War is making me homesick for the House of Mouse. What comforts you?

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
With all that is happening now, I'm really missing the carefree times we have at Disney. I miss being out of the Real World and in a fantasy world where everyone is happy, courteous, and peaceful (well, almost everyone). Im also craving my favorite comfort meals, family snuggles in our bed and and ice cream!! I almost cried in my excitement when DH told me yesterday morning that he was grilling brisket and ribs on the Weber for dinner. I requested potato salad and he made that also. I secretly wanted to invite the whole neighborhood over for dinner just to feel a sense of community. Good thing tomorrow is church day...I'm really looking forward to that!

I just put on Grateful Dead's Skeletons from the Closet and cranked up the volume. Seems to be doing it for me! :bounce: :bounce:

DH and I are meeting up with a family we went to WDW with in December. Hopefully that will hold us over for a while. :D

We've been going in March the last 2 years. This year we didn't make it. I really feel like I'm missing out!! I'm ready to pack my bags and hop in the car. A one way, permanent trip would be perfect! :teeth:

WDW vacation planned in Aug whether or not DH is deployed. But for now, hugging my DDs (4years and 17 mo) will suffice!!!

But for now, hugging my DDs (4years and 17 mo) will suffice!!!
ME TOO!! I've found myself calling my kids away from their video or just in passing to come over for me to hug/kiss them and tell them how much I love them, how beautiful they are, etc. My husband was out in the garage drying the car off after washing it and poked his head in the door and called out to everyone "Who wants ice cream??" and we took off for the Sonic down our street. Even my son noticed a difference and told his dad that he's been so nice lately. We've griped less at the kids this weekend and hugged more!! That's comforting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter