Want to Purchase Pillows

Thanks to whoever started this pillow talk. I got my Belk's Beyond Down last week and have had fantastic sleep since. It's hard to believe a pillow could help so much but I'm sleeping through the night and no more back pain.

I just ordered a few more, for DH, the kids and the guest room. The "sale" is still running at Belk's, as of today.

I just ordered 4 from Belk's. The order form said gelfiber(something or other). When I stayed at BWV I commented to my DH on my return that the pillows were very comfortable and felt like gel. I'm thrilled to find this thread and the pillows. I hope they are as good as everyone says. They were half price-$20.00 for standard size. Free shipping over $75.00.

I'm glad the thread was bumped! I gave Belk's some money!

I just got the Beyond Down pillows. In order to get it to feel anything remotely like a Disney pillow, you have to do the "folding in" trick referred to earlier int his thread. Why would we have to do that if these are the same pillows??? Without the folding in of the pillowcase, it is just a big "mush" that doesn't resemble the Disney pillow at all.

I just got the Beyond Down pillows. In order to get it to feel anything remotely like a Disney pillow, you have to do the "folding in" trick referred to earlier int his thread. Why would we have to do that if these are the same pillows??? Without the folding in of the pillowcase, it is just a big "mush" that doesn't resemble the Disney pillow at all.

Just try sleeping on it tonight. I bet you'll be a convert! :) Every time I store some of those pillows at relatives' houses they end up using them and loving them. GL

Which one do I want? There are two "Beyond Down" choices on the Belk website. There is the "Carpenter Beyond Down Pillow" and the "Supreme Dreams Beyond Down Density Pillow." My initial thought is the first one, but one of the pictures in an earlier post shows a pillow with gussets which is more like the second pillow.

For those in the know... please help! I want to sleep!! Thanks.

Which one do I want? There are two "Beyond Down" choices on the Belk website. There is the "Carpenter Beyond Down Pillow" and the "Supreme Dreams Beyond Down Density Pillow." My initial thought is the first one, but one of the pictures in an earlier post shows a pillow with gussets which is more like the second pillow.

For those in the know... please help! I want to sleep!! Thanks.

From everything that I have read, you want the Carpenter one. That is the one that people have matched up the numbers. I bought it here.

My wife and I slept on them for the first night last night. After taking some time to adjust the "tucking in" of the pillowcase to give it a bit more firmness (as per instructions earlier in this thread), we found that we could make it approach what we remember in Disney. Yet I still want to hear from someone who stayed recently on the Disney property who can confirm whether Disney also tucks in the pillowcase. I recall the Disney pillows looking a heck of a lot nicer than my pillow looked once I shoved it in the pillowcase and tucked in the end of the pillowcase. Do they have yet another cover over it?

I am wondering if the same effect can be had by using a zip dust mite cover that is one size smaller. So, for my king size pillow, I'd use a queen dust mite cover. I figured that might work since the goal of the tucking is to give the pillow some more firmness.

The gusseted pillow was Carpenters Beyond Nature no longer sold at Belks. I have it too. iI is much firmer than the ones at Disney.

As far as pillowcase tuck in thing. We were there last in Nov 10. It really seemed to me that the pillowcases themselves were much narrower than the ones I have at home. Perhaps the smaller size helps keep its shape.

I have had mine(Beyond Down) about 18 months and I still love it. It seems to be going a little flat now, but a trip through the dryer on no heat really brings it back.

From everything that I have read, you want the Carpenter one. That is the one that people have matched up the numbers. I bought it here.

My wife and I slept on them for the first night last night. After taking some time to adjust the "tucking in" of the pillowcase to give it a bit more firmness (as per instructions earlier in this thread), we found that we could make it approach what we remember in Disney. Yet I still want to hear from someone who stayed recently on the Disney property who can confirm whether Disney also tucks in the pillowcase. I recall the Disney pillows looking a heck of a lot nicer than my pillow looked once I shoved it in the pillowcase and tucked in the end of the pillowcase. Do they have yet another cover over it?

I am wondering if the same effect can be had by using a zip dust mite cover that is one size smaller. So, for my king size pillow, I'd use a queen dust mite cover. I figured that might work since the goal of the tucking is to give the pillow some more firmness.

The king sized pillows are floppier, just due to their larger size. The ones at WDW are standard size, and I use the queen size on my K bed. If it bothers you a lot you might want to try a smaller pillow. The pillow protector is a good idea too.

The ones at Disney are not tucked. I am at SSR right now. I would say that the case seems a bit smaller and might in effect, be the same as the tucking.

The last time I was here, I wanted to order pillows, looked up this thread and then forgot to order. Now, after being here about 5 days my wife and I finally said, lets order these pillows right now!!

We just came back from HHI, and there was a pillow missing in the BR. MarkyMouse, you got some splainin' to do!:rotfl2:

I am actually in the need for new pillows and cant remember where I bought the Disneyish ones I have I have the King size and use a standard size cover. Works like a charm. DH leaves his floppy, I could never sleep like that.

Can you please confirm if the DVC resort pillows are in fact "Beyond Down". This thread was a few years back but we are desperate to buy 4 of those pillows! Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts