$46

this is a gusseted pillow
Beyond Down (on front bag)
Beyond Down (on sticker)
Plush Firm
White
Standard/Queen
$56.00

But no where on either tag on the pillows does it say Beyond Down.
And the address for Carpenter is Altoona, PA not Taylor, TX

They seem like nice pillows though & they were half off.

They apparently have more than one factory. The Beyond Down that I ended up with when I couldn't find Beyond Nature were from the Altoona factory as well. One of these days, I'm going to drive to Taylor TX (20 miles), go to the factory, and see what I can find out.

I haven't checked this thread in ages (and actually had to search for it), but today I was curious as to whether anyone had actually ordered a case. Apparently the one person who did received Beyond Down, right? I definitely don't want to spend that much money and get the wrong pillows! I do enjoy the Beyond Down, but I still don't like them as much as Beyond Nature.

The mattresses are a hotel grade mattress and while you can find many Sealy's that are similar you won't find them by that name unless you find a hotel supplier that will sell you one.

I'm in the market for some new pillows and love the ones at SSR - I read over this thread but still am confused as to what brand (Beyond Nature or Beyond Down) and where they are carried. Any help would be very appreciated :goodvibes

Beyond Nature & Beyond Down aren't brands--they're what the fill is called. As far as I've been able to determine, Carpenter (the manufacturer) isn't making the Beyond Nature any more. I was able to find two that had the Beyond Down fill just by reading the tags on the pillows at the store or sometimes on the pillow packaging).

The ones I have have three tags on the pillow: One says "Indulgence by Isotonic" another other says "sleepbetter by Carpenter." There are also paper tags that identify the pillow as being made by Carpenter Co. Mine were manufactured in Altoona PA. I'm pretty sure I got them at Penney's. They came in a zippered plastic bag with handles, and it said "Beyond Nature" on the paper insert with the picture of the pillow, etc. I think it also said something like "Down Alternative." Good luck!

Edit: I just checked back a few posts and saw that someone found the Beyond Down at Belk. I checked the web site, and they're on clearance for super cheap (standard $16, queen $18.40, king $20). I'm ordering some for everybody in my family plus extras for me :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info.... we don't have a Belks in our area so I would not be able to return. A couple of questions before I order: These are not gusseted - are the ones at SSR? (Amazon does have gusseted) Also, would you order standard or queen size? I usually get standard as queen are so hard to squish in the cases! - but we do have a queen bed. Thanks for your help!

(P.S. There website has an additional 15% off)

I received 4 pillows from Belks (2Q, 2S) and they don't seem the same. They are very soft and go flat at night. I may need the photo guide :) on how to stuff the pillows in the case :confused3

These are the pillows I bought from Belks:

P1000572.jpg
P1000573.jpg
P1000569.jpg
P1000575.jpg

P1000580.jpg
P1000578.jpg

The first one is very soft & the second is more firm.
(See my previous post for additional labeling)

I also ordered from Belk, and none of my pillows (4 Standard, 4Q) are gusseted like your second picture.

I'll try to explain the "stuffing" a little better (doing it as I explain to be sure I'm as clear as possible).

1. Hold the pillow case by the open end and shake the pillow down as far as it will go.

2. Resting the pillow against your body (I do this standing next to the bed), grab the edge of the pillow case farthest away from you and hold it open.

3. Next, take the front edge of the pillowcase in your other hand and fold it over the back edge of the pillowbetween the pillow and the back edge of the case, smoothing as you go. (Pretend the pillow is a mattress, and you're tucking in a non-fitted sheet.) This should leave you still holding the back edge of the pillow case. Take your hand out of the pillow case when you have it smoothed to your satisfaction.

4. Let go of the back edge. You should now have a flap of excess fabric (the back edge of the pillow case), that's similar to what you get when you're wrapping packages...the last bit you tape down on each end of the package.

5. From here, you can do one of two things: smooth the flap into a point & pin or otherwise secure it to the front of the pillow case (this will save you from having to re-do it every day), or fold it in on itself along the back side of the pillow.

I don't know when I'd have time to do a photo guide, but I'll try if this doesn't work for you.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have these!

This exercise (giving instructions) reminds me of the standard speech assignment where you have to give instructions to accomplish something (orally and without looking at the "something"). They can get rather comical when you leave things out. Someone did instructions for making a peanut butter sandwich. They did pretty well except for omitting the fact that you have to remove the lid from the PB jar. IE, it's entirely possible that I left something out, but I have no idea what it would be

Got it - thanks! You explained it very well and didn't leave anything out :thumbsup2 It does seem to help them retain their shape. I should have purchased just one and tried it out first instead of 4 but I'll have extras for the guest room.

Thank you to those that posted this link: unitedproductsinc.com
I just went to their site, clicked on the bedding & pillows, and there typed in the Beyond Nature pillows. You do have to order by the case, but considering I have woke up the past 2 mornings with headaches and neck pain since returning home I didn't care. We spent a week at SSR, followed by a week at Kidani Villas, and the next week on DCL-Eastern Caribbean. I just signed up as a new customer, put in my info & cc #, and ordered a case of the standard size. We will use all 12 pillows throughout the house. The kids loved them also. Good luck people. JCPenney doesn't carry them anymore, and neither did the Bed Bath & Beyond by my home.

Someone else on this thread also ordered a case, and I think they said when the pillows came in, they were actually Beyond Down rather than Beyond Nature. I ordered mine from Belk when they were on closeout--buy one get one free :cool1: Some of the plastic wrappers the pillows come in say Beyond Down and others say Beyond Nature, but the paper tags on the pillows themselves doesn't have either designation--it's just weird, but I'm super happy to have them.

Hi ,
We have just got back from OKW and the pillows were wonderful.
I emailed guest services and they informed me they were the Gel filled style available online from the Resort Collection - has anyone ordered these , and are they the same as in the rooms?
Thanks
Sam:)

Hi ,
We have just got back from OKW and the pillows were wonderful.
I emailed guest services and they informed me they were the Gel filled style available online from the Resort Collection - has anyone ordered these , and are they the same as in the rooms?
Thanks
Sam:)

They are not the same or even close. The pillows are a synthetic down, and it took me over a year to find them.

Hello all! Belk's website has Beyond Down on sale for $19.99 Standard, $22.99 Queen, and $24.99 King. :cool1:

I am going to make the trek out to the Belk store to see if they have them in stock...failing that I will order online. Never had a better night's sleep in my life. Next on the list...the mattress!!

After finding this thread after searching for the Disney Resort Collection pillows, I am looking into the Beyond Down pillows by Carpenter.

Found them on Belk.com today for $15.99, but when I click on the shopping cart, they show up at full price, not the sale price. Does one know how to get the sale price on belk.com. The website seems like it's a little glitchy which makes me nervous.

I see what you mean KS. I also tried to buy the Beyond Down on Belk's website and had the same problem. Just for kicks I added another sale-priced item to my cart and it did show up as being on sale in my cart, unlike the pillow.

I plan on calling them tomorrow.

Just updating: I checked online today, before calling Belk's and they seem to have corrected the website. The Carpenter Beyond Down pillows are on sale for $19.99/each. Shipping wasn't bad either, $7.95 for 3 pillows and no tax (state dependent, of course). Good luck!

Thanks to jamstew for all the helpful info here. My pillows from Belks arrived yesterday and I stuffed them in the pillowcases and folded the pillowcase in nice and tight. When my head hit the pillow it felt like I was back at BLT.:goodvibes
Thank you sooo much:worship:

I just ordered mine from Belk. Thanks for the great tip! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Now, how do I make the pillowcase tight like at Disney? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter