the only one I'm concerned with having any significant line potential, so we'll get a return time on it during the shows we're planning to see (Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire and Move It Shake It parade since my kids love both and they end up back to back just before lunch, perfect time to get back to the hub and hang out.) Once we get to Epcot, I plan to FP Mission:Space, Spaceship: Earth and Test Track, then get a return time on Soarin' while we eat dinner. We'll work in the rest of FutureWorld (Imagination, Seas, Turtle Talk and Character Spot) where we can since we won't be worried with IllumiNations this night.

Day 3 - Another 2 park day. My plan was not originally to try to conquer Pandora without FPs, but the crowd predictions are low for the day and there's an EMH in there, so we're going to attempt it. Thinking to just slip in and get a return time for FOP immediately, then head off and do DinoLand, then worry about Pandora after the initial rush. There's plenty for us to do in Pandora while we wait for another return time if needed for Na'Vi River Journey. Hopping over to Hollywood for the rest of the day once we're done. I really only have plans to FP Star Tours so I may scrap that and go ahead and use my FP options in Animal Kingdom for FOP (if possible, if not then for Na'Vi) and the stuff around DinoLand, then try for same day fastpasses for Hollywood since we're mostly doing shows (Indy, Muppets, Frozen, etc).

Day 4 - First full park day and it's Epcot. FP will be for Frozen and likely nothing else. Might try to score a same day FP for Soarin' again for late that night after Frozen. The reason for no FPs? We're spending the ENTIRE day in the World Showcase. I am super excited for this and I KNOW my 8 year old autistic son will be floating on air. He absolutely loved the World Showcase last time, but we had to rush through it because we only had 1 Epcot day. There's also 2 EMH that night, so this will be our night to see IllumiNations (here's hoping he handles it well! He's gotten better with fireworks in the last couple years). We'll probably try for another go on Frozen if it isn't too crowded.

Day 5 - Another full park day. This time at Magic Kingdom. This is going to be a massive undertaking, but I know it's doable. Crowds are predicted to be lower, plus there's EMH at the end so we can catch up on anything we miss once the park clears out a bit. Going to eat at BOG and rope drop 7 Dwarfs. Then we'll knock out what we can in Fnatasyland without FP and start those Belle and Peter Pan, using the DAS interspersed for the other rides that build a line. Going to be seeing the parade and shows to "wait it out" for anything we can't walk on or FP. I am thinking we will FP Space Mountain for our 3rd but may swap to Buzz, although it seems to keep a shorter line. Will be knocking out the rest of Tomorrowland this day and bopping around to catch anything we missed in FantasyLand if it's deemed important. (I always build in some skippable attractions in case we get off our schedule.)

Day 6 - Last full park day. This one in Animal Kingdom to hit everything else - namely Asia and Africa. We'll rope drop Everest and FP the Safari for in the evening (I want to hit a sunset Safari). Other than that, I don't know what we'll do with our FPs. I can get a return time for the shows with Apollo's pass so that seems pointless. I may just do the one FP then go for additional FPs if needed. I've built 2 hours at Rafiki's into the plan because last time, it was like pulling teeth to get them out of there. They loved it. Also going to hit Tough to Be a Bug.

Day 7 - Last normal day in parks, a split day between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood. Going to rope drop Adventureland so we can hit Jungle Cruise in the daytime and Pirates, then hit whatever we can of the rest in the time we have there. I am pretty confident we can hit it all and still make it over to Hollywood in plenty of time. The boys loved the Treehouse and Carpets last time and I'd like them to see Tiki Room this time, so we're going to make it work. Over at Hollywood, I'm attempting Toy Story Land without a rope drop element. It scares me a little, but I think we can manage it. I will try to FP Slinky, DAS Midway and wait for Saucers if I have to, because I also don't have the jump in line at the end of the day element here as we're going to be attempting to hit ToT and RnR (our other 2 FPs for the day) as well as Fantasmic. I've given us 2.5 hours to hit the 3 TSL attractions and if we get behind, I can drop Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast shows to catch back up, even though I WOULD like to see them.

Day 8 - Crazy day! This is out 4 park hop. We are rope dropping Animal Kingdom with an EMH to hit Safari, Everest, Tough To Be a Bug and something in DinoLand if we can manage. Time is important this day and I'd rather we ride 1 thing in all four parks than get off track. Top 2 in each is the maximum necessary. From there, we go to Hollywood where we'll use our FPs on a Toy Story Ride, Star Tours and RnR, grabbing a return time for ToT when we get there. From there, we'll head to Epcot and hit Test Track and Soarin' by alternating return times and Spaceship:Earth/Nemo/anything I can get a FP for. We'll end in Magic Kingdom with Splash, Seven Dwarfs and Buzz definitely followed by the Happily Ever After dessert party. Rumor has it and last year it was true that the park was open until midnight on this day. if that happens, we'll also hit up Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Pirates in the 3 additional hours, or whatever we can manage.

I will try to FP Slinky, DAS Midway and wait for Saucers if I have to, because I also don't have the jump in line at the end of the day element here as we're going to be attempting to hit ToT and RnR (our other 2 FPs for the day) as well as Fantasmic.

People have been reporting good 4th FP availability for TSMM. Could you put RnR and ToT ahead of your TSL time? Then, you can get DAS for AS2, tap into SDD, and start refreshing for TSMM. Might be a lot of backtracking, though.

Between AS2 and TSMM, the wait for saucers has been reported as worse because the line is boring and shadeless and it absolutely crawls if they aren't running both sides.

People have been reporting good 4th FP availability for TSMM. Could you put RnR and ToT ahead of your TSL time? Then, you can get DAS for AS2, tap into SDD, and start refreshing for TSMM. Might be a lot of backtracking, though.

Between AS2 and TSMM, the wait for saucers has been reported as worse because the line is boring and shadeless and it absolutely crawls if they aren't running both sides.
That's a good idea I hadn't considered. Personally, I'm fine with missing Beauty and the Beast and little mermaid. It's not that far to walk and we don't have to see Fantasmic. So I might do that and try to get slinky later, DAS as2 and then wait it out for TSMM at the same time we wait for the DAS. At least Midway has an interesting queue.

Excuse me while I go run around outside and literally SCREAM! I was so excited to see all of the awesome stuff coming to Disney on January 18! It seems that usually having a January trip on the books means hoping and praying that your favorite ride won't go down under refurbishment, not getting to experience something new! Whoohoo!

I'll go over what I'm going to have to work into my plans and I now see that my Hollywood Studios days are going to be harder than ever to plan. I thought we would finally get to see the Beauty and the Beast live show, but alas... I don't think it's meant to be. It's been around for years and I have never seen it, but with the addition of all of the Pixar meet and greets, I know where my boys are going to want to go... and it won't be to see a retelling of a movie they've seen a hundred times.

My kids love the Incredibles, so I'm super excited for them to have the chance to meet some of them and well, our dog is named Sulley... so you can guess how they're going to react to having a chance to meet Mike and Sulley...

I am adding in the Lion King dance party too because it's MY favorite Disney movie.

We'll surely enjoy some of the Festival of the Arts. It was fun last time when we went to the inaugural one. Here's hoping for some more Figment magnets! I'm also glad we are working IllumiNations into our visit this time, since its end has been announced. It's something I remember from my childhood and I think my ASD boy is almost to the point where he can tolerate fireworks.

Called today to snag a discount and I am actually going to be paying $12 more. *facepalm* However, I swapped over to Movies which was a couple hundred dollars more originally AND got into referred, so it was a logical move. Here's hoping we get our request for Toy Story room!

I think I have also potentially lost my mind in that I am very seriously considering purchasing Extra Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios for the Monday we will be there. It's being offered Monday and Wednesday, but Wed is out all-day Magic Kingdom say and I have an 8 AM BOG ADR there that I do not want to mess with. We were already going to be in Hollywood Studios on Monday, but in the evening so I fli-flopped our plans and dropped Beauty and the Beast and now we will have the exclusive access to Toy Story Land and breakfast, then spend the rest of our morning checking out the Pixar additions before wrapping up Hollywood Boulevard and hopping over to Animal Kingdom to tackle Pandora. Whew... both new-to-us lands in one day... all this planning may seriously have messed up my head...

In other news, it appears my Mother In Love with be joining us for Saturday/Sunday at the beginning of her trip. We're driving in overnight Friday to Saturday morning, so we'll spend Saturday with her at Disney Springs and then she's going to join us in at least one park on Sunday. She's looking into getting a 1 day hopper since our plans are to hit Frontierland/Liberty Square/Move It Shake It/Friendship Faire in MK then hop to Epcot to hit up FutureWorld. I think it'll be an extra $60 for her to hop with us to Epcoot, but it's looking like something she'll be doing.

I think I have also potentially lost my mind in that I am very seriously considering purchasing Extra Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios for the Monday we will be there.

Fun! I brought it up to hubby when they were announced, but we can't justify the cost. We are already pushing to the edge of our comfort level on the budget with the 10 day trip, the switching to renting dvc for the deluxe hotel, and the dining plan. If we were going for a shorter trip, we'd be doing it, but it seems extravagant when we're already staying long enough to have 2 days of FPs at HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!