Want to Stay Far Far Away from Galaxy Edge (crowds)

seggerman

Earning My Ears
I made the error of booking a 4 day Disney vacation the week of Galaxy Edge opening. Fortunately, the opening is day 2 of our 4 days - and we will go to Hollywood Studios day 1. How big will the crowds be elsewhere?

You'd think the general park entry will be very busy, but suspect most people will be having to GE

Our park days are Dec 5-8. Our plan is to avoid HS, go to the other parks on low crowd calendar days, and one night of MVMCP. We should be able to work around the crowds. I’ll have fun just being there!

I love Disney and I love Star Wars... but I don’t see any original Star Wars in Star Wars land? Anyone want to explain why? Crowds in CA have been nonexistent? There is no Yoda, no Darth Vader, no R2, no Luke, no Han, no Leia, working theory is that Lucas gets 25% royalty for original characters so Disney is being penny wise and pound foolish? Crowds might not be a problem.

I love Disney and I love Star Wars... but I don’t see any original Star Wars in Star Wars land? Anyone want to explain why? Crowds in CA have been nonexistent? There is no Yoda, no Darth Vader, no R2, no Luke, no Han, no Leia, working theory is that Lucas gets 25% royalty for original characters so Disney is being penny wise and pound foolish? Crowds might not be a problem.

Well for one it is called Galaxy's Edge, Yoda, Luke, Han and Leia are all dead...................just saying............ :stir:

"When George Lucas sold his company, Lucasfilm Limited, to the Walt Disney Company in 2012, he sold all of the rights to intellectual properties Lucasfilm owned, including: The Star Wars franchise and brand, which includes the five Star Wars films produced by Lucasfilm before 2012 "

Last edited:
@Markstudy in Disney's defense following the GE timeline those characters would be completely out of place. You will see those things from SW 1-6 in Tomorrowland, but not in GE. Licensing or not I think they have put together a good back story that supports that rational.

I believe HS and EP will be busy on the 29th. Might be a great day for AK

My Dad and I are in Disney World before our Disney Fantasy cruise. We are going to HS and EP on the 30th, still crazy. On the 29th we are doing MK in Morning and then AK in Afternoon/Night

Well for one it is called Galaxy's Edge, Yoda, Luke, Han and Leia are all dead...................just saying............ :stir:

Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse, The Swiss Family Robinson and the Pirates are not? ;)

How long do Mice live?

@Markstudy in Disney's defense following the GE timeline those characters would be completely out of place. You will see those things from SW 1-6 in Tomorrowland, but not in GE. Licensing or not I think they have put together a good back story that supports that rational.

Thanks, I enjoyed your comment good point. But doesn't every Star Wars movie take place in a Galaxy a Long Long Time Ago?

It just feels like Disney gave us the empty box instead of the toy and said take this empty box and use your own imagination don't rely on George Lucas's memories. Silly boy! Make your own new ones. Who is George anyway? LOL

Seems like a lame excuse for the original characters that made Star Wars so successful over the last 40 years. If they had split the land down the middle... I bet the line for Tatooine and Mos Eisley cantina would have been 10 times longer than the line for Batuu?

Last edited:
Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse, The Swiss Family Robinson and the Pirates are not? ;)

How long do Mice live?

No they are all alive and well man, geez I bet Santa Claus does not go to your house...... :sad2:

I think the reason Pandora in AK is such crazy success is that word of mouth among fans - on boards like this. So if Star Wars is - eh - well maybe it will be managable. I dunno - the on property "resorts" are all sold out on popular sites i.e Tripadvisor et al for that time in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter