Wanting to do Coasters at Sea Wold - where begin?

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
So we are going at rope drop (is that a thing at Sea world, I am assuming so) and I haven't been to Sea World in ages so want to do some coasters first thing before shows. Anyone have a master plan to hit all coasters with minimal wait time??

Thanks

This is all based on experience from last year (on a couple of coaster-centric trips)...

We generally hit Manta first for 2-3 rides, then Kraken for 2-3 rides. They were opening the part of the park with Mako an hour or so later than the front of the park when we went, so we would time riding it for that. (They had a literal rope drop back there, right at the Spice Mill restaurant.)

I'm not sure where that would put you with the shows. You may want to do one or even two (dolphins, pets and/or sea lions) between Kraken and Mako to avoid too much backtracking. It really depends on the show times and what you really want to see. If you do a show or two before Mako, the line will be longer, but I don't think the line builds too early, and it's a pretty fast loader. We always hit it before shows since it is our favorite, and we love to ride it over and over. I think we did 10 rides our first trip. On Kraken and Mako, we have had times when there were so few people in line after our first ride or two that we got to just stay on. It was pretty awesome.

This is all based on experience from last year (on a couple of coaster-centric trips)...

We generally hit Manta first for 2-3 rides, then Kraken for 2-3 rides. They were opening the part of the park with Mako an hour or so later than the front of the park when we went, so we would time riding it for that. (They had a literal rope drop back there, right at the Spice Mill restaurant.)

I'm not sure where that would put you with the shows. You may want to do one or even two (dolphins, pets and/or sea lions) between Kraken and Mako to avoid too much backtracking. It really depends on the show times and what you really want to see. If you do a show or two before Mako, the line will be longer, but I don't think the line builds too early, and it's a pretty fast loader. We always hit it before shows since it is our favorite, and we love to ride it over and over. I think we did 10 rides our first trip. On Kraken and Mako, we have had times when there were so few people in line after our first ride or two that we got to just stay on. It was pretty awesome.

Perfect info - just what I was hoping to glean from disboards! Thank you!!!!!!

We just buy quick queue and be done with it.
If you want to do the character meet at Sesame Street just plunk the $15 down for your group to skip the line. That isnt per person. Its $15 for the group.

Also rope drop is a thing. The parking entrance people are the slowest in the world. And some days security waves you through some days they stop just short of a rectal probe on everyone.

Also rope drop is a thing. The parking entrance people are the slowest in the world. And some days security waves you through some days they stop just short of a rectal probe on everyone.

LOL good to know!

It's just me and my brother (adults) so no way we are going near Sesame Street LOL

LOL good to know!

It's just me and my brother (adults) so no way we are going near Sesame Street LOL

Why not? It is a cute area and if you have all day dining or even don't, the grill cheese food truck is great. I liked the one with the pulled pork.

Here is how we do it and seem to get everything done. Go to the SW website and check out the show times for your date. Choose what you want to see and the times. (make a list) Then we work the rides and meals and viewing things in between the show times. If you do rope drop, a lot of stuff will not be available until later.

Why not? It is a cute area and if you have all day dining or even don't, the grill cheese food truck is great. I liked the one with the pulled pork.

Here is how we do it and seem to get everything done. Go to the SW website and check out the show times for your date. Choose what you want to see and the times. (make a list) Then we work the rides and meals and viewing things in between the show times. If you do rope drop, a lot of stuff will not be available until later.

ooooooh you might have sold me on grilled cheese truck!!!!!

Thanks for tips!!

ooooooh you might have sold me on grilled cheese truck!!!!!

Thanks for tips!!

Be sure to do pets ahoy too. It is so stinking cute. It is amazing how they get all those dogs, and cats, and rats, and ducks, and birds, and pigs, and every thing else they have that day to make a should not be missed show.

Be sure to do pets ahoy too. It is so stinking cute. It is amazing how they get all those dogs, and cats, and rats, and ducks, and birds, and pigs, and every thing else they have that day to make a should not be missed show.
Sometimes we watch it a couple times a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!