Warning about National and EA

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 9 days at the World. We had reserved a full size car from Emerald Aisle over the National EA web site and were pleased to drive out of the Airport in a Chevy Blazer.

When we returned the Blazer the aisle attendant checked us out and finalized the bill. The bill was higher by about $40 from our confirmed quote (which I thankfully had a copy of). I asked the attendant to fix it but he said we would have to go to the National counter at the airport terminal to have it adjusted.

Luckily we had plenty of time before our flight so we walked over and had the EA service person adjust our rate. I asked her why this happened and she just blamed it on the computers. I don't think she would have changed our rate if I hadn't kept a copy of that earlier confirmed quote.

So beware everybody to check your final bill and document your web rates. Especially when you get a great rate!

its pretty much like that with everything these days. its best to always have your printout with the rate and confirmation on it...!

We have used EA dozens of times but for the first time last month we were charged higher than web confirmation and had to go inside. We were at LAX and not MCO and figured it was location but maybe this is a new growing trend for National - so watch and arrive at airport early so you can get credit before you get the bill and have to wait weeks for customer service to do a credit with calls and snail mail.

Last May our bill was $200 more when we returned the car than our quoted rate. We were sent to the counter for it to be corrected. When we got our charge card bill, it was still $20 higher.

Does anyone know if we can get confirmation of the quoted rate when we check in with the attendant at the time we are leaving EA? We didn't do this last time and I always wondered if that was our mistake.

The last time I used EA was in February and the attendant gave me my total at the booth, it was verbal though. It did match my confirmation. When I used EA last December, my total ended up being about $7 lower because they changed my Emerald Club discount from 15% to 20% on the final. I was just checking rates for my upcoming trip and noticed there is no Emerald Club discount when using contract 5007125.

I returned my car in Nov and the print out was for a higher rate than my quote. Luckily I had printed out the email confirmation I received from National quoting me the price because the snitty agent at the counter told me the rate was wrong and the discount was too high so she would not honor it. :mad:

I told her to get her manager since it was not my fault that her web site gave me too big of a discount. The manager told her to honor the confirmation and give me credit.

It is very important to bring those confirmations with you!

We tried to get confirmation in February when we drove off with the car. Unfortunately the people at the gate didn't really seem to know anything. They quoted a higher rate and we showed them the confirmation and they just nodded.

When we returned the car, the rate was the higher rate. It wasn't by much, but it was the principle of the thing. I worked very hard re booking several times to get the cheap rate;) !!

We had arrived early just in case and the person at the counter fixed it with no hassle or argument.

I have been trying to book for next February and I have also noticed that there isn't a discount yet with the Emerald 5007125 number. I keep hoping for another rate of $115.

Again, bring that confirmation with you.

BigDave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter