Want to Stay Far Far Away from Galaxy Edge (crowds)

I just checked my Lines app 40 minutes after GE opening and believe it or not Slinky Dog Dash already has a 30 minutes expected/60 minutes posted wait! But Saucers and Midway Mania are less than 10 expected, although Midway Mania is posted at 25. So some people are in HS but not GE this morning!

I love Disney and I love Star Wars... but I don’t see any original Star Wars in Star Wars land? Anyone want to explain why? Crowds in CA have been nonexistent? There is no Yoda, no Darth Vader, no R2, no Luke, no Han, no Leia, working theory is that Lucas gets 25% royalty for original characters so Disney is being penny wise and pound foolish? Crowds might not be a problem.

Disney 100% owns LucasFilms and its properties. Why would Lucas get anything?

The reason for it is as mentioned, the time period in which you experience GE is sequel era. Disney wanted to create a land that you could have your own story and limit any conflicts with continuity or character integrity. Luke is dead. Vader is dead. Leia is too busy leading the resistance. Han is dead AND even if he weren't, he wouldn't be caught dead letting you fly his baby.

The land isn't about just you getting caught up in nostalgia and experiencing worlds you already know (and quite frankly most of which are nigh impossible to replicate in terms of feeling real). It's about you experiencing a new Star Wars land in as close to canon way as possible. It makes more sense for Hondo to let you take the MF for a mission. Kylo & Rey being there make more sense than any of the OT characters. Embrace this and let the power flow.

Thanks, I enjoyed your comment good point. But doesn't every Star Wars movie take place in a Galaxy a Long Long Time Ago?

It just feels like Disney gave us the empty box instead of the toy and said take this empty box and use your own imagination don't rely on George Lucas's memories. Silly boy! Make your own new ones. Who is George anyway? LOL

Seems like a lame excuse for the original characters that made Star Wars so successful over the last 40 years. If they had split the land down the middle... I bet the line for Tatooine and Mos Eisley cantina would have been 10 times longer than the line for Batuu?

Glaxay Edge is set around the new movies not the old ones which is a good move. The old movies are done, played out, and well just classic. The new stories are going to have lots of money behind them, new branching stories, and have more freedom of creativity in example their 2 day experience option as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter